Lippi archives winning start (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Lippi archives winning start
Thursday 9 September, 2004

Italy have begun their World Cup campaign with two wins but boss Marcello Lippi insists there is still plenty to do.

"We need to continue working hard on the project which we have just started," said the tactician on Thursday.

"It is our intention to develop into a strong squad and make sure that we qualify for the World Cup.

"Then it will be our objective to go to Germany and achieve something very important in the Finals."

Lippi’s new look side have a 100 per cent record in Group 5 after wins against Norway and Moldova.

"It has been an important month for us and I am very happy because we have started our campaign well," he noted.

"Everyone worked hard and we collected two vital victories, one in spectacular fashion and one on a poor pitch against a very aggressive side."

The tactician seems to have been able to create great enthusiasm and a united team spirit. Could that be affected by the return of some big name players?

"The likes of Totti, Cassano, Cannavaro and the others will return but that won’t be a problem," he insisted.

"It will be easy to fit in these players. Now there is a month before the next match for everyone to improve their form."

channel4.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
What is Lippi going to do with Totti anyway? I can't imagine that Lippi likes players who spit. I even believe that I Totti should do something like that again he won't be called up by Lippi.

And can Lippi make Totti reach his highest level? It's a known fact Lippi doesn't like Totti very much. But Italy without Totti at his very best won't be a contender for the WC. Unless Godot returns, but I doubt it :D.

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Seven ] ++
What is Lippi going to do with Totti anyway? I can't imagine that Lippi likes players who spit. I even believe that I Totti should do something like that again he won't be called up by Lippi.

And can Lippi make Totti reach his highest level? It's a known fact Lippi doesn't like Totti very much. But Italy without Totti at his very best won't be a contender for the WC. Unless Godot returns, but I doubt it :D.

why this doesn't surprise me?????

marwan

Oct 11, 2004
yeah lippi trained well the Italian team , but its always like this when a Star Player like (Del Piero,Totti,Vieri...)is injuried the team always lose
and that's what happened yesterday
hopefully they will win on Wensday

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
well,in my school EVERYONE knows that i support juve,so even the few juventinies there are there,they all come to me to ask me about results,matches ect!! :fero:

italian football isn't popular here either

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
i mean that because ppl know NOTHING about italian football,
and even the ones who support italian temas,they come to me to get informed!

and its very annoying because i need someone to get informed from too you know!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Luke 6:39

He also told them this parable: "Can a blind man lead a blind man? Will they not both fall into a pit?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)