Lippi thinking to play with 3 strikers (1 Viewer)

Espectro

The Grimreaper
Jul 12, 2002
Yesterday I was watching ESPN and they put the 1996 Champions league final : Juventus - Ajax, I was watching Vialli, Ravanelli and DP playing I almost cry:excited::excited:

I hope we can return to that system:thumb:
I think they were playing with a 4-3-3 system...

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by espectro ] ++
Yesterday I was watching ESPN and they put the 1996 Champions league final : Juventus - Ajax, I was watching Vialli, Ravanelli and DP playing I almost cry:excited::excited:

I hope we can return to that system:thumb:
I think they were playing with a 4-3-3 system...
I wish ESPN here would show that...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
ESPN showed over all of the Champions League finals since 1995.

95- Milan vs AJAX
96- Ajax vs JUVENTUS
97- Juventus vs BORUSSIA DORTMUND
98- Juventus vs REAL MADRID
99- MANCHESTER UNITED vs Bayern Munchen
00- REAL MADRID vs Valencia
01- Valencia vs BAYERN MUNCHEN
02- REAL MADRID vs Bayer Leverkusen

Del Piero's goal vs Dortmund in 97 was class!:thumb: Unfortunately Juve lost that match.:sigh:

JKane

May 31, 2001
I like the idea of three strikers, but we'd definitely need another striker. Just Zala as backup is not enough.

Mutu I don't want, overrated, I'm all for a young italian. Maybe Toni, Bonazzoli, Iaquinta, I dunno. Or even Ventola!! He could play way more frequently for Juve than for Inter.

Another possibility would be one of the argentine crew. Unfortunetly I have no own oppinion about most of them (don't get to see the argentine league), but Cavenaghi for example ... I'm only hearing good things and the few things I saw - I have to say I'M IMPRESSED.

Addya

Jul 13, 2002
Whoever.. I don't mind, as long they are good.. Those striker u guys say r great, i just want 2 add the list: Maccarone & Gilardino.. Young & Massive...

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think Moggi should try to sign Mutu or Cavenaghi. River need cash so let's get Cavenaghi and D'Alessandro! That would be a huge help to the squad,especially Del Piero who has to do alot of the work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)