Lockerbie bomber released (5 Viewers)

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Terrorism is a wonderful mechanism so long as it's not used against you.
Amen, the IRA and the 'Black and Tans' springs to mind, then again the IRA (old school) never went into an FA cup final a murdered a dozen people :)

From what I'e been reading, the case against him in the first place was extremely shaky and wouldn't have worked these days, and wouldnt ya know here come the IRA again- the guilford 4.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
then again the IRA (old school) never went into an FA cup final a murdered a dozen people :)

Hey...the clues in the name...British EMPIRE...the Brits at that time never pretended that they were anything else than seeking world domination and the protection of their own interests...at any cost:evil: ...seems nothings changed now, other than it's a different WASP country.:sergio:

...didn't the old school IRA kill something like a dozen policemen, soldiers and civilians, and seriously wound another half a dozen just before the Croke Park Massacre?

Maybe they deserved it, the cops, soldiers, etc, that is...I don't know...but always best to put both sides of a story forward so that those who aren't familiar with it can put it in context.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
From what I'e been reading, the case against him in the first place was extremely shaky and wouldn't have worked these days, and wouldnt ya know here come the IRA again- the guilford 4.
yeah, you could be right here:mark: ...maybe the best option was to agree to his compationate release in return for not having to risk 'not guilty', or even the peculiar Scottish verdict of 'not proven'.

Where would we be if the Courts decided he wasn't responsible?:faq1:

OP
.zero

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
  • Thread Starter #65
    Id rather have taxes wasted on making sure he rotts in jail & dies then allowing him to return to the comfort of his homeland & have him receive a heroes welcome.Besides every government wastes money on luxury cars for politicians & housind subsidies,why not do it for something valid?
    exactly

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Apparently, the real reason why this guy was released was because BP wants to get into the billions of barrels of oil reserves within Libya. That's what was said by an NBC London correspondent.

And if so, Chris Matthews and all the anchors of the US media better shut their fucking traps about the release of this guy because we basically killed a million Iraqis for oil in Iraq.

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    should have died in jail, and as he was dying, the victims families should have been able to piss on him
    Agreed he should have died in prison, but p@ssing on his dead body is a wee bit over the top...you wouldn't want the Libyans doing this to the pilots of the American planes that killed their families in the Libya raid which is credited with leading to the Lockerbie bombing, the American raid being pronunced by a resolution of the United Nations to be a breach of its Charter and a violation of intenational law.:sergio:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    People are quick to forget about sponsored military actions that lead to terrorist attacks.

It's obvious we still haven't learned our lesson (Iraq, Afghanistan faux war, soon to be Pakistan).

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    Apparently, the real reason why this guy was released was because BP wants to get into the billions of barrels of oil reserves within Libya. That's what was said by an NBC London correspondent.

And if so, Chris Matthews and all the anchors of the US media better shut their fucking traps about the release of this guy because we basically killed a million Iraqis for oil in Iraq.
    So the Americans are just angry because someone beat them at their own game. :lol2:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    So the Americans are just angry because someone beat them at their own game. :lol2:
    Well, I don't think many Americans understand anything about the connections between certain nations and petroleum companies. I'm pretty sure that 99% are just angry that an American-killing terrorist has been released.

It's just funny watching media drones here become upset about terrorists being released for business purposes after the whole Iraq ordeal. They're still under the mindset that the Iraq war was simply a mistake, something that is to be expected because they're a bunch of fucktards all across the board. From Chris Matthews to Bill O'Rielly.

You'd think that the hypocrisy couldn't continue to get worse, but it is. I suppose you did get it right after all on some level.

Red

-------
    Nov 26, 2006
    I don't know that a deal relating to oil was definitely done, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was.

If we let a guy, who is going to die soon anyway, out of jail a bit early to get a favourable deal for Libyan oil the Scottish Government is much cleverer than I thought.

Anyway, I reserve judgement for the time being on whether such a deal has in fact been done.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    Agreed he should have died in prison, but p@ssing on his dead body is a wee bit over the top...you wouldn't want the Libyans doing this to the pilots of the American planes that killed their families in the Libya raid which is credited with leading to the Lockerbie bombing, the American raid being pronunced by a resolution of the United Nations to be a breach of its Charter and a violation of intenational law.:sergio:
    those planes were attempting to terminate Quadaffi, it was in no means aimed at killing innocent civilians, like the Lockerbie incident

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    those planes were attempting to terminate Quadaffi, it was in no means aimed at killing innocent civilians, like the Lockerbie incident
    "Israel is very sorry for the loss of innocent life, but Hamas uses children as human shields. We are not targeting civilians."

Roverbhoy

Jul 31, 2002
    Hi Vinman...the US has a law against assasinating the heads of state of sovereign nations unless under war time conditions. They are not to be considered legit targets...this was therefore against the laws of your contry as well as intenational laws.

I haven't been here regularly for a while...are you the US cop guy? If yes, what would the legal position be in your part of the US if someone died a horrble, violent, death as a result of an act that was illegal?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    Hi Vinman...the US has a law against assasinating the heads of state of sovereign nations unless under war time conditions. They are not to be considered legit targets...this was therefore against the laws of your contry as well as intenational laws.

I haven't been here regularly for a while...are you the US cop guy? If yes, what would the legal position be in your part of the US if someone died a horrble, violent, death as a result of an act that was illegal?
    :lol:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)