Lippi to quit Italy? (1 Viewer)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
There has been rumors around that Lippi is really pissed off the way he's been treated by Italian governement and press that he is considering quiting his job.

It has to do with them questioning his choices and influences of Moggi in them..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
AlexTheGreat said:
if Lippi quit Italy, i'll turn to support every opponent italy meet in WC.
go to hell, these Damstupid politicians & media!
100% agree

This is just plain stupid, I refuse to believe that people can be that stupid and fired Lippi.

OP
ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    If Lippi resign Italy are done.
    Juve_25 if he is resigning it will be before the WC begins.. Its a big issue now.

They are trying to distory anything that has a Juve hand in it.. They are that desprate..

Forza Juve.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
    even if lippi has something big to do with the scandal then he should stay as the NT coach. Yeah i know it might give italy a bad image, but its just too late to replace the manager, we saw italy did pretty well in the friendlys, but there are rumours that if lippi leaves trapatoni takes over. for god sake why him? there are not many good joices around if lippi has to leave, but please NOT trapattoni. :scared:

AlexTheGreat

May 10, 2006
    well, i think the next step they'll take is removing all bianconeri even ex-bianconeri from NT square.
    they are crazy. they can do any thing they want to destroy juve!

engonga

Jul 22, 2005
    Stephan said:
    even if lippi has something big to do with the scandal then he should stay as the NT coach. Yeah i know it might give italy a bad image, but its just too late to replace the manager, we saw italy did pretty well in the friendlys, but there are rumours that if lippi leaves trapatoni takes over. for god sake why him? there are not many good joices around if lippi has to leave, but please NOT trapattoni. :scared:
    i agree that he should stay with the team till the end of the WC.
    changing a coach right now is just too silly,and would just give the team more trouble and instability.
    i also dont see how trapattoni will have to play with a squad that lippi and not him has choosed.

Sicilian Juve

May 17, 2006
    edpiero said:
    It fails to amaze me how stupid the media is and what they are doing just before 23 days of the World Cup

I think he is going to stay. He said he was not going to talk about it anymore and was only focusing on the club and the cup. The press brings this crap up just to sell papers. Headline "Lippi To Quit Italy". Sells papers.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    He's going to stay. I disagree with those who say that it could hurt the NT anyway. Lippi might have been involved, in fact come to think about it doesn't seem all that unlikely, but what's the use of firing him? It would dramatically diminish Italy's chances of winning the WC and it would hardly take the spotlight away. In fact, papers would always be writing "Italy, who were guided by their interim-coach *insert name*, because Lippi was fired due to his involvement in the Italian football scandal..". Obviously that doesn't really aid our case.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    ZAF3000 said:
    If Lippi resign Italy are done.
    Juve_25 if he is resigning it will be before the WC begins.. Its a big issue now.

They are trying to distory anything that has a Juve hand in it.. They are that desprate..

Forza Juve.
    Will you give it a rest please. You are starting to become as irritatiting as the whole scandal. They are not doing this because they have any sort of vendetta against Juventus, they are doing it cos of what Moggi has done in the past. This is starting to go beyond your bullshit about media and all the crap you keep postulating. There are loads of people this is hurting and its not just Juve fans. This is about hurting Italy as a football nation as a whole. Can you see past your selfishness of being hurt by whats happened to your beloved club? If Moggi was innocent will he start saying stuff like "my spirit is broken"? Will Dp say stuff like we will still stand by people who have done mistakes in the past to help us? Lots of people have resigned because of this nonsense. And everytime you come on here with your lamebrain jargon about media having it in for Juventus. Then you have those who praise you stupid posts. For the good of football as a whole , Juventus should be dealt with severely and you as a fan should take the rough with the smooth. The world cup comes once in 4 years and Italy's chances are been compromised because of what Juventus and some other clubs have got up to, but you can only blame the media for doing their jobs which is reporting the news. They did not invent it, they are reporting it, and no, they are hardly ever scrupulous in what they do but Juventus are not the victims here and stop potraying them as being the victims. Why is it that after commiting heinous acts, some people wanna come across as victims? Listen to the latest horseshit that Moggi is spinning about it all starting with his meeting with Berlusconi and he asked for referees cos he wanted us to be playing at a level field.

OP
    ZAF3000

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
  • Thread Starter #17
    I won't respond to this here because I don't want to go off topic. The topic is regarding Lippi's issue. If you want to discuss the scandal situation I think we have more than enough threads for you to express your wonderful opinions so you can inlight my lamebrain with it.

Back to the topic. Latest news is that Lippi will stay with the NT.

