Luca Toni (75 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fender06

Sep 16, 2006
Huntelar is wish thou.. By me we should take a risk in giving Paoluci a chance, he won't have big wages[i hope, cas we must take care with recourse, thet'r crucial!], Palladino we should play, he can play AML. And if we must take striker than the wright decision is Klose Or Huntelar. We can throw money 4 C Ronaldo or Diego but 4 Toni, no.
ys, i don't mind if juve gives chances to Paolucci, Palladino,Bojinov...those youngsters, maybe they'll become a super star one day~

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dano

Jul 5, 2006
I think you've got the whole issue wrong, blokes. The £35 includes our offer to Fiorentina to let him go plus his salary for the 4 seasons in his contract. By some simple calculations, the transfer fee is equal £25M provided that we'll sell Trezeguet. Of course, Trezguet will cost any team, that wants to buy him like Lyon, not less than £14M, this means that we pay £11M more to capture Toni.

But, in my opoinion, I still see that the additional £11M plus Trezeguet is a huge offer for a 30 old years striker even if this striker is Italy no.1 striker.
Well said. Completely agree with this post.

Although if Trezeguet wants to leave, Luca would be the one player who I’d like to see more than anyone else in the squad. If we can’t persuade Trez to stay, which seems the case, then an additional 11m for Luca is not so bad. It’s steep, but I think he’d get the job done.

Jan 7, 2007
Juventus would be ready to splurge 35 M Pounds on one player, yet they wouldn't pay 1.5 M Euros to have Grygera arrive six months early to strengthen the crumbling defence and ensure promotion...

Smells like horseshit, and I don't like it.
Isn't he free in the summer? Sounds silly to buy him now when the much better option is down the road.

Juve should get promoted with this current squad.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Well said. Completely agree with this post.

Although if Trezeguet wants to leave, Luca would be the one player who I’d like to see more than anyone else in the squad. If we can’t persuade Trez to stay, which seems the case, then an additional 11m for Luca is not so bad. It’s steep, but I think he’d get the job done.
Agree, plus I want to add that a motivated Toni is far better that a frustrated Trezeguet, even if the latter is a legend.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
Isn't he free in the summer? Sounds silly to buy him now when the much better option is down the road.

Juve should get promoted with this current squad.
Who has pulled the wool over your eyes? Juventus' most blatant problem as of late is defending a lead. Any decent defender would have been fine, it didn't have to be Grygera, just someone to come and help Juventus now. Being stingy in times of turmoil gets you nowhere. Surely they could've reeled in a defender with at least half a brain, because even my nonna knows it's better than what Juve's got now.

Jan 7, 2007
Who has pulled the wool over your eyes? Juventus' most blatant problem as of late is defending a lead. Any decent defender would have been fine, it didn't have to be Grygera, just someone to come and help Juventus now. Being stingy in times of turmoil gets you nowhere. Surely they could've reeled in a defender with at least half a brain, because even my nonna knows it's better than what Juve's got now.
Juve's problem right now isn't the roster, it's the mentality of the players once they get a lead... they think the game is over. You think Gygera would make that go away? I don't. Juve's current squad should still be putting opponents away... they are perfectly capable of it.

DD's boys need to keep their foot on the pedal, even with a 2-goal lead. Just because we're in Serie B doesn't mean it's a cake walk. Listening to the players this week, last weekends game slapped them in the face.

Dano

Jul 5, 2006
why Toni? if Trez wants to leave we should spend the cash on midfielder and/or defender. we have enough striker imo. they just need to play.
I kinda agree. But the thing is, if Trez does leave then that leaves us with only 1 prolific goal scorer who has proven himself time after time. Del Piero… Palladino, Zalayeta and Bojinov won’t cut it if we want to make an immediate impact imo. I might be wrong, but if we lose Trez, I want a replacement who is capable of the same, if not better things. I'm 99% certain Toni could do that for us.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
Calm down Juventini, please.

Our current squad is, without a doubt, much respected. Even though, the main bug isn't just the defence, it is also the midfield, creativity and pace. Strengthening our defence isn't very hard mission as we already signed Grygera, Salihamdzic and Criscito. But, we still need 3 promising defenders, actually, there are lots; Cannavaro, Metzelder, Barzagli, Zambrotta, etc...(nothing more in my mind right now). The main problem here is our midfield line, we need at least three midfielders, and please don't forget that they'll cost us a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)