Luca Pellegrini (20 Viewers)

Jun 16, 2020
I tried to follow Pellegrini as much as possible. Obviously I don’t see every Cagliari game. He had a assist yesterday against Verona. He’s been doing okay, but far from ready to be our first leftback. As a backup for Sandro I’d like to keep him. He needs to grow defensively and his positioning is at times far from great. I like him while attacking, good crosser and a dynamic player. Perhaps he’s lacking concentration or maturity.

Cagliari in general is having a season with ups and downs. They started almost perfect and after a while they lost their form and they had some bad results for a while. They ended up sacking their manager. With Rolando Maran they used to play 4312 and now with Zenga it’s 352 if I’m not mistaken. For me Joao Pedro and Nainggolan are the most important players of Cagliari.

By the way at the U20 World Cup last year Pellegrini played as a CM and he had some nice games. Luca Ranieri (Fiorentina) was the wingback for Italy during that tournament.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Apr 17, 2013
@U Picciriddu thanks for your feedback. From the little that I saw him, I like his determination and his aggressiveness.We need to keep him, and to loan him at least another year in a stronger club who plays the europa league

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@U Picciriddu thanks for your feedback. From the little that I saw him, I like his determination and his aggressiveness.We need to keep him, and to loan him at least another year in a stronger club who plays the europa league
lol there we go loaning players again when we need them

let's loan Kulu too another year, say, at Atalanta.

- - - Updated - - -

I tried to follow Pellegrini as much as possible. Obviously I don’t see every Cagliari game. He had a assist yesterday against Verona. He’s been doing okay, but far from ready to be our first leftback. As a backup for Sandro I’d like to keep him. He needs to grow defensively and his positioning is at times far from great. I like him while attacking, good crosser and a dynamic player. Perhaps he’s lacking concentration or maturity.

Cagliari in general is having a season with ups and downs. They started almost perfect and after a while they lost their form and they had some bad results for a while. They ended up sacking their manager. With Rolando Maran they used to play 4312 and now with Zenga it’s 352 if I’m not mistaken. For me Joao Pedro and Nainggolan are the most important players of Cagliari.

By the way at the U20 World Cup last year Pellegrini played as a CM and he had some nice games. Luca Ranieri (Fiorentina) was the wingback for Italy during that tournament.
lol.JPG

Apr 17, 2013
lol there we go loaning players again when we need them

let's loan Kulu too another year, say, at Atalanta.
At his age he needs to play. May be too careful, but don't want to jump the gun because I believe in this kid.
You suggest to bring him back to the club this summer, to leave him on the bench to dapt to a top club and then in a year to make him a progressive starter. I'm not opposed if he confirms that he has broad shoulders and the potential to be a starter at Juve. However like said @U Picciridd he still has a lot of ups and downs. Will staying on the bench for a year allow him to improve?

Anyway, Sandro will soon be 30 years old, and at his post the physical is important, it will be necessary for fc plusvalenza to think about it if he begins to decline,the club have to seize the opportunity to sell him, he still has a good value on the market. Trust on tootsie to make the best choice

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
At his age he needs to play. May be too careful, but don't want to jump the gun because I believe in this kid.
You suggest to bring him back to the club this summer, to leave him on the bench to dapt to a top club and then in a year to make him a progressive starter. I'm not opposed if he confirms that he has broad shoulders and the potential to be a starter at Juve. However like said @U Picciridd he still has a lot of ups and downs.

Anyway, Sandro will soon be 30 years old, and at his post the physical is important, it will be necessary for fc plusvalenza to think about it if he begins to decline,the club have to seize the opportunity to sell him, he still has a good value on the market. Trust on tootsie to make the best choice
Have you seen our injury issues? Trust me, than boy will play :grin:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I hope it's exceptional, 3 players who have knee problems the same year.
Sandro in 5 years has missed only 13 games because of injuries, less than 3 games per year, that doesn't give much playing time for the substitutes.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/alex-sandro/verletzungen/spieler/79960
Let's hope this minor knee injury he has doesn't relapse or rushed to the point that it leads to something more severe and long term.

- - - Updated - - -

But let me ask you this. Sandro is still relatively young. Even after another year of playing on loan, he still would come back to a situation that would lead him to not get much playing time. Are you suggesting we sell Sandro then because the guy would walk into the same situation a year or two from now.

