Lippi to leave Juventus at end of season (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2003
MILAN, April 29 (Reuters) - Juventus coach Marcello Lippi will leave the Serie A champions at the end of the season, the club said on Thursday.

The 56-year-old Lippi has won five league titles in two spells at the Turin club and had one year remaining on his contract.

A spokesman said the club had not made any decision on a replacement for the coach who led Juventus to two successive titles after returning from Inter Milan in 2001.

"It has been fantastic, but I think it's time for me step aside," Lippi was quoted as saying by Italian news agency ANSA.

Juventus lie third in Serie A with no chance of catching leaders AC Milan in the final three matches of the season, and Lippi said he had made his decision to leave over a month ago.

"About 50 days ago, right after a crucial period for us, I had to deal with the conditions that everyone knows about and I expressed my feelings to the club. These players have given me their all and I am convinced they can still give something but with another coach," Lippi said.

Lippi, who also won three Italian titles and the European Cup during his first spell at Juve from 1994 to 1999, has always insisted he would not coach another Italian side after his ill-fated spell with Inter.

"I am not going to any other team. I have refused any kind of discussion with anyone," said Lippi who also said there were no financial reasons behind his decision.

"I didn't ask for a lira and when you have a rapport such as I have with this club it is not one year of a contract that can cause problems.

"The club tried to get me to change my mind and we also thought about continuing our relationship in a different form but I am convinced that the right thing is to step aside," said Lippi.

Italian media reports have suggested that Parma coach Cesare Prandelli, a former Juve player, would be a frontrunner to replace Lippi.

Chievo coach Luigi Del Neri and Monaco coach Didier Deschamps have also been linked with a switch to the Delle Alpi stadium

:down: i will miss lippi and thank u so much for all what u have brougth juvetnus:down:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Deschamps is not coming to juve for the moment...it hasnt been oficially declared, but there are 95% chances that cesare Prandelli will be juve coach next season.Agnelli has already given his approval....

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Wow Eagle, what are you? You knew that Lippi steped down before he said that, and now you have info about our new coach! Is there a third man in it??? Or is it Prandelli or DD?

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
Agnelli has decided
Moggi and bettega already are pressing parma officials to make a big swap involving Prandelli, Gilardino, ferrari and Bonera.Parma is desesperately in need for money, and moggi is eager to give a deposit to enshure the deal.

Forget Didier...at least for next year...

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i wonder what type of deal that would be?

surely it couldnt all be cash...i wonder how many players parma will get.

anyway, sad to see lippi leave, but its best for the club. lippi will return again.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
If they dont give him chance at national team soon, he will retire. He owns one of the finest pattiseries in Italy and his a succesful bussines man....and he knows deep inside he will not made it better than he did with juve.....

OP
«ƒÕ®zå JüV€»
Aug 27, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    he has said that he will take this six month break then he might coach the national team or maybe go over to the english or spanish side..
    thats sad lippi ment every word last year if he didnt win the cl, he would leave juventus :down:
    lippi u are amazing! and i will miss u

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
    Soccerage :

Capello: Lippi Should Take A Year Off

04/30/2004. Fabio Capello today spoke about Marcello Lippi's decision to leave Juventus at the end of the season and said that he agrees with the Tuscan coach choice.

The giallorossi's coach stated: "I have an excellent relationship with Lippi. He did very well when he returned to Juventus and I think that it is important also for him, just like it was for me, to take a year off, to find the right direction, especially after being in the same club for so many years."

Freddy

Feb 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
    Deschamps is not coming to juve for the moment...it hasnt been oficially declared, but there are 95% chances that cesare Prandelli will be juve coach next season.Agnelli has already given his approval....
    Why isn't he coming ?!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)