Luca Toni (65 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2007
i watched Italy in WC because after Croatia Azzurri were always my favourite team,
and as you said he had lots of chances to score but he didn't, i don't care was it woodwork or he missed the goal by a mile, he didn't score. Anyway i don't want him in Juve and that's it.
That's obvious now, lol

Fortunately, you seem to be in the minority.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
No kidding... How many players had many more goals in the WC?

His arguement is pretty weak.
i want Toni in our team and wished juve had bought him from Palermo straight away. An valid argument is that even though Toni scored 2 goals, Klose scored 5 and assisted more. I'd prefer Toni as he is Italian but whatever happens im sure Juve will make the right choice

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
i want Toni in our team and wished juve had bought him from Palermo straight away. An valid argument is that even though Toni scored 2 goals, Klose scored 5 and assisted more. I'd prefer Toni as he is Italian but whatever happens im sure Juve will make the right choice
true, but Italy mostly played with Toni alone upfront. if you watched the matches all the balls that went to him he had to mostly hold up the ball outside the box (while almost always having 2 players mark him) and wait for support. It's hard for any striker to score like that, especially for a pure box predator like Toni. Klose meanwhile was playing alongside another forward in Podolski in all the matches i nthe WC. If the argument is that Klose is the better player? I think so just because I think that Klose can offer more than just scoring goals. He is a very dynamic player that likes to assist as well. I'd love to have Klose in Juve.

using international football as basis to judge players is pretty weak though. Ronaldinho, Lampard and Gerrard are pretty mediocre on International level, yet there is no denying that they are top players in their positions on club level.

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
Look i don't want him in Juve, he can be the best player in the world i don't care.

Thats all there is to it.
Now cheers mate :pint:

That's your own opinion though. Toni scores, it's a well know fact. I don't want him just because I like him, I want him because he would do wonders for juve. You can't just say toni isn't right for juve because you don't like the guy. You can't agree the stats he puts up. He did it with palermo and now with the viola. He will continue to do it with juve if he plays for us.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
to me, Luca is similar to Trezegol, cant offer much out of the penalty area!!!
:smoke:
now you are just being silly.
trezegol and toni are completely different players, toni does a hell of a lot of work outside the box and holds the ball up well, allowing for breaking midfielders and his runs are strong and powerful, defenders have a hard time with him.
trez on the other hand ghosts in from the back, drifts in and out of teh game but has the uncanny ability to sniff out half chances and make them into goalscoring opportunities, there are none better than him at this, that is why he goal scorer/poacher supreme

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
now you are just being silly.
trezegol and toni are completely different players, toni does a hell of a lot of work outside the box and holds the ball up well, allowing for breaking midfielders and his runs are strong and powerful, defenders have a hard time with him.
trez on the other hand ghosts in from the back, drifts in and out of teh game but has the uncanny ability to sniff out half chances and make them into goalscoring opportunities, there are none better than him at this, that is why he goal scorer/poacher supreme

i agree with big boobed bozi. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Bozi is right, Luca Toni is basically the prototypical targetman. But in terms of finishing and being a penalty box predator, Trezeguet was always superior to Toni and only Van Nistelrooy could compete with David for the label of most natural finisher in the world.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Bozi is right, Luca Toni is basically the prototypical targetman. But in terms of finishing and being a penalty box predator, Trezeguet was always superior to Toni and only Van Nistelrooy could compete with David for the label of most natural finisher in the world.
couldnt agree more

@morra-they are distracting arent they?

Tobias

Guerriero
Sep 20, 2006
roberto*baggio why?
I had to go to therapy just to forget that day and u just brought it up.
After that i had mixed feelings for trez but i cant deny his been gr8 for us. BUT TONI IS A MUST GET!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Italian or not, Toni would fit in perfectly with our style of play.
And if we were to play a more open game, Toni would be the man.

With Trez, you don't need to create much, coz 1-2 half chances and he HITS. But I'd pick the more open play with Toni (crossin my fingers).

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
im with the italian strikers all the way so get toni in and get trez out
i wont forget his sudden death to italy in euro 2000 as long as i breath so now it's payback time, burn the atheist
WTF? Trez is a legend here and deserves more respect from you!

Toni will never be a hero like Trez is, with his clumsyness and slowness he better go play basketball.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
im with the italian strikers all the way so get toni in and get trez out
i wont forget his sudden death to italy in euro 2000 as long as i breath so now it's payback time, burn the atheist
What the hell you want trezeguet to not score the winning goal for his country in a final just because he plays in the country of the opposition????

your an idiot, get real theres no room for your imbecillic thinking here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)