Apr 17, 2013
Let's hope this minor knee injury he has doesn't relapse or rushed to the point that it leads to something more severe and long term.

- - - Updated - - -

But let me ask you this. Sandro is still relatively young. Even after another year of playing on loan, he still would come back to a situation that would lead him to not get much playing time. Are you suggesting we sell Sandro then because the guy would walk into the same situation a year or two from now.
There have always been rumors of Sandro to Chelsea or Manchester. Soon 30 years, depending on his physical condition and the evolution of pelligrini, maybe the club can imagine selling sandro to make a profit, (when he is 31 or 32 it may be too late), and to bet in the long term on Pelligrini who returns from a new successful loan.

Jun 16, 2020
No, I’d say keep him with the team next year. If we loan him out we need to buy a back-up for Sandro. Such a waste of money. Sandro looked gassed out on many occasions because he plays to much. Enough time for Pellegrini.

To have a 29 and a 21 year old for the same position is great. I remember Allegri always being very careful with bringing new players, he did the same with Sandro. They need some time to adapt mentally to this environment. The circumstances are prefect; Pellegrini can slowly grow into this team without much pressure.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
No, I’d say keep him with the team next year. If we loan him out we need to buy a back-up for Sandro. Such a waste of money. Sandro looked gassed out on many occasions because he plays to much. Enough time for Pellegrini.

To have a 29 and a 21 year old for the same position is great. I remember Allegri always being very careful with bringing new players, he did the same with Sandro. They need some time to adapt mentally to this environment. The circumstances are prefect; Pellegrini can slowly grow into this team without much pressure.
Agreed.

Jun 16, 2020
Just got substituted after 77 minutes vs Bologna. Only saw the second half, not very convincing. He’s suspended for the next match vs Atalanta. Probably picked up a injury today.

Commentator at Sky said he had a great game defensively, as said I only saw the second half so hopefully he was right.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Do the simple. Find another guy to serve as plusvalenza. Forget about Sandro. Keep him, get Pellegrini back.

We´re good. Actually do the same on the RB. Cuadrado got old, Danilo makes too much... they are not plusfavelza potential. Just keep them.

As CBs, just need to replace our Rugani Friend, perhaps for a cheap-experienced-32 yr old nojoe. And ride with it.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pellegrini returns to Juve
By Football Italia staff

Luca Pellegrini returns to Juventus after a season on loan at Cagliari and could get an opportunity to stay at the Allianz Stadium, should Mattia De Sciglio move.
The 21-year-old has played 24 times in Serie A for Cagliari this season and has contributed six assists from his left-back position.
Pellegrini was signed for €22m from Roma last summer and immediately loaned out to the Sardinians, where he had already spent six months from January 2019.
The young defender’s future at Juventus depends on De Sciglio, who was linked with Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona in May.
Tuttomercatoweb claims De Sciglio staying in Turin, would mean another loan deal for Pellegrini next season.

@Bianconero81 :sergio:

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
By Football Italia staff
EPA.png

Luca Pellegrini returns to Juventus after a season on loan at Cagliari and could get an opportunity to stay at the Allianz Stadium, should Mattia De Sciglio move.
The 21-year-old has played 24 times in Serie A for Cagliari this season and has contributed six assists from his left-back position.
Pellegrini was signed for €22m from Roma last summer and immediately loaned out to the Sardinians, where he had already spent six months from January 2019.
The young defender’s future at Juventus depends on De Sciglio, who was linked with Paris Saint-Germain and Barcelona in May.
Tuttomercatoweb claims De Sciglio staying in Turin, would mean another loan deal for Pellegrini next season.

Yeah, it kinda makes sense though, we won't be bringing any fullbacks before getting rid of some first, and when the first you want to offload is named DeSciglio is unfortunately not that easy to find a buyer willing to at least match his salary from here, especially given the fact that he is more or less best suited for mid-table to relegation teams which obviously can't realistically afford blowing over 2/3m salary on a mediocre aswell as injury-prone fullback.

Hopefully we manage to at least loan him out with an option somewhere for the sake of it because us actually having a decent back-up LB for next season is a must.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
By Football Italia staff
EPA.png

6, that’s more assists than De Sciglio’s big fat ZERO. Actually it’s more than him and our lolzilian brothers at full back all put together.

Bring him back.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)