Ligue 1 2021-22 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
this is a childish act from sport organizations like FIFA, coz athletes have nothing to do with the war and it wont fix anything against war.
The argument against Russian athletes is firstly that very few, or practically none, will come out to denounce the war. For reasons of fear, ignorance, or blind, deluded patriotism. And secondly that any Russian sporting successes are seen as propaganda opportunities for the government. So whilst it's correct that relatively innocent people will be punished during this period, it's hardly to the same extent as Ukrainians. And if you're doing nothing you are essentially enabling it.

Last edited:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Siamak, sports and politics are intertwined, especially in totalitarian regimes. In Nazi Germany, USSR, China, athletes are weaponized as ambassadors of the state and its actions. Accepting these ambassadors on the international stage means accepting their state's actions. Furthermore, athletes amongst other public figures have a huge following and can very well impact the public opinion which could translate to real change.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That's an interesting take on current events @Osman what do you think?

I dont know what sources this dino guy is reading. But only ones attacking Somalia is al shabab, the bastard somali version of al qaida. Who are growing more powerful, taken over big parts of the country, and repeatedly suicide bomb any major city or gathering. They killed an uncle of mine few years ago in one of these.

The build up to this corrupt and divisive election has made the state operatus and general focus and security of the nation weaker (long period of politicians fully focused on getting elected instead of doing their jobs). Which means Al Shabab has grown stronger and bolder.

As a result US govt decided they will send troops on the ground to help train and prepare the (very sectarian) somali forces to combat shabab. But no us troops will he attacking anyone, most likely there just for that advisory and security role.

Main attacks us govt have done are specific air strikes on al shabab. A pure evil and barbaric terrorist organisation.

Its bizzare and news to me they would be attacking the country because of the election? The same election which had so little security against shabab, that the countries biggiest politicians had to huddle inside secured green zone to count their votes. Couldn't do it any where else. And despite that shabab was trying to shell the location.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
I dont know what sources this dino guy is reading. But only ones attacking Somalia is al shabab, the bastard somali version of al qaida. Who are growing more powerful, taken over big parts of the country, and repeatedly suicide bomb any major city or gathering. They killed an uncle of mine few years ago in one of these.

The build up to this corrupt and divisive election has made the state operatus and general focus and security of the nation weaker (long period of politicians fully focused on getting elected instead of doing their jobs). Which means Al Shabab has grown stronger and bolder.

As a result US govt decided they will send troops on the ground to help train and prepare the (very sectarian) somali forces to combat shabab. But no us troops will he attacking anyone, most likely there just for that advisory and security role.

Main attacks us govt have done are specific air strikes on al shabab. A pure evil and barbaric terrorist organisation.

Its bizzare and news to me they would be attacking the country because of the election? The same election which had so little security against shabab, that the countries biggiest politicians had to huddle inside secured green zone to count their votes. Couldn't do it any where else. And despite that shabab was trying to shell the location.
Thanks for the clarification. Sorry if my remark offended you somehow.
Well as we know, America = bad and everyone else = good.
Nobody is saying that, but certainly isn't opposite either. The world isn't black and white usually everything is in gray spectrum.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
It's very easy to blame religion or BLM for idiotic behavior which is my problem here with Gueye. The way I see it is that you can't do a law degree then next day be a judge; you need to go through the specific training, get the credentials, need years of successful cases, and be evaluated on your moral suitability before taking up that role. The flip side is that you can't properly evaluate the judge's rulings unless you have a similar background or level of knowledge because the judge will be able to justify their decision.

Here, Gueye is a graduate in his religion so yes, he wore a kit with beer and betting sponsors but he is in no way near judge level in religious understanding. At the same time, those who comment on how religion is destroying the world, etc. have zero level of understanding because they've not studied even to Gueye's level of understanding. Basically, criticise Gueye for his personal actions but don't be foolish and paint everyone with the same brush because it's a core characteristic of the evilest people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)