Lippi's Interview (1 Viewer)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Just read an interview Lippi made last night where he talked about everything that happened in these past years from Juve to Inter to CL finals to the different players...let me summarise what he said (It's still in Italian and quite longish so I`ll take the main points):

- Playing 5 Finals (4 CL + 1 Uefa)in these past 9 years is no joke, it means dominating the scene

- If we arrive to another CL Final I would break a record of 5 CL Finals played. I might even go sit down in the stands for good luck sake.

- After Juventu, I`ll definitely will not coach another Italian team, however I will be happy to coach the Italian NT.

- DP is our flag, just like Buffon and Nedved.

- For the Golden Ball I will nominate Nedved and Buffon. I will not nominate DP cos he was injured for some time.

- The loss at Manchester is a wound that will never heal.

- When I was at Inter, I would think about Juve's inimitable organisation and that they were the team to beat.

- I was nervous at Inter, but that's cos of the environemnt you're in. I'm calmer here at Juve.

- Vieri left on his own will; we never wanted him to leave.

- Davids will leave either in January or June. He's an important player but that's that.

- I got to schools and they ask me if it's the executive's fault that players tend to simulate. I reply by asking the children if they are running towards goal, hit the ball with their hand but the ref doesn't see it, would they still stop before scoring? They all reply no; that shows that the cunningness in football exists from when you're a kid.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Great Interview By Lippi :thumb:

++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++

- For the Golden Ball I will nominate Nedved and Buffon. I will not nominate DP cos he was injured for some time.
:touched:
Nedved and Buffon derserve this award more than any other player in the world.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Aragorn ] ++
Great Interview By Lippi :thumb:

Nedved and Buffon derserve this award more than any other player in the world.
i just HAVE to agree.... :touched:

they are amazing and great! :D

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
Just read an interview Lippi made last night where he talked about everything that happened in these past years from Juve to Inter to CL finals to the different players...let me summarise what he said (It's still in Italian and quite longish so I`ll take the main points):
Is it online? Can u gve me the link, please?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Great interview :D

- I got to schools and they ask me if it's the executive's fault that players tend to simulate. I reply by asking the children if they are running towards goal, hit the ball with their hand but the ref doesn't see it, would they still stop before scoring? They all reply no; that shows that the cunningness in football exists from when you're a kid.
Genius, that's a good point... everyone cheats from a young age...

Aug 1, 2003
wow, the genius has spoken .. tee hee
oh so davids WILL leave us.. thats sad.. but.. 'thats that..' ... and the loss at manchester is a wound that will never heal.. thats honest ..

hahaa i just loved what he said bout scoring goals with hands..

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
jeje god interview...

the childs point was good. Sincerely if i score with my hand,,accidentally of course... ill not tell the referee for god sake!. My teammates would kill me.

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    Wait it didn't say that the boy would score with his hands, he meant he would control the ball with his hands and then shoot and score but the ref wouldn't notice. I'm sure none of us would admit so Lippi, as usual, has given some good points.

Isha and whoever wants to read the whole interview in Italia it's here:

http://www.tgcom.it/ArticoloTgCom/articoli/articolo149325.shtml

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
    Zizou! Thank you for all the effort to translate this! :kiss:

- After Juventu, I`ll definitely will not coach another Italian team, however I will be happy to coach the Italian NT.

thank you Mr. Lippi...... it's so nice to hear you say this, but you are also our flag! Not just DP, Gigi and nedved.

- Davids will leave either in January or June. He's an important player but that's that.
    For the 1st time 1 read something about David's issue that i can feel is the truth.

That's a great example!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)