Lippi: There is no problem with Davids (1 Viewer)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
I agree with fabiana. We can't always take it that the employer is definitely right.

The question to ask is if Davids deserves a better contract (probably his last as well) Based on his performances over the years and last season, I think he's one of a select few who does.

Meritocracy - what's wrong with that? If anything, it sends a clear message across that whoever performs (hardly a grey area) will be rewarded accordingly. Performance based remuneration ... isn't that the very basis for contract revisions?

I wish Davids can find himself a good club if both parties cannot agree. Of course, I hope it won't happen for Juve will be poorer without such a key player.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I think the team needs davids this year particulary, appiah could learn alot from davids. I think tacchi learned alot from davids.I think he shouldn't leave the club.

Jul 19, 2003
With regards to Davids, there's no question about how I feel about him. Just check my avatar.

I do believe he deserves a raise, but the club has its right to refuse. He signed a contract and both parties have to abide by it, unless they come to a mutual agreement.

I would really like if he signs a new contract. I think he still has 3 or 4 years of football left in him.

TorNado

Aug 2, 2003
look guys, i think you guys are putting an unbelievable amount of pressure on young appiah. hes on record for saying that he admires davids a lot, and that he can would actually learn a lot from him. so guys please stop comparing the two. i believe appiah will perform to expectations in the event that david leaves, but until then "tornado" appiah will be humble enough to learn from the pitbull.

Ivy

Jul 16, 2003
After reading that article, i feel that it doesn't help to calm the situation at all. Lippi's like saying that oh, there's no prob with David's contract. But then again remember that we do have the "perfect subsitute". What's that surpossed to mean? To me i'm wondering why would u want to indicate abt having an appropriate sub in an article whose main aim is abt calming down the "David's problem"?. It's more like Lippi's trying to reassure us that we hv gd back up if david's were to leave rather than that things are smooth with david's

Fact is that i dun feel any less calm abt David's issue after reading article, i dun feel any more sure that he wont leave. Do the rest of you?

urrmmm... do u understand what i'm trying to say or am i not making any sense again? :p

gigi's twin

Mar 5, 2003
I'm really pissed off with this Davids thing! I would be glad, if they finally made their decision! We got news on him every day with different things! :fero:

I really like Edgar, and I want him to stay if it is possible, but if they think the best if he left, I would let him go to a great club!

Forza Edgar!:strong::thumb:

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    Of course we all want him to stay, and hopefully he will. But Moggi must also take into account the financial aspect, cos Juventus is a business company above all.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
    It has to be Davids who decides if he will stay or not.incase he wants to stay then he should sign a new contract.else he should be sold.we can't let him go on free next summer.

Why are you stuck with somone who don't want you.?? if He really likes and cares for juventus he would have accepted the new contract without any problems.

isha00

Jun 24, 2003
    It has to be Davids who decides if he will stay or not.incase he wants to stay then he should sign a new contract.else he should be sold.we can't let him go on free next summer.
    That's what i think too

A7midy

Aug 11, 2003
    Davids is one of the (if not THE) most productive defensive midfeilders in the world, he might have 1-2 years in him, i dont want to see him play for another team
    he is starting to take a role on the left flank with the new tactics, and he is also doing a good job at that
    why would he be sold !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)