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
    FLORENCE, Italy, May 22 (Reuters) - Italy coach Marcello Lippi, who has faced calls to resign, has been given a vote of confidence by the head of the Italian Football Federation.

'I have total and full confidence in Lippi,' federation emergency administrator Guido Rossi told reporters at Italy's pre-World Cup training camp.

Magistrates summoned Lippi on Friday as a witness in an investigation into allegations surrounding his former club Juventus. He is expected to be questioned more extensively next week.

Lippi denied last week that former Juventus general manager Luciano Moggi, who is at the centre of match-fixing allegations, forced him to select certain players for the national side.

Lippi's son Davide is also an agent at the GEA players and coaches management agency being probed by authorities.

Some politicians and newspapers called for Lippi to resign before the World Cup in Germany which starts on June 9 as a step towards improving the image of Italian football.

But Rossi, who was appointed following the resignation of Federation president Franco Carraro, said that was out of the question.

'I have never had any doubt about his position - it would have been a total folly to put the blame on Lippi and avoid the people really responsible for this situation,' said Rossi.

Lippi repeated his denial of any involvement in any wrongdoing.

'Let me be clear once again for the final time - I have never had an agent in my life, I have never had a relationship with GEA. My son has never been my agent.

'I have had a rapport with Moggi and other people in football but I have never received any pressure,' said the Italy coach.

'This is the last time that I will deal with these matters and from this afternoon I will think only about the team and the World Cup,' he added.

'I've read a lot of things in the newspapers that have shown bad faith and I will be sueing soon,' said Lippi.

Italy play Ghana, the Czech Republic and the United States in Group E at the World Cup finals.

Source: espn.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
    denco said:
    Will you give it a rest please. You are starting to become as irritatiting as the whole scandal. They are not doing this because they have any sort of vendetta against Juventus, they are doing it cos of what Moggi has done in the past. This is starting to go beyond your bullshit about media and all the crap you keep postulating. There are loads of people this is hurting and its not just Juve fans. This is about hurting Italy as a football nation as a whole. Can you see past your selfishness of being hurt by whats happened to your beloved club? If Moggi was innocent will he start saying stuff like "my spirit is broken"? Will Dp say stuff like we will still stand by people who have done mistakes in the past to help us? Lots of people have resigned because of this nonsense. And everytime you come on here with your lamebrain jargon about media having it in for Juventus. Then you have those who praise you stupid posts. For the good of football as a whole , Juventus should be dealt with severely and you as a fan should take the rough with the smooth. The world cup comes once in 4 years and Italy's chances are been compromised because of what Juventus and some other clubs have got up to, but you can only blame the media for doing their jobs which is reporting the news. They did not invent it, they are reporting it, and no, they are hardly ever scrupulous in what they do but Juventus are not the victims here and stop potraying them as being the victims. Why is it that after commiting heinous acts, some people wanna come across as victims? Listen to the latest horseshit that Moggi is spinning about it all starting with his meeting with Berlusconi and he asked for referees cos he wanted us to be playing at a level field.

you need to relax :disagree:

Don't tell me that Media is not against Juve, I hope u don't believe that bullshit. Ofcourse they are, and ofcourse they are abusing this Juve situation, to make it worse. Juve is not innocent ofcourse, but this is more about Moggi, ofcourse Juventus is guilty to hire a person like him, and keep him all these years. but wasn't he famouse for his ugly works too before Juve? Juventus is as much as guilty as the other clubs like Fiorentina Milan and Lazio, that they knew what Moggi was, yet they did there ugly business with him too.

what this stupidity to turn 180 degrees against your own fucking club? at least wait and see what the court say, everyone in here is disgusted as what's going on here, and I don't think anyone isn't aware that most of these are real.

and Don't tell me that turning against Lippi is not a stupidity, it is the dumbest thing to do, I don't know what is going on with these Media, are they that blind to not see that they are hurting their own fucking football!!?

Lilith

Immortelle
    May 19, 2006
    Will Lippi even be allowed to coach if he is under investigation?

As for the Italian team, I have supported Italy as long as I can remember. Actually this is the first year that my country has qualified for the world cup. I don't really expect them to go far but still I support them, together with Italy.

One constant factor that I've seen with Italy over the years is that although they have the potential to be good, they have been mediocre at best. And I am not saying this to insult my favourite team, just stating facts. I think Italy biggest problem is that once they've scored they just don't seem to play that hard anymore. My question is has Lippi changed the 2006 squad that much?

I have seen one positive in him thus far and I will give that to him. No matter how big of Italy's darling a player is, he calls it as he sees it. He called Del Piero inconsistent and sometimes mediocre and as much as I LOVE Del I have to admit he's right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)