Luca Marrone (7 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's almost as if these kickabouts are organised to build up match fitness!

Glad the conclusions are rolling in as always though, congrats tuz on never learning.
No doubt about it. Those are mostly to regain fitness but if we have learned something it's that preseason games can be used to a certain degree in valuation of individual performances. I've seen before players who because of lousy preseason finished on the bench.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Yeh, let the guy be.... he really started trianing not so long ago. If better for him and for us to have this kind of performances now, to shake the dust!

:D

May 22, 2007
Yes. Both him and Almiron. I remember Tiago barely played first 2-3 moths.
Almiron started the first 3 games in Serie a.

He was paid 15m and was expected to start. He didn't hit it off in preseason and you know the rest.
It's more likely Ranieri didn't like what he saw in training, and Tiago was barely in shape in the 3 years he spent at Juve.

Marrone had good performances in pre season games last year though, didn't work out at all.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It's more likely Ranieri didn't like what he saw in training, and Tiago was barely in shape in the 3 years he spent at Juve.

Marrone had good performances in pre season games last year though, didn't work out at all.
Yes and that was in preseason. We played games as well and he was starter in most of them that summer but since he underperformed in every one of them when the season started he was benched. I don't remember him playing at all in the first 6-7 rounds. Preseason counts to some degree.

Last year we bought other half of Masi because of good preseason. There were other examples as well.

Del Neri never found place for Diego in 442 during the preseason. He tried to play him as SS but Diego couldn't adapt there. He was sold at the end of August iirc.

Preseason is more than just for regaining the optimum fitness level.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
yes is very important, because in preseaosn u can mor or less have a limpse of what can work and what dont. If you have a positive result in pre season... is logical that this will most likely work in the real deal... the same applis otherwise.

Pre season is very important. Otherwise, coaches would be most likely playing guessing games in the first official matches.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
it still doesnt change the fact he needs to go on a loan or co-own

he has no place as a defender with ogbonna and peluso here.

he has no place as a mid either. pogba is first choice as pirlo's sub and as both marchisio and vidal's subs. and i would play padion, pepe and asamoah in place of vidal and marchiso all day before picking marrone.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Juventino★★★;4256909 said:
Diego was the best player in pre season before he was sold :D

the friendlies are more about fitness than a performance
Nope, he couldn't fit in 442. Del Neri tried to play him as SS but Diego failed to adapt there. Fitness is more important but don't neglect performances especially individual ones.

May 22, 2007
Yes and that was in preseason. We played games as well and he was starter in most of them that summer but since he underperformed in every one of them when the season started he was benched. I don't remember him playing at all in the first 6-7 rounds. Preseason counts to some degree.
Tiago had a few bench appearances in the first few rounds, but I was only talking about the friendly matches (look at City-Milan for example) and not training being unimportant.

Del Neri never found place for Diego in 442 during the preseason. He tried to play him as SS but Diego couldn't adapt there. He was sold at the end of August iirc.

Preseason is more than just for regaining the optimum fitness level.
Delneri said in an interview around August time that Diego-Trezeguet were his best pairing. Marotta's plan for Juventus was to sell any first team players that Secco brought in and build on what scraps the Moggi era had left, Diego had no chance when a good offer came in.

Nov 1, 2002
Nope, he couldn't fit in 442. Del Neri tried to play him as SS but Diego failed to adapt there. Fitness is more important but don't neglect performances especially individual ones.
well, i remember Del Neri asking the board to not sell him.. because he was good in the pre season.

in tournament with Real Madrid we took it seriously and were the best team but finished 7th in the league, and in the last 2 years pre seasons we were average and won 2 scudetti. the small teams are hungrier in the the friendlies specially when facing top teams because for them its the best way to show what they are capable of... but the top team usually dont take a risk and specially for the teams that are stable and reinforced an already a winning team.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Tiago had a few bench appearances in the first few rounds, but I was only talking about the friendly matches (look at City-Milan for example) and not training being unimportant.
Training is important but so are friendlies. Otherwise clubs wouldn't play them to avoid injury risks. It's more to it than just fitness. I believe individual performances are also looked into. You can't seriously claim that that coaches neglect this aspect.
Delneri said in an interview around August time that Diego-Trezeguet were his best pairing. Marotta's plan for Juventus was to sell any first team players that Secco brought in and build on what scraps the Moggi era had left, Diego had no chance when a good offer came in.
I would take coaches words with a pinch of salt. He could have said that to boost his morale. Diego never adapted there. Everyone could see that.

- - - Updated - - -

Juventino★★★;4256931 said:
well, i remember Del Neri asking the board to not sell him.. because he was good in the pre season.

in tournament with Real Madrid we took it seriously and were the best team but finished 7th in the league, and in the last 2 years pre seasons we were average and won 2 scudetti. the small teams are hungrier in the the friendlies specially when facing top teams because for them its the best way to show what they are capable of... but the top team usually dont take a risk and specially for the teams that are stable and reinforced an already a winning team.
I know and no one is saying friendlies are decisive factor but I wouldn't completely neglect their importance. They have their use apart from fitness. Juventus could play couple of 90 minute games with their youth team in that case. Coaches look into everything.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
it still doesnt change the fact he needs to go on a loan or co-own

he has no place as a defender with ogbonna and peluso here.

he has no place as a mid either. pogba is first choice as pirlo's sub and as both marchisio and vidal's subs. and i would play padion, pepe and asamoah in place of vidal and marchiso all day before picking marrone.
Thats what i said at the beggining of last season. That heneded to go on loan.

Now, depends on what conte has planned for him.... because that last season fiasco of using him as regista of defence was shid.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)