Luca Toni (103 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Imo I think that toni would not fit in juventus because he is too slow for us .... also i think that his relationship on the field with delpiero wont be good...

I disagree...Trezeguet isnt exactly fast, nor is Del Piero for that matter these days. Toni is stronger than Trezeguet and can hold the ball up, not to mention he has a lot more overall skills than Trezeguet. trezeguet is a great goal scorer, but he doesnt add pace or much else for that matter.

as for the relationship, i dont quite understand why dp and toni wouldnt be good. Once again it depends on what DD will play. If we get a playmaker, eg, Ribery, i think along with toni and dp it will work great..in fact it would be something we have missed for a long time. And dont forget dp isnt a spring chicken...we have palladino and are looking at others such as Saviola.

Overall, players like toni, or even klose are good replacements for trezeguet and add more than just goals. but they are quick fixes in the sense that they wont be at their best for another 3 seasons. that would be the only concern.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
:wth:

From the contributions Trezeguet has given us and the glut of goals, I would certainly take one of the most natural finishers in the world over those two. Thank you very much.

I don't care if they add more to the game overall... goals are what win games in this sport and nobody can score goals better than an in-form Trezeguet. Neither Klose nor Toni would have ever scored so many goals for this club. Funny how that is so easily forgotten.
i have long said that i feel trezegol is deadly like ninja he lurk in shadows and pounce for glory goal.

nah seriously i honestly think there is no better finisher in europe than trez. sure i think both klose and toni are excellent players and would score a lot of goals for us, but neither are as lethal as trezegol is, you just need to give the man a whiff of goal and he pounces.
unfortunately it looks as though this will be davids last season with us, which is a pity. it will only be once he leaves and start banging in goals for a new club that many will realise just how good he has ben for us.
as for teh debate about toni or klose, i would go for klose. toni is an excellent player for the last couple of years but klose has been a hella lot more consistent

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Toni-Juve: his agent ‘He has not spoken to anyone’

Tuttosport newspaper reported this morning that Juventus are planning to sell Trezeguet for around 20 million euros, which will be invested on Fiorentina striker Luca Toni. The striker, according to the paper, expressed his availability to the deal: “But you will have to speak to Fiorentina.” The Italian international has no problem facing another season without European Cup football, and confirmed it to Juve representatives when they spoke a couple of weeks ago.

In the afternoon however, Tullio Tinti, Toni’s agent, denied everything to Radio Firenze Viola: “The speculations reported on Tuttosport do not even deserve to be commented. Luca has not spoken to anyone, that I can guarantee. The transfer window has just closed, but newspapers keep writing such gossip. I repeat, Toni has not spoken to anyone at Juventus.”

Calciomercato.com

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
:wth:

From the contributions Trezeguet has given us and the glut of goals, I would certainly take one of the most natural finishers in the world over those two. Thank you very much.

I don't care if they add more to the game overall... goals are what win games in this sport and nobody can score goals better than an in-form Trezeguet. Neither Klose nor Toni would have ever scored so many goals for this club. Funny how that is so easily forgotten.
:agree:

Sep 19, 2006
Luca Luca Luca!!!! The best transfer we could ever make! Perfect,complete player whose style suite completely our way of playing!!! He is so solid & he always score no matter what! !! Forza Lucaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I disagree...Trezeguet isnt exactly fast, nor is Del Piero for that matter these days. Toni is stronger than Trezeguet and can hold the ball up, not to mention he has a lot more overall skills than Trezeguet. trezeguet is a great goal scorer, but he doesnt add pace or much else for that matter.

as for the relationship, i dont quite understand why dp and toni wouldnt be good. Once again it depends on what DD will play. If we get a playmaker, eg, Ribery, i think along with toni and dp it will work great..in fact it would be something we have missed for a long time. And dont forget dp isnt a spring chicken...we have palladino and are looking at others such as Saviola.

Overall, players like toni, or even klose are good replacements for trezeguet and add more than just goals. but they are quick fixes in the sense that they wont be at their best for another 3 seasons. that would be the only concern.
:agree: Completely Agree!

Klose shares the same aerially supremacy as Trezeguet, probably can't place/finish as well as Trez (but nonetheless does it well), but he can definitely dribble better.
Trezeguet doesn't have air supremacy much to everyone's surprise considering his height. Klose is well above Trez in this aspect.

Sep 19, 2006
Come on Toni is 100 times better than Gilardino these days & everybody in Italy knows this!!! as for Klose he is a great player,I didnt like him that much in the past cause I thought he laked any kind of skills,I thought he was just a good finisher.But after last season & the World Cup I understood that he has it ALL!! As much as I love Trezy,I think it is time for new Blood in the finishing area & Toni or Klose,both are the best replacements outhere!!! If our management could get one of these 2 I would be more than satisfied!!

Jan 7, 2007
Come on Toni is 100 times better than Gilardino these days & everybody in Italy knows this!!! as for Klose he is a great player,I didnt like him that much in the past cause I thought he laked any kind of skills,I thought he was just a good finisher.But after last season & the World Cup I understood that he has it ALL!! As much as I love Trezy,I think it is time for new Blood in the finishing area & Toni or Klose,both are the best replacements outhere!!! If our management could get one of these 2 I would be more than satisfied!!
Gilardino is really beginning his career while Toni will be nearing the end of his in a few years. BIG difference.

If I had to choose I would pick Gila, easily. Luca Toni is great & is in his prime right now. But a better long-term option would be Gilardino. Plus, he has already shown great chemistry with DP.

Italia vs. Germany, anyone?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
dealing with milan is like drawing teeth from a lion who is alive.

gilardino would be good, but we'll have to offer them a lot more than we would for toni or klose.

toni and klose and have been more consistent than gilardino over the year also.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
mutu chose juve when he lost his way at chelsea, and we repaid him by benching him and giving him limited playing time, i doubt he'll want juve again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 102)