LIPPI OR CAPELLO (4 Viewers)

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
juvechampions said:
Capello took a championship with roma.Lippi with inter sucks
Thats not an argument. Noone was successful with Inter.. Its not their coaches fault lol.. They just SUCK. Even Sir Lippi couldn't do anything with them lol

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
THE CHAMPIONS said:
Capello is the reason for that squad,that the thing that 90% of the people here cant understand.Cap. personality is the reason that Moggi started to shake it a little! FORZA CAPELLO!
Thats not true. Capello did reqeust players, but if we did not sign the contract with TAMOIL and the TV channels coverage we wouldn't have bought any. It has nothing to do with Capello's personality. As I mentioned in my post Dr. Agneli asked Sir Lippi to use what he had and make the best out of them.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
im not complaining about capello,but if i had a choice it would always be lippi.somehow the image of a white haired,glasses wearing,cigar smoking man directing our players makes me more happy than seeing a glasses wearing,black hair-dye using man on our touchline:D

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
ZAF3000 said:
Thats not true. Capello did reqeust players, but if we did not sign the contract with TAMOIL and the TV channels coverage we wouldn't have bought any. It has nothing to do with Capello's personality. As I mentioned in my post Dr. Agneli asked Sir Lippi to use what he had and make the best out of them.
I know that if Lippi continued this last 2 years with Juve we wouldnt have players like cANNA,Emerson,Ibra,Viera... .............Capello has always special demands when he goes to any team like with Roma!Anyway they r 2 great coaches matbe 2 of the best five in Europe but I think that Cap. team has more winnig personality than Lippi though Lippi's team played better football!

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
Lippi requested Cannvaro when before he went to from parma to inter. And Zlatan was on Moggi's list way before capello came. When Lippi came he brought with him:
Nedved, Thuram, Buffon and Camoranesi.
Don't forget that.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Lippi , hands down, no comparism at all in my book. As someone rightly mentioned Capello depends way too much on individual brilliance than tactical know how and thats the only way to me you can measure who is a better manager. I do not necessarily agree with the amount of titles you have won, makes you the best in the world cos you might have by far the best of everything. Its actually managers who have little or crap to work with and make the best use of what they have that i find really impressive. Its like saying the Brazilina manager is the most brilliant when he he has at his disposal as any given time, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, kaka, Emerson, Adriano, cafu, Cicinho, Carlos, Juninho , Edmillson and the rest.
Lippi had to make do with a defence of Montero, Iuliano, Leggrotaglie, Ferrara and because of that he had to convert Zambrotta to a left back and look at the result . Buffon was even conceding goals left right and centre. Because of Davids dispute with the club, Lippi had to make do without him.
Lippi made superstars out of Zambrotta, Vieri and made Nedved win European player of the year by palying him in the middle. Brought Camonaresi from relative obscurity and turned him into an Italian international even if he is Argentine. Amoruso was turned into a star and Padovano became an international albeit briefly under Lippi. We got masterclass performances from Deschamps, Jugovic, davids, Sousa. Yes he made some hopeless buys , but his teams like the one that demolished Ajax home and away, who can forget the demolition of Monaco and Dinamo Kiev in Kiev. Real Madrid in Turin. We had not won away in Cl under Ancelotti and it was becoming embarassing and under Lippi we went to Kiev and beat em 2-0 .Yes people are gonna bring up losing to Depor at home but remember Dp, out talisman went off injured after 5 minutes, and thats gonna demoralise the whole team no matter who you are, and even irueta said so, Miccolli was not really match fit and i do not think that Trez played but i might be wrong as he missed whole chunks of that season.
Under Capello with arguably better players, and already established stars i might add, we keep on limping from 1 result to another with no real highlight to speak off. The only game i can honestly say that we won and played very well under Capello was the 1-0 in Milan against Ac. Yes the results were impressive against Roma in Rome but with better finishing by Roma , it might have been different we just caught them with a sucker punch, we didnt really dominate them. Same with Inter , great result , better performance but it was not dominating

Fight Club

Dec 14, 2005
Geof said:
Lippi was the emotion.

