Luca Marrone (8 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Training is important but so are friendlies. Otherwise clubs wouldn't play them to avoid injury risks. It's more to it than just fitness. I believe individual performances are also looked into. You can't seriously claim that that coaches neglect this aspect.
It's only the last few friendlies before pre-season that I think a coach is really likely to take into account when judging a player.

The friendlies Juve have played so far are really just about fitness.

As things progress through pre-season and everyone has reached a good level of fitness, then the players' performances start to matter.

I'd say Juve are probably just around that point in pre-season where they are starting to look for players to perform and implement whatever Conte is asking them to do.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i think the everton game was a test to see how the defenders would do without a leader (barzagli, buffon pirlo).

i'd say ogbonna did very well, licht decent, and peluso bad (he needs lwb, not lcb)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's only the last few friendlies before pre-season that I think a coach is really likely to take into account when judging a player.

The friendlies Juve have played so far are really just about fitness.

As things progress through pre-season and everyone has reached a good level of fitness, then the players' performances start to matter.

I'd say Juve are probably just around that point in pre-season where they are starting to look for players to perform and implement whatever Conte is asking them to do.
I would say last night friendly was not just about fitness. Players looked in shape and didn't look dead tired like week before. We can evaluate their performances from last night and in the games to come.

I agree with you that prior to last night's game Tim cup or games against amateur sides were mostly for reaching the optimal fitness level. That said I don't believe any aspect of preseason is neglected by the coach. Knowing Conte and his work I believe he analyzes everything thoroughly.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I would say last night friendly was not just about fitness. Payers looked in shape and didn't look dead tired like week before. We can valuate their performances from last night and in the games to come.

I agree with you that prior to last night's game Tim cup or games against amateur sides were mostly for reaching the optimal fitness level. That said I don't believe any aspect of preseason is neglected by the coach.
Storari did decent.
licht not convincing as cb
ogbonna, without leaders, managed excellent against the fat guy
peluso, a disaster cb, pretty diffrent as lwb/lb
marrone, disgustingly bad
asamoah, played MUCH better once pirlo got on, scored when on the wing.
vidal, himself
isla, not convincing
de ceglie, himself
tevez, not convincing untill he dropped off and was all over the place, domminating the poor everton defence
lllorente, still finding his place, some promising combinations, but pâssed it off to much. should try more himself
vucinic, very eager. willing to fight for his place
pirlo, not interested at all, and high as fuck, yet completely changed the game once he replaced marrone
padoin, decent, better then isla overall imo
matri, eager, willing to fight to keep backup

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
First time posting in here, not a fan of Marrone to be honest. Any time I have seen him play I've been completely underwhelmed. People overrate him far too much on here imo. If a good offer comes in, I say we sell and don't look back. Just because he's a Juventus youth product doesn't mean we're obliged to hold onto him forever for sentimental reasons.

You hear that DJ Paolo??

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
First time posting in here, not a fan of Marrone to be honest. Any time I have seen him play I've been completely underwhelmed. People overrate him far too much on here imo. If a good offer comes in, I say we sell and don't look back. Just because he's a Juventus youth product doesn't mean we're obliged to hold onto him forever for sentimental reasons.

You hear that DJ Paolo??
Absolutely right

I think, for the sake of sentiment, just replace with that fausto rossi guy

Pablo

Jul 9, 2010
Marrone linked with us. We asked for a loan, you want to sell.

From what I saw of him last season, looks a good player, maybe just what we need.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Everton in talks for Marrone?
By Football Italia staff

Reports in the British Press have claimed that Everton are targeting Juventus midfielder Luca Marrone.

The Sun believe that Roberto Martinez has highlighted the Bianconeri man as the ideal replacement for Marouane Fellaini.

The Belgium is reportedly on his way to Manchester United, reuniting with former Coach David Moyes at Old Trafford.
And the tabloid has insisted that the Toffees are already in talks with the Old Lady over a potential move for the 23-year-old.

Marrone was used sparingly by Antonio Conte last term, playing in just 10 League games.

Play the world's most challenging fantasy football game by selecting players from Europe's top five leagues and competing for prizes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)