Lippi admits: Juventus low on confidence (1 Viewer)

Aug 27, 2003
Lippi admits: Juventus low on confidence

Juventus were dumped out of the Champions League last night by Deportivo La Coruna.
Walter Pandiani struck early on, turning veteran Juve pair Ciro Ferrara and Paolo Montero inside-out, before blasting home just 12 minutes into the game.

Afterwards, Juve coach Marcello Lippi admitted: "We're going through a very difficult time. We started the game full of confidence, on the back of the win against Brescia, but the early goal has stunned us and we struggled to recover.

"There is a lack of assertiveness in our play and we have not made the best of our chances tonight. I did try to change the formation, marking Valeron, but also trying to focus on attack."

With AC Milan to face this weekend, Lippi added, "It's obviously not what we wanted going into such a game. But the strength of this squad is that whether we win or lose, the next game is always the most important. It's important we put tonight behind us as quickly as possible and push on."

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Buffon is lying.
It's probably more like he's exaggerating. The players probably aren't in a state of hysteria, but they're probably disappointed at being dumped out of the CL.

incomplex

Mar 2, 2004
maybe after years of success(except last year CL) the player lost the hunger for winning it can happen sometimes
player lost the motivation to excell

epitaph

Feb 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by incomplex ] ++
maybe after years of success(except last year CL) the player lost the hunger for winning it can happen sometimes
player lost the motivation to excell
wadabout next season then??

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Ian ] ++

It's probably more like he's exaggerating. The players probably aren't in a state of hysteria, but they're probably disappointed at being dumped out of the CL.
As much as we play the blame game, I think the players do it too. They too see what kinda defence we have and the strikers probably blame the defence, the defence blames the midfield, etc. IMO it's unavoidable.

Aug 1, 2003
I understand their trouble psyhologically against Deportivo, but honest, they should have done better in the 1st leg. Juve had every opportunity to change fates this year but we still have yet to see that.

Len

Feb 13, 2004
We should have scored in the first leg, it wold make it sooo much easier for the second leg! As we only needed a goal!

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
Buffon is lying.
or he it talking for himself.
he is doing ok and much better than any of our players....

the goals are never his fault and he is saving our asses many times...

god,i saw nedved's goal against brescia today!!

i was :eek: waw!!!!

nearly all players from both sides were in front of him,he was standing in the middle,alone....and...scored!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)