Llorente or Dzeko (18 Viewers)

Your top player signing?

• Llorente

• Dzeko

• Oh, come off it - like we're getting either...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos Primera

Il Vecchio Signore
Mar 29, 2009
If Juve is willing to pay 20M for Llorente, I'd rather invest this money in Damiao, who is younger, much quicker and has some upside.

Juventus is a fast pace team, and Damiao is quick enough to fit in well. Llorente is quite slow.
For roughly the same money, Llorente would be a safer bet imo. He's at an age where most players are at their peak, and has at least some european pedigree. With Damiao, what we'd be buying is potential, considering this guy is fairly young and has'nt been blooded at all in Europe. He could very well be another Brazilian hype job.

Jul 20, 2012
If Juve is willing to pay 20M for Llorente, I'd rather invest this money in Damiao, who is younger, much quicker and has some upside.

Juventus is a fast pace team, and Damiao is quick enough to fit in well. Llorente is quite slow.
Damaio plays in Brazil and Brazil's league is no where near any of the Top Leagues in Europe

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Damaio plays in Brazil and Brazil's league is no where near any of the Top Leagues in Europe
do u even watch Brazilian games?

English League is much better. Spanish League has 2 superteams, 5 or 6 decent/good teams and the rest is crap. Italian League is not the greatest thing. I'd say Brazilian league is near Italian league in terms of quality.

Anyway, the idea is to gamble on Damiao. Llorente is surely a safer bet.

Jul 20, 2012
do u even watch Brazilian games?

English League is much better. Spanish League has 2 superteams, 5 or 6 decent/good teams and the rest is crap. Italian League is not the greatest thing. I'd say Brazilian league is near Italian league in terms of quality.

Anyway, the idea is to gamble on Damiao. Llorente is surely a safer bet.
we could gamble with borr

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Pace doesnt really matter for our style of play(slow buildup possession game).We need someone who's very good at hold up play/keep possession as well as someone who has the ability to create chances for others as well.(a much more complete striker in short).Llorente in my opinion fits that description more so than Dzeko.(I disagree when you say Dzeko is more complete than Llorente which he's clearly not)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I'm seriously going to have to watch more of "the Lion King", I guess.

Considering some would have me believe that Simba here is much better than Dzeko (who was also apparently much less influential at ze Wolf than either Misimovic or Grafite), and because Llorente is also "in the vain" of Ibra.

:p

Why do I get the feeling that 1 wonder goal against ManUre is responsible for 50% of the votes for Llorente in this poll?

DelPieroTen

Dec 8, 2009
Anyone watch the Community Shield yesterday between City and Chelsea?

Dzeko came on, was sent clean through on goal, in acres of space... and with a mixture of horrendous ball control and a glaring lack of pace he somehow allowed himself to get caught, without even getting an effort on goal...

This, combined with some of his performances last season just highlights how much I think a big outlay on this guy would be a massive risk IMO

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
Anyone watch the Community Shield yesterday between City and Chelsea?

Dzeko came on, was sent clean through on goal, in acres of space... and with a mixture of horrendous ball control and a glaring lack of pace he somehow allowed himself to get caught, without even getting an effort on goal...

This, combined with some of his performances last season just highlights how much I think a big outlay on this guy would be a massive risk IMO
Marota must have told him to play bad to lower his price :agree:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)