LOTR/ROTK - extended version DVD (1 Viewer)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Saruman's death scene was absolutely abysmal imo, I was really looking forward to that more than anything and.. what disappointment!

Sep 14, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
Saruman's death scene was absolutely abysmal imo, I was really looking forward to that more than anything and.. what disappointment!
True, completely different from the book, apart from it's the same person who kills him. I was disappointed with Houses of Healing too, too brief considering it's a 4 hour film. It's still a great film though and the picture a sound quality is magnificent.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
no.. no.. I already ordered it.. and it's being shipped...

did it show the fight between the hobbits and sharky (saruman) and his men..??

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
what about the houses of healings..?? the funeral of theoden..?? Gandalf's debate with saruman..? and breaking his staff..?? and....

ok.. what did they extend exactly...????

Sep 14, 2003
There is no funeral for Theoden. Houses of Healing is in but rather brief. Gandalf does debate with Saruman and break his staff. There's too much to list of what is extra, I might do it a little later, I don't have time right now ;)

OP
Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #15
    My major problems with the exteded DVD are....

If you don't want to waste the experience turn off now viewers...

One:- When Gandalf meets the Witch King as he rushes to save Faramir; I mean, JJEEZZzzzzz...can someone explain to me how Gandalf can possibly be so week that he is reduced to quivering on his knees as the Witch King easliy overpowers him, breaking his staff and transfixing him with his voice - the coup de grace only a blink away. I mean com'on Guys. Aragorn sent the Witch King and three, four of his goons packing on Weathertop with nothing more than a burning ember and an old rusty sword, but this Witch King dude can humble the reborn Ishatari in three seconds flat...utter tosh. We all know what happens in the book, and that's the way I like it...period

Two:- Aragorn beheads the mouth of Sauron under a flag of truce? WHAT!
    One thing that is a constant thro'out TLOTR is that no matter what Sauron throws at the good guys, they remain unwaveringly bound to their code of chivalry. By beheading the mouth, Aragorn looses dignity and honour. But no, Jackson knows better, and decides to bring Aragorn down into the gutter.

Three:- I'll keep the rest for another time
    :fero:

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
    I feel u Rover.. I saw last week..

for one thing, these extended editions should be more of a condolence for those who read the books.. but, PJ decided to create his own themes.. I was like (what da..?? :wth: ) when I saw the scene where Gandalf meets the witch Kng of Angmar.. what was that all about.. what did it add to the movie.. why this scene was made in the first place..??!!? Aragorn killing the mouth of Sauron..?? that is a disgrace..!!! PJ should know that..

the arguement with saruman was very breif.. there should have been some importance given to Saruman and his "Voice".. how manipulting he can be.. but, well..

Aug 27, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

for one thing, these extended editions should be more of a condolence for those who read the books.. but, PJ decided to create his own themes.. I was like (what da..?? :wth: ) when I saw the scene where Gandalf meets the witch Kng of Angmar.. what was that all about.. what did it add to the movie.. why this scene was made in the first place..??!!? Aragorn killing the mouth of Sauron..?? that is a disgrace..!!! PJ should know that..

the arguement with saruman was very breif.. there should have been some importance given to Saruman and his "Voice".. how manipulting he can be.. but, well..
    Gandalf did u get the extended Dvd from the U.A.E by any chance?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
    Oct 27, 2004
    I have this DVD ;) havent seen it yet though. I must do it a day when I have time and no school-work to do :(

OP
    Roverbhoy

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    ++ [ originally posted by Gandalf ] ++

It seems you and I are of a similar mind here man:D

If he ever gets round to the Hobbit (which I hope he does) he must stay true to the book as far as possible:cool:

Overall, I think the films have been super, a real tribute to the vision of JRRT, but could have been even more of a triumph if they'd just stayed closer to the books...not a lot to ask IMHO...what about you Gandalf?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)