Lippi out, Prandelli in? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Prandelli in pole for Juve
Tuesday 27 April, 2004

Parma boss Cesare Prandelli is understood to be the new favourite to replace Marcello Lippi at Juventus.

The latter is set to quit the Turin giants in the summer as the club prepare to start a new era at the Stadio Delle Alpi.

Many believed that Didier Deschamps of Monaco was first in the queue but Prandelli is now in pole position.

Patron Umberto Agnelli is understood to be very keen on the Parma boss who did star as a midfielder for Juventus in the past.

The proposed appointment of Prandelli could now push Deschamps towards Chelsea, with Gigi Del Neri being left disappointed.

Rumours circulating around the peninsula claim that the Chievo boss had already held talks with director general Luciano Moggi.

Prandelli isn’t set to be the only piece of the Parma jigsaw to be heading north at the end of the season.

Manuele Blasi will return to Turin once his season long loan spell at the Stadio Tardini expires.

Star striker Alberto Gilardino is reportedly very close to becoming a Bianconeri player after a fine season.

Defenders Matteo Ferrari and Daniele Bonera are also understood to be on the Juventus wish list.

Many are expecting a mass revolution at Juve in the summer after a highly disappointing term.

Stories today suggest that the club are ready to listen to offers for any of their players apart from Gigi Buffon, Gianluca Zambrotta and Alex Del Piero.

All of the players, excluding those on international duty, are currently in a training camp after their humiliating 4-3 home defeat to Lecce on Sunday.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
prandelli isn't that experienced with stars so i'm a little sceptical,deschamps wouldn't have to handle them since many of the juve players including our three captains(dp,conte and tacch) are good friends of didier.

delpiero10

Apr 5, 2004
Well he has coached Parma with style, they have done it very good this season. And you dont have to have a merit list to turn out to be a succesfull coach. Im sure Prandelli would be perfect!, i just love Parma ;) bringing us all we need.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Like I have said before, I consider Parma to be our Farm Team.

Hopefully Prandelli will turn out to be better than Ancelloti for us.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Prandelli is a good coach, and I like what he did with Parma. Great offensive football. And if we can bring Ferrari with him, I think Ferrari won't loose form like Del Neri!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
prandelli isn't that experienced with stars so i'm a little sceptical,deschamps wouldn't have to handle them since many of the juve players including our three captains(dp,conte and tacch) are good friends of didier.
And that's probably the main reason why Deschamps wouldn't get the job. He would need to be their coach, not their drinking buddy. Prandelli has been able to do quite a lot with not very much, and to be able to stand in the face of the Parmalat scandal the way he has is very commendable, and a class act like that, who never wavered, never complained, would be a great choice to be the next coach.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
I still prefer Lippi first, then Deschamps, then Prandelli and then Del Neri...

But definitely Lippi should be our first choice for next season...

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Poku ] ++
I still prefer Lippi first, then Deschamps, then Prandelli and then Del Neri...
But definitely Lippi should be our first choice for next season...
Someone else pointed this out: Lippi is leaving either this year or next. So unless you think the CL is well within Lippi's reach next year (and with this season and the gaps that exist, I am not so sure), you may as well start planning for the future now rather than putting it off for one more year.

Last thing I want to see is one more season tossed in as a mulligan for the sake of "transition". Transition years are for losers, and Inter, I'm sorry.

So my votes:
1. Deschamps
2. Prandelli
3. Lippi
4. Del Neri

Square

Oct 6, 2002
prandelli would be very good, as would deschamps. either way would be good, so you cant complain. plus both are through and through bianconeri.

Aug 26, 2003
i don't know him very well, but what i see is that he has great things with Parma! Ok they have not much money and they have to play with their youngsters but i think also that he is a coach who saw that also the young players can be very very good!

this is something what i miss on lippi!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by simpson-juvefan ] ++
and they have to play with their youngsters but i think also that he is a coach who saw that also the young players can be very very good!

this is something what i miss on lippi!

There you go. That would be a key component in whomever succeeds Lippi. The ability to nurture young talent. I f you believe everything you hear and read, it looks like there could be, at long last, a true youth movement going on, and they would need a coach who can develop that talent and have the patience to stick with it. We as supporters would have to be the same way as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)