Lorenzo Ariaudo (5 Viewers)

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
That's just unexplainable unless the fee is big or we are planning to sign 2 center-backs in the next two-three transfer windows. Before going on like Fuck Bettega, Secco and whole world I'd like to hear how much Cagliari has to pay for him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Why do you people are making a big fuss out of this? Ariaudo is definitely a talented youngster but he isn't that important. This move is good considering Cagilari is a good team and they were following him from the start. he'll get a chance to shine there.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Why do you people are making a big fuss out of this? Ariaudo is definitely a talented youngster but he isn't that important. This move is good considering Cagilari is a good team and they were following him from the start. he'll get a chance to shine there.
The problem is that it's a loan deal with the option to buy, for a price that's probably not that high. Our only CBs now are Cannavaro, Legrottaglie and Chiellini, and you know how much our players love to get injured.

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I sure hope this means we've got a CB lined up. Otherwise it's a bit bold to leave us with Cannavaro, Chiellini and Legro, all with a tendency to miss a streak of games every now and then.
I'd try Caceres in the centre, since that is his natural position, and I have a hard time seeing him worse than what Legro has been this season.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008
But give them the right to buy with exact amount of fee is ridiculous know that Ariaudo is a talented player.. Another master piece (of shit) from Secco

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
But honestly, what you're all practicing here is selective remembrance. Ariaudo was quite shaky a lot of the times he played under Ranieri. Add to that the fact that he's been nowhere near the field since a very long time, and it might just be that none of you actually know much about the quality of this player.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
But honestly, what you're all practicing here is selective remembrance. Ariaudo was quite shaky a lot of the times he played under Ranieri. Add to that the fact that he's been nowhere near the field since a very long time, and it might just be that none of you actually know much about the quality of this player.
:tup:

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Just a question:

Since the deal is a loan with an option to buy, can we somehow reject their offer if they opt to sign him permanently?

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
:lol: My god, what are they thinking? Last time we gave away a defender like that he ended up being the best LB in the league(Criscito) and now...

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I think most of us, atleast I am, are mainly against this simply because we don't have that many great CBs to start with. Next to Chiellini you have 1 really old, but good defender and a also pretty old, rather crappy one.

They all like to get injured, in which case we'll have to change stuff around even more by playing Cáceres in the middle, and Grygera on the right. Atleast Ariaudo will be somewhat accustomed to playing with the other CBs, we have absolutely no idea how Cáceres would do, since his positioning isn't his strong point.

I'm just saying I'd rather not experiment with Cáceres right now, since he's improving on that RB position and doing alright, mainly going forward. Grygera doesn't offer that so much.

It's like fixing one position and making the next our main problem, and we don't even know if that fix will work. Him and Chiellini make a strong and pretty fast duo, but I think I'd be scared with those 2 CBs right now..

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
I think most of us, atleast I am, are mainly against this simply because we don't have that many great CBs to start with. Next to Chiellini you have 1 really old, but good defender and a also pretty old, rather crappy one.

They all like to get injured, in which case we'll have to change stuff around even more by playing Cáceres in the middle, and Grygera on the right. Atleast Ariaudo will be somewhat accustomed to playing with the other CBs, we have absolutely no idea how Cáceres would do, since his positioning isn't his strong point.

I'm just saying I'd rather not experiment with Cáceres right now, since he's improving on that RB position and doing alright, mainly going forward. Grygera doesn't offer that so much.

It's like fixing one position and making the next our main problem, and we don't even know if that fix will work. Him and Chiellini make a strong and pretty fast duo, but I think I'd be scared with those 2 CBs right now..
Caceres is only used as a right back because Ciro has zero trust for Grygera (one thing that Ciro has over Ranieri so far), and because Zebina's status is what it is. We must give Caceres a shot at CB before the loan ends, because we're not paying 11 million Euros or whatever it is for what he offers at RB.

And "changing things around" doesn't sound too bad to me given the way things are going. And it's not exactly a problem for Caceres since his natural position is indeed centre back.

I agree with you though that getting rid of Ariaudo makes us look quite thin whatever the case if we don't have anyone lined up. That's why I think we do, be it a RB or a CB.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
could be an option, but i donno if caceres is better as a cb than a rb because we all loved his running with the ball and his implication in the offensive part than his skills as a defender. Imo we should not count so much on caceres, he can help us this season because it's already over anyways and for the next year we gotta get ourself some good package of defensive players...not old dogs, not uruguayan rejects from barca.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Caceres is only used as a right back because Ciro has zero trust for Grygera (one thing that Ciro has over Ranieri so far), and because Zebina's status is what it is. We must give Caceres a shot at CB before the loan ends, because we're not paying 11 million Euros or whatever it is for what he offers at RB.

And "changing things around" doesn't sound too bad to me given the way things are going. And it's not exactly a problem for Caceres since his natural position is indeed centre back.

I agree with you though that getting rid of Ariaudo makes us look quite thin whatever the case if we don't have anyone lined up. That's why I think we do, be it a RB or a CB.
Well, I was assuming there is nobody coming in in January. If there is, it better be a RB if we want to give Cáceres a go as CB, because otherwise it seems like we want Cáceres for RB. If we buy a CB now, he's sure to stay on the full-back position. It would make sense to bring in a 'proper' RB and give Cáceres a go at CB in the second half of the season.

About the "changing things around", again that was assuming we don't bring anyone in. Also I wouldn't trust Cáceres+Chiellini to keep the defence organized, although it's time Chiellini takes that role, instead of Canna.

I see what you mean though, it's not like Cannavaro or Legro will get any younger or better, so giving Cáceres a go at CB sounds fair, but only if we get someone better for the RB position that leaves open.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Couldnt said it better :tup: . I like him to get a chance, but this a perfect case of projecting, option to buy isnt good sign, but that they are actually talking about him like he some clear quality players its just too weird to read, his senior footie career is virtually 3-4 games, without standing out or so but being decent, totally unproven, seems like more talk of what they want him to become then what he is right now, a young unproven player who needs playing time, and which the club dont rate that highly obviously.

Its another thing to talk about our CB options though, we need depth, even if Ariaudo hasnt added depth this season in that he hasnt played a single second, there is allways the what if scenarios that can get us in the shit, so extra defender would be needed, rather thin otherwise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)