Cappello is the cold result.
wise words, couldn't have said it better.

lippi will forever be a true juventino, though it hurt when he joined inter for a while. being a juve-fan and growing up watching amazing football played by juve during the late 90's, though watching us lose some cl-finals that hurt, but at the end of the day it was great years. you had to feel sorry for lippi, coz he deserved to win more cl-titles.

they play different styles of football, lippi being the one that played more beautiful in a football-romantic way. capello, the one where results come first.
i'd say capello has done his job well, though we can often find something to critizise him for, but you can't take his merits from him. if he's able to bring 2 championships and winning 1 cl during his 3 year contract, i'd say he passed (of course i hope for 3 championships and 2 cl, but it'd be ok)

lippi will always have a special place in juve-hearts, and hopefully he'll come back one day, might not be as coach but in a different role.
as well as i'd like to see vialli and ferrara.

btw i really hope we win the cl this year, when zizou is still playing. coz then he'd won less by joining madrid than staying with us. not that it was a bad deal for us, since we got neddy, buffon and thuram. but leaving us the great juve for madrid, thinking he'd win more...not easy to forget and forgive.

Dec 26, 2004
denco said:
Lippi , hands down, no comparism at all in my book. As someone rightly mentioned Capello depends way too much on individual brilliance than tactical know how and thats the only way to me you can measure who is a better manager. I do not necessarily agree with the amount of titles you have won, makes you the best in the world cos you might have by far the best of everything. Its actually managers who have little or crap to work with and make the best use of what they have that i find really impressive. Its like saying the Brazilina manager is the most brilliant when he he has at his disposal as any given time, Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, kaka, Emerson, Adriano, cafu, Cicinho, Carlos, Juninho , Edmillson and the rest.
Lippi had to make do with a defence of Montero, Iuliano, Leggrotaglie, Ferrara and because of that he had to convert Zambrotta to a left back and look at the result . Buffon was even conceding goals left right and centre. Because of Davids dispute with the club, Lippi had to make do without him.
Lippi made superstars out of Zambrotta, Vieri and made Nedved win European player of the year by palying him in the middle. Brought Camonaresi from relative obscurity and turned him into an Italian international even if he is Argentine. Amoruso was turned into a star and Padovano became an international albeit briefly under Lippi. We got masterclass performances from Deschamps, Jugovic, davids, Sousa. Yes he made some hopeless buys , but his teams like the one that demolished Ajax home and away, who can forget the demolition of Monaco and Dinamo Kiev in Kiev. Real Madrid in Turin. We had not won away in Cl under Ancelotti and it was becoming embarassing and under Lippi we went to Kiev and beat em 2-0 .Yes people are gonna bring up losing to Depor at home but remember Dp, out talisman went off injured after 5 minutes, and thats gonna demoralise the whole team no matter who you are, and even irueta said so, Miccolli was not really match fit and i do not think that Trez played but i might be wrong as he missed whole chunks of that season.
Under Capello with arguably better players, and already established stars i might add, we keep on limping from 1 result to another with no real highlight to speak off. The only game i can honestly say that we won and played very well under Capello was the 1-0 in Milan against Ac. Yes the results were impressive against Roma in Rome but with better finishing by Roma , it might have been different we just caught them with a sucker punch, we didnt really dominate them. Same with Inter , great result , better performance but it was not dominating

We beat Kiev 1-4 in 98 CL after drwaing with them 1-1 in the first round of quarter final in Torino... Inzaghi scored a hattrick...

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
Fight Club said:
btw i really hope we win the cl this year, when zizou is still playing. coz then he'd won less by joining madrid than staying with us. not that it was a bad deal for us, since we got neddy, buffon and thuram. but leaving us the great juve for madrid, thinking he'd win more...not easy to forget and forgive.
He already won the CL with Real against bayer leverkusen. How can you forget that shot????

Juve_25

Jan 3, 2006
DelpieroForLife said:
ya took the words out of my mouth...
Actually mines too. Lippi used to love Juve and I'm sure he still does.

Capello....well what can I tell you, I don't know if he had loved all the teams where he have been.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
serfaraaz said:
if capello compared with ancelloti then who u would choose
Ancelloti was not good while he was at juve, but I guess he was going throw a learning process, and he did not have the players he has now at milan.

djleli

Aug 12, 2004
Listen to this: Juve a colazione da Lippi (TS)
Martedì, 21 marzo @ 09:44:00 CET

Sabato c'è stato l'incontro con Moggi e Giraudo in un ristorante a Forte dei Marmi: la Juventus è tentata dal ritorno del ct Marcello Lippi in alternativa alla conferma di Fabio Capello, per cui si raffredda l'ipotesi Real Madrid.

(Tuttosport)
On saturday there was a meeting between moggi giraudo and lippi in a restaurant, juventus are pondering the option of the return of lippi if capello goes.

from calciomercato.com !!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)