Llorente or Dzeko (19 Viewers)

Your top player signing?

• Llorente

• Dzeko

• Oh, come off it - like we're getting either...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2007
Salvatore also if you've noticed Bundesliga teams have barely attached inflated price tags on their prized assets but it seems to be changing now that four spots are at stake for German teams in the CL(this could be an important factor you know).
That's true, although I seem to remember Wolfsburg placing a large price tag on your favourite striker around that time.

In Athletic's case though ,they'd do everything to keep their best players..I mean Martinez a DM has a €40m price tag(buyout clause) on his head,If Muniain is transferred i'm sure he wont go any less than €40m(he wont leave atleast in the near future),And Llorente is certainly one of their most important players and had he extended his contract we might've had to cough up €35m for him if we were interested in signing him.Not saying he's worth that price but just elucidating the 'market demands' for this particular player.

But the important question to consider is does he represent full value for the €20m we would be paying for ?I'd like to think so in my opinion.

And whether or not we're willing to meet that price there's nothing wrong to demand €20m for him by them.
Of course, I'm not one to moan about that.

I'd have expected something different from Bielsa if Llorente was one of their most important players and he wanted to keep him. We'll have to see, seems like there is genuine interest though.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
That's true, although I seem to remember Wolfsburg placing a large price tag on your favourite striker around that time.
Wolfsburg had apparently promised Dzeko to Bayern(25-30m price) at that time but City in Jan came in with a huge bid and it was too good to turn down..

And no i dont and never rated Dzeko that highly, even in the title winning season of Wolfsburg ,Grafite and Mismovic were much more influential than him in my opinion.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:touched:

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 14:40 ----------

Dzeko is 1 year younger, quicker, better movement off the ball, slightly better skilled - in other words, he is a more complete player.

So I don't care about the money, it's not mine. I'd take Dzeko over Llorente.

But if you consider money, 15M for Llorente would be fair, and 25M for Dzeko would be realistic.

---------- Post added 09.08.2012 at 18:33 ----------

And yes, I doubt Athletic will ask less than 20M for Llorente. And Marotta will start offering stg around 12M, just guessing. This could go on and on. So if we can really get Dzeko for 25M, just do it.
:tup:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
what is your opinion on david villa as a short term signing?
I like Villa as a real striker, not like he plays in Barcelona, as a left winger. He has been underperforming since he joined Barca, he's not in his true position. For stg like 10M it would be awesome.

But he's not leaving them this year. Definitely next year when they get Neymar. But then I dont know if it would be worthy

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I voted for Dzeko too, as I consider him a safer option. But getting Llorente could be a really good signing too. This is a difficult choice. Just get one of them, and no the likes of Pazzini and I'll be happy.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Code:
Not if we keep Matri.
From what I understand Matri may still be sold to raise some cash. Imagine JoJo. :tuttosport:

---------- Post added 10.08.2012 at 02:32 ----------

FUCK NO!. Getting Dzeko would be good, but giving him no.10 would be a disaster!
Of course not! But the nos. have been assigned, dunno what other nos are left for somebody who will play a central role I'm attack, I expect them to want the ten or whatever.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
Code:
Of course not! But the nos. have been assigned, dunno what other nos are left for somebody who will play a central role I'm attack, I expect them to want the ten or whatever.
Yeah maybe, but IMO I would give the 10 to someone like Jovetic, not the Dzeko type.. Anyway lets see if we do sign the "top-player" :)

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Getting one of the two does not necessarily guarantee that Pazzini won't come. He could still come in as sub.
If we get one of Dzeko - Llorente I don't see a logical reason for getting Pazzini. Matri is good enough for rotation. You could say he's avereage but I rate him more than players like Borriello or Pazzini becasue:

1. He's already ours so no unnecessary costs
2. He's part of this team for a while, knows environment, coach and tactics
3. He's a hardworking forward, good for pressing, etc
4. In the last match he seemed to finally play the way everyone expected him to. He needs a chance.

Also Quagliarella is ok for a bench striker or ss, as he can play both. I'm not impressed by him and always prefered him to be sold instead of Matri, but once again I see no reason to waste our time and money to just swap a medicore striker with another one.

Get one of Dzeko - Llorente and bring Armero. In case of Bonucci's ban we'll probably need another defender yet.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
If Juve is willing to pay 20M for Llorente, I'd rather invest this money in Damiao, who is younger, much quicker and has some upside.

Juventus is a fast pace team, and Damiao is quick enough to fit in well. Llorente is quite slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)