Lorenzo Stovini (Lecce) (1 Viewer)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
You may have not even heard of him but look at some stats I found on him:

I watched him play this year and I think he's a good defender and could be a great backup and even a starter with us if we can't get the BIG names we hear every day.

I wanted to bring a fresh name to the table instead of talking about mexès, samuel and cie....

Stovini, Cribari, Kroldrup and Natali are interesting player IMO

Name: Lorenzo Stovini
Born: 11/24/1976
Team: Lecce
Foot: Left
Position: LCB
Height: 186cm
Weight: 80kg
Number: 21

Here are the stats that impressed me:

2004 Serie A leaders in headers:

1. STOVINI 462
2. Tare 405
3. Natali 368
8. Ferrari 317
9. Cribari 302

2004 Serie A leaders in balls won:

1. STOVINI 926
2. Natali 807
3. Dainelli 782
4. Ferrari 764
8. Kroldrup 657
9. Cribari 651

Has you can see, Stovini is 1st in these categories and by a large margin. He's also fast.

We need a defender that's good in the air and can win balls. He's that guy.

Anyway, it was just a tought.
:D

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    At least he wins balls. Legrottaglie, Iuliano and cie lose them. I've seen him play and he's good.

I'm bringing something new here. I'm sick of talking about Mexès, Ferrari and the rest of them since January.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Stats sound good, but he reminds me too much of Legrottaglie. Now Kroldrup on the other hand, he is good. For my sqaud on FIFA 2004, I bought him as a backup for Thuram in the 2004-2005 season, and he does well with Mexes and Ferrari on the back line. They all were good buys, as I had the lowest goals against totals in the league, 12 below Milan with 15 goals against! I also was second behind Roma in scoring with 71 goals. Damn, I am good at that game. Only if that would work out in reality for Juve next season.

OP

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    wouldnt that be nice. any news about juve scouts watching this guy
    No, but Moggi always buys a guy we never hear in the rumor mill. Anyway I hope it's a superstar that was not linked with us but who's left? :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Those stats are impressive, but I'd prefer to watch him in a game before I make a judgement on him.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
    another world beater...yeah, lefts buy him and miss out on the good players abroad like usual:down:
    Oh you are crying cause the name aint big enough for you?!!! :(, maybe you should be a fan of Real Madrid or Chelsea since they have big name players and thats obviously more important for you than the team!?

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++

Oh you are crying cause the name aint big enough for you?!!! :(, maybe you should be a fan of Real Madrid or Chelsea since they have big name players and thats obviously more important for you than the team!?
    I think you missunderstood something! I also don't want somebody, who had one good season, like Legrottaglie! This guy hasn't prooved anything till now! He would be the same case like Legro! I want a prooven defender, like Mexes, Ferrari,..........

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    Mexes aint proven at all. And if that is the attidtude you either need a Abramovich to have the money for your big name players or you just have to stop buying cause its allways a risk. Just because Legro never got good doesnt mean other will be the same, and its all Lippi's fault anyhow!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by delpiero10 ] ++
    Mexes aint proven at all. And if that is the attidtude you either need a Abramovich to have the money for your big name players or you just have to stop buying cause its allways a risk. Just because Legro never got good doesnt mean other will be the same, and its all Lippi's fault anyhow!
    Mexes ain't proven?????
    Thats why he is only 22 years old, already played two-three great seasons in France and even won the championship! He is a regular in the neational team and since two years, ManU, Liverpool, Milan and Juventus are following him. Moggi once said, that he will be one of the best in a few years.....
    If thats not proven, tell me what it is??????
    About the money and the four top-players. I would buy 3 defenders in summer:
    Trabelsi
    Mexes
    Bonera

Now, Trabelsi would come for free, as he will be a free-agent. He even told Ajax, that he will sue them, if they will charge any fee for him.
    Mexes has a buy-out clause, so we would have to pay only £3 million.
    Bonera would come cheap, as Parma have financial difficulties and they have a great friendship with Juve.
    So, I am not asking for millions or for Roberto Carlos or Nesta. I think, and maybe some will agree, that this would be enough to reinforce our defense.
    My point is, that everyone of the above players is better than Stovini. And if some don't agree with Bonera--> He would be a sub IMO.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++

Mexes ain't proven?????
    Thats why he is only 22 years old, already played two-three great seasons in France and even won the championship! He is a regular in the neational team and since two years, ManU, Liverpool, Milan and Juventus are following him. Moggi once said, that he will be one of the best in a few years.....
    If thats not proven, tell me what it is??????
    Hey he is only 22 years old, and he playes in FRANCE!, that does not prove a thing that he will be good for Juve!, but i personally porbably think he will cause he is good. But he aint more proven than Stovini which is older/more experienced in Serie A.
    Anyhow, this does is a stupid discussion cause both Stovini and Mexes are great, and a think they both would be great for Juve too, because im not the type who doesnt want to buy players because im afraid for them to be like Legro, like some of you people has been scared off!. And as if big name players are guarantied to be a succes!?

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    big name players give you alot more reassurance that they will come good,and true class acts will eventually become what they were meant to be:great.i don't know about stovini but mexes is class,and class is permanent.

playing in france doesn't mean a thing.the fact that he was born and forced to start his career there means nothing either.if playing in the french ligue means he ain't as good as a serie a prospect then we might as well give up on van der vaart,rosicky and ibrahimovic.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
    I think you people have to calm down a bit about Mexes, he aint a class player until he has proved it in a big team and league. Im not saying he wont be good, because im sure he will, but just dont make him to a big hype.

xNeo

Feb 10, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andrea Becchi ] ++
    Stats sound good, but he reminds me too much of Legrottaglie. Now Kroldrup on the other hand, he is good. For my sqaud on FIFA 2004, I bought him as a backup for Thuram in the 2004-2005 season, and he does well with Mexes and Ferrari on the back line. They all were good buys, as I had the lowest goals against totals in the league, 12 below Milan with 15 goals against! I also was second behind Roma in scoring with 71 goals. Damn, I am good at that game. Only if that would work out in reality for Juve next season.
    Anyone can be good in the 'Fifa game'. And you got out scored by Roma; I thought you said you were good? I don't play the computer anymore because its to easy, I averaged 15 goals a game and let up less than 1 a game in world class mode. If you want to talk about good in Fifa, Buffon is impossible to score on, and Nedved, Davids, Del Piero, and Trez can score at will. I want to play you, my screen name is BOSTONjuve if you play online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)