Lockerbie bomber released (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2004
Hi Vinman...the US has a law against assasinating the heads of state of sovereign nations unless under war time conditions. They are not to be considered legit targets...this was therefore against the laws of your contry as well as intenational laws.

I haven't been here regularly for a while...are you the US cop guy? If yes, what would the legal position be in your part of the US if someone died a horrble, violent, death as a result of an act that was illegal?
As opposed to a legal act that caused a horrible, violent death?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
http://edition.cnn.com/2002/LAW/11/04/us.assassination.policy/

In a section of the order labeled "Restrictions on Intelligence Activities," Ford outlawed political assassination: Section 5(g), entitled "Prohibition on Assassination," states: "No employee of the United States Government shall engage in, or conspire to engage in, political assassination."

The pilots were employees of the US government.
Attempts were recently made to get round this by using Blackwater to do the dirty work...after millions spent...they managed to kill....no-one"

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
ßüякε;2118521 said:
As opposed to a legal act that caused a horrible, violent death?
Vinman may come from the likes of Texas...where horrible, violent deaths are legal...they're called carrying out the death penalty

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
In my view, I think it's hypocritical for Americans (other than the families involved with the incident) to be pissed about the deal that was made. I should know -- I'm an American.

Pot... kettle... black, I say.

Who does understand America or the rest of the world?
I don't even think most Americans understand America, so don't feel bad, Rover.

Apr 12, 2004
Vinman may come from the likes of Texas...where horrible, violent deaths are legal...they're called carrying out the death penalty
Actually the death penalty is not violent.
That Vinman may come from Texas?

That Texas carries out the death penalty?

That the death penalty isn;t horrble/ violent?
That's an opinion.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
ßüякε;2118557 said:
Actually the death penalty is not violent.

That's an opinion.
The violence is to the mind, not to the body...psychological terror

...another example is legal war

I don't even think most Americans understand America, so don't feel bad, Rover.
Hello LetsBrushYourTeeth...I don't feel bad bud:claire: ...I actually don't think any Americans can truly say they understand America, or Europeans truly understand Europe, and so on; the problem being, before you can even begin to try to understand something, you have to identify what you want to understand...how do you 'understand' a country?...what are the criteria that you set?...what is it they claim to understand?...simply living all your life somewhere doesn't mean that you understand your surroundings and everything about it...no matter how much I try I don't understand the logic sometimes of what people do in my own home, in my neighbourhood, at work, the law, politics, war...way beyond me...no one can claim to truly understand a country...it's to complex and dynamic a subject to turn the old gray matter too...makes brain sore.:cry:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
He's trying to say that because America messes up on occasion that Americans have no right to criticize other countries. Apparently to do so is hypocritical. But he really doesn't get it. Red said the same thing earlier in the thread.

As Doc Holiday once said "My hipocracy knows no bounds". Hypocritical or not, Americans can say whatever the hell they want when the rest of the world does dumb things. Especially, when we tend to be criticized purely based on our nationality, even if we're against the dumb shit our country does. I'm sure you of all people would know what that is like Fred.

The violence is to the mind, not to the body...psychological terror

...another example is legal war
You also know that there is potentially hazardous corn product and antibiotics in the food you eat right?

My point is that even though the majority of countries go out of their way to outlaw violent acts, this doesn't stop the fact that these things happen.

In my view, I think it's hypocritical for Americans (other than the families involved with the incident) to be pissed about the deal that was made. I should know -- I'm an American.

Pot... kettle... black, I say.
That's absolutely wrong reasoning. If someone lost a family member, they have all the right in the world to be pissed about the deal.

If someone doesn't even like the deal or finds the irony of the "victory parades" upon returning home to be humorous. That's ok too. It doesn't matter what nationality you are, if you do something stupid, you get laughed or people get mad at you. As an American I've come to understand that.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Well in that case. No one can speak. No muslim can criticize Abu Grab. No Brit can criticize failed assassination attempts. No European can criticize racism. Etc, etc, etc.

We're all big boys here. Or at least that's what we advertise. Basic philosophy is "don't fuck up". If you do, (well more accurately, if your country or religion fucks up) you might get made fun of and people might get mad. That's life.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Can I not criticise the failure of the assasination attempt?

If you are going to do something, at least do it properly.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Can I not criticise the failure of the assasination attempt?

If you are going to do something, at least do it properly.
All countries have failed at assassination attempts. How many times did Britain try to cap out a French king in the past? Doing so would be hypocritical.

You're avoiding the point. Everything is fair. After the last 8 years, I fully expect every action of the US to be criticized and made fun of by Europeans. Hell I even expect to be judged on a personal level, purely by my nationality. At the same time if Europe does something I deem stupid. I'm going to say something about it. The same thing if America does something similar. If you don't like it, that's ok too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)