Luca Toni (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
15 million is too much. Plus we don't know how much he wil ask in wages.

if our supposed budget is 40 million, I'd rather we spend good money to get a few players

8 Million for Klose
10-12 Million for Barzagli / mertesacker OR 5-6 million for Givet/Luisao/
5-8 million for Sissoko/ Muntari/ Mavuba
6-7 million for a Nedved replacement..umm Gapke? Quaresma? Daniel Carvalho?

In all honety if we are going to splash cash on a striker then it should for one who is much younger and is a guaranteed big hit for the future. The only 3 or 4 players that fit this descripion are Anderson, Fred, Huntelaar and Aguero

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Toni would be sweet. Although I would prefer we buy young, I certainly wouldn't be pissed if we got Toni. He is class.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006
he is very good ... as for age i dont think its a problem if we kept paladino and bojinov

but it depends on how much we are going to pay and how much we are going to cash from Trez

compared to trez he is a better team player rather than a clinical finisher

as for the budget i think 40m include 15m for the stadium so its only 25m plus whatever we get for trez (god forbid)

OP
Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #66
    8 million for Klose is extremely optimistic, Klose is going to at least cost a fee of around 20 million euro's.

white_rabbit

Apr 9, 2006

if our supposed budget is 40 million, I'd rather we spend good money to get a few players

8 Million for Klose

In all honety if we are going to splash cash on a striker then it should for one who is much younger and is a guaranteed big hit for the future. The only 3 or 4 players that fit this descripion are Anderson, Fred, Huntelaar and Aguero
    the younger striker will cost at least 25m as were not the only ones running after them. i dont think that the club will spend 40m and if so it will be on two or three players as we already pinned some for free and there will be no place in the team.

and i agree with dominic that Klose is valued at 17-20m

and, i don't like the "nedved replacement" theory. the right way to do it is to find a player with the same quality regardless of the position and change the tactics accordingly. similar to what we did when we "replaced" zidan (central midfielder) with nedved( attaching all around midfielder)

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    8 million for Klose is extremely optimistic, Klose is going to at least cost a fee of around 20 million euro's.
    Ruud left ManU for 11 million, and guess what? he was a profilic goalscorer and a his contract was not expiring. You think any team in it's honest mind would pay 20 million for a player, when they can get im for free in 1 year? he'll cost maximum 10 million. Anything more and it's just robbery.

there is a difference of being valued at a price, and what you can get actually of of your player transfer. Juve probably values Buffon on around 45 to 50 million. Do you think there is any club that will spend that much money on him? I can only think of Chelsea....same thing with Klose. He may be valued at 20 million, but the club knows that unless it's chelsea because no body will spend that much money on a player in his last year of contract

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #69
    Completely different situation. Van Nistelrooy was out of the team and wanted to leave, Manchester wanted to get rid of him in the end. Of course he is going to a a lot cheaper.
    Klose is very wanted and Bremen value him as an important player, they are still in the process even of trying to conving him to sign him a new contract. They won't allow him leaving for peanuts.

Falafel

Shawarma
    Jul 23, 2006

8 Million for Klose

wages won't be a problem(he doesn't earn much)

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    the younger striker will cost at least 25m.

and, i don't like the "nedved replacement" theory. the right way to do it is to find a player with the same quality regardless of the position and change the tactics accordingly. similar to what we did when we "replaced" zidan (central midfielder) with nedved( attaching all around midfielder)
    I agree with you that the younger striker will cost us more, but if we are going to spend 20 million on someone like Toni, me might as well up the bid and get someone who will be part of the squad for the next 6-seasons as opposed to a player who has hit his prime.

I also agree with you on the cnaging tactics accordingly. The players I mentioned are offesnsive based and they do not have to be ued as wingers. They can be put in a 4-3-3 system as forwards.

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Completely different situation. Van Nistelrooy was out of the team and wanted to leave, Manchester wanted to get rid of him in the end. Of course he is going to a a lot cheaper.
    Klose is very wanted and Bremen value him as an important player, they are still in the process even of trying to conving him to sign him a new contract. They won't allow him leaving for peanuts.

Ruud wanted to stay. Fergie wanted him gone. Sure ManU wanted to get rid of him, but they still wanted to make money on him. Klose is very wanted? Who besides us is linked to him constantly? Nobody really. He's a valuable player? yes but he also wants out and that will smooth the transfer for us. Clubs don't like keeping unhappy players because it affects the entire team negatively. As I said He's contract is expiring so it more pressure on Bremen. Sell Him for a reasonable price or lose him for free?

OP
    Dominic

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
  • Thread Starter #74
    This is turning into a yes and no discussion..

So let's just wait and see, but i'm fairly certain Bremen will not sell him to anybody for just 8 million.

Dalton

Apr 6, 2006
    Luca Toni is good player, but I dont like having him in our team because he's slow. I would prefer someone with characters like Samuel Eto'o

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    Luca Toni is good player, but I dont like having him in our team because he's slow. I would prefer someone with characters like Samuel Eto'o
    We could get Eto'o...ust make sure you have 70 million ready to dish out on him

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    we haven't been linked to Drogba yet.
    And I hope that we'll never link to him. Simply, he pissed me off. :angry2:

8 Million for Klose

I feel your enthusiasm, why don't you check my newly born thread, it may suit your ambitions. :)

Check it here. :cool:

Alltagsheld

Oct 10, 2006
    Ruud wanted to stay. Fergie wanted him gone. Sure ManU wanted to get rid of him, but they still wanted to make money on him. Klose is very wanted? Who besides us is linked to him constantly? Nobody really. He's a valuable player? yes but he also wants out and that will smooth the transfer for us. Clubs don't like keeping unhappy players because it affects the entire team negatively. As I said He's contract is expiring so it more pressure on Bremen. Sell Him for a reasonable price or lose him for free?
    One thing: Klose did not say that he wants out. He likes to move abroad but neither has he said when nor that he does not feel well in Bremen anymore. It is quite possible that he expires his contract. Everything is possible at the moment.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
    One thing: Klose did not say that he wants out. He likes to move abroad but neither has he said when nor that he does not feel well in Bremen anymore. It is quite possible that he expires his contract. Everything is possible at the moment.
    Another thing: He also said that he'd sacrifice to play in the Champions League in favour of joining Juventus.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)