LIPPI OR CAPELLO (2 Viewers)

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
True. Well.. Milan have different players from us. We have strong physcical players. Kinda slow but strong. And we play tactical and organized. Milan play very beautiful football, but not always as strong as Juve.

I'm not sure wether or not to sack Capello. He will surely give us 3 stars if he stays. But maybe no CL? since he is a coward when it really counts?

Buy on AliExpress.com

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
Yes, Capello will take the 3rd star but he is not the only one ho can do that.Every manager could win a scudetto with this Juventus team because we have great players.But we can see if a manager is good or not in the knock-out games when every mistake is a disaster.There we can see the tactical ability of a manager.And in this section Capello has failed

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
The defferences between Capello and Lippi are:
1- Lippi's era was lacking money
2- Lippi has balls
3- Lippi is not stubborn
4- Lippi's formations are felxible inside the game. How many times did he move Zambrotta from right to left or vice versa which distrubed the opponent team.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Lippi was also able of changing the score and turning it into black n white sometimes. Something Capello can never do.

I can't recall under Capello loosing 0-2 or 3 and over-returning the game into us.

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
You know why Juventus are not playing well.. Everytime Capello logs to Juventuz to check our opinions and tries to use them he get distracted by the female beauty of the day thread, beats off then shows up in trainning saying... Ok lets do what we did last time.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
ZAF3000 said:
You know why Juventus are not playing well.. Everytime Capello logs to Juventuz to check our opinions and tries to use them he get distracted by the female beauty of the day thread, beats off then shows up in trainning saying... Ok lets do what we did last time.
:rofl: :rofl:

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
ZAF3000 said:
A very logical analysis that gets me sayin' "no wonder were doin the same thing over and over again"
:agree:

Nov 1, 2002
lippi is much better than capello
why we are hopping to win the CL under capello when he never reach the group stages with roma? yes this juventus side is much stronger than roma but i see only 1-0 or 2-1 result without playing good football. lippi's side was not as strong as this side but they were attacking and play great foorball against any side in the world even when they lose 3-0 they still attack and played better than 1-0 capello wins. i never so juve so lost in the matches like arsenal match they cant make one shot at the goal even with long range and even in the italian league juve never played so well for the whole 90 mins they just score because of the great players they have not because of capello

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
It's not like you got your coaching license in the Frosties-box when you win two straight Scudetti out of two possible, while AC Milan were favourites at both times.
You people need to show some respect and atleast mention that ONCE, instead of crying over the fact we ain't got 11 Ronaldinho's out there.

Sure, Cap makes mistakes and his gameplay is the most boring I ever witnessed a top European club using. But still, he is a winner in Italy, which is good for something I have to assume. He came after a disastrous season (the Legrotaglie-season, you know) and made us win two straight.

I too want him gone if we continue to play like this, but I ain't calling for his head. I'm ready to give him one more season, hopefully with an attacking midfielder with pace and vision.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Neither, Lippi has had all his good days with us, it remains to be seen how he can do with the NT. Capello hell no he should leave ASAP. We need a new fresh approach someone with brand new mentality of course for that to happen we may need to get a few of the triads too but in the long run it would be worthwhile especially in the CL.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Esteban said:
It's not like you got your coaching license in the Frosties-box when you win two straight Scudetti out of two possible, while AC Milan were favourites at both times.
You people need to show some respect and atleast mention that ONCE, instead of crying over the fact we ain't got 11 Ronaldinho's out there.

Sure, Cap makes mistakes and his gameplay is the most boring I ever witnessed a top European club using. But still, he is a winner in Italy, which is good for something I have to assume. He came after a disastrous season (the Legrotaglie-season, you know) and made us win two straight.
And a Lippi season at that (calling for Lippi to come back is just living in the past, IMO). I have no faith in Capello for the CL elimination rounds, FWIW. But I have complete faith in him for Serie A. That's the rub.

It's probably a good thing that his contract isn't all that long. Sure, I'd love a 3rd star (let alone the 29th Scudetto isn't in the bag yet). But it's clear that we are vastly underperforming on the CL stage, and I am not seeing any learning nor improvement.

Last season I almost wished that Canna didn't get the away goal at Anfield so that Juve would have been more aggressive in the return leg at the delle Alpi. This week proved to me that the result would not have been any different.

And given that Capello is not one to take risks or to create change, I only expect more of the same from here. Which makes him a known quantity -- so we have to accept CL underperformance as long as he is our coach, IMO.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)