Lippi: There is no problem with Davids (1 Viewer)

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
Davids is 30 years old now.so it's either he ends his career in juve or leave for any other club.

Appiah is a very good player and he can do what davids can but in a better way too.

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DarkSoul ] ++

Appiah is a very good player and he can do what davids can but in a better way too.
I just don't get it! what have Appiah done that he is already better than Davids. no one can replace Davids even Appiah

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
DarkSoul, I would still like him to finish here. He is here for - I'm not sure - 7 years almost now ? Doesn't he earn this ?

Erik - do you want him to go or to stay ?

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Edgar Davids ] ++

I just don't get it! what have Appiah done that he is already better than Davids. no one can replace Davids even Appiah
on day you will see what will appiah be like.He is 22 years old now and he is already good. so imagine what he will be like in 2 or 3 more years.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Who say's he hasn't already reached the top of his abilities?

++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
Erik - do you want him to go or to stay ?
He can go if we get a decent replacement. But in Davids' case, those are hard to come by.

Signor

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
DarkSoul, I would still like him to finish here. He is here for - I'm not sure - 7 years almost now ? Doesn't he earn this ?
If he is to stay he has to agree a new contract. which he refused to do till now.so it will be a huge loss if we let him go on free transfer next season.

OP
Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Yeah DS summarised the whole story. I just hope that if he does not sign a new (and less gaining) contract, Moggi won't make him sit in the stands. I fear Moggi is capable of giving such a punishment.

Anyway hopefully Lippi has it under control.

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Who say's he hasn't already reached the top of his abilities?

He can go if we get a decent replacement. But in Davids' case, those are hard to come by.
    Agree :)

@DarkSoul : Well, at the beginning of the mercato, it was about doubling his salary and keeping him to Juve until 2005. What happened with that deal ?

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana-juve ] ++
    “Appiah can do everything, and gives his best in the centre left zone of the pitch”.

hm that sounds weird
    That's where he played against Milan and did an excellent job :)

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    no im not talking about if hes a good player or not, what im saying is that maybe lippi is trying to mean that we will be as good without davids and that he is leaving. you know like he meant it with a double sense. lol

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    Oh I see what you mean. Yeah Appiah is definitely taking on from Davids....the question is, will it be from this year or next year?

slack

Dec 13, 2002
    This is ridiculous. What has Davids done to deserve this?

Davids has always been one to give his all on the pitch. Given his contribution to Juventus over the years, Appiah isn't even fit to lace our pitbull's boots as of now ... where's the respect he deserves?

Contract-wise, I believe the club is freaking rich enough to afford it so I don't understand why the management's begrudging the Dutchman his dues, especially when the player himself seems keen to stay. Let's face it, if anybody in the team deserves a raise, our pitbull is one of them.

Everybody knows Davids has very personal issues with AC Milan so imagine the coach dropping him for that particular match. That's not condoning anything wrong he might have done but let's be understanding at least ...

OP
    Zizou

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Yeah respect to Davids, but he can't hold the club at gunpoint and demand a better contract. That would be disrespectful towards other players and would encourage all those players who have their contracts expiring soon, to demand wages raises.

It's a matter of principal.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    its different in my opinion davids has been a lot with juventus and this season was very good so he is in his right to demand a better contract. if davids and the club cant arrange something, then sell him as simple as that. itd be a shame to see him leave though because whenever he plays he makes the team stronger

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)