Luca Marrone (4 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You can expect that, considering it is average rating, PDC has played few games, and Llorente's bad start. Barzagli being 10th you can't expect, clearly their rating criteria doesn't include 'quiet assassin'.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
:lol: What the fuck?

I'm sure most members will disagree.
Most members are idiots who believe in delusional things like flair and fancy over all, so i'm sure they will.

Marrone doesnt offer enough offence to warrant the defensive risk he poses, and lack of true defensive posture
Padoin, is very limited, but very reliable, and much better defensively

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
Most members are idiots who believe in delusional things like flair and fancy over all, so i'm sure they will.

Marrone doesnt offer enough offence to warrant the defensive risk he poses, and lack of true defensive posture
Padoin, is very limited, but very reliable, and much better defensively
I'm sure Marrone would do just fine against weak opposition, while Padoin will still offer nothing in attack against shit teams.

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
I've got lots of sympathy towards Luca. He seems a humble guy with love for the club.

Comparing him to Padoin is useless. My eyes hurt everytime I see Simone on the pitch. Marrone is stronger, has better shot, quite nice passing and defensive skills. What's more, he can still develop.

I think he'll have his place at the club as a squad player. Maybe something more, who knows.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The chance a 21yr guy improves his defensive set is higher than a 29yr old who has to learn talent.
That's why he left to play games, it would be a waste of his career to play the amount of games (even less, as he is less versatile) that Padoin does. Which is why we have experienced squad fillers, not just because of experience, but because they know their role and talent ceiling.

I constantly read how we should replace these experienced players with the kids that we have, but it's just no good for them to play 6-10 games a season. Marrone was stagnating.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
That's why he left to play games, it would be a waste of his career to play the amount of games (even less, as he is less versatile) that Padoin does. Which is why we have experienced squad fillers, not just because of experience, but because they know their role and talent ceiling.

I constantly read how we should replace these experienced players with the kids that we have, but it's just no good for them to play 6-10 games a season. Marrone was stagnating.
His experience with Juve last season was very important for his progression imo. Ideally, the youngsters get to learn their game by playing around top players first and then go on to apply those skills at a smaller club and gain experience. From that perspective Marrone is ahead of ex-italian youth level midfielder like Cigarini, Poli, Candreva or even ex-Juve youth like Ekdal.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I prefer Marrone to Padoin anywhere across the pitch. A 23 year old youth product with potential for improvement vs an incredibly meh/average 29 year old journeyman. It isn't a particularly difficult choice to make.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)