Life After Death (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Mac

Mac

Jul 11, 2002
  • Thread Starter #42
    Never heard of an InternetBar? Ok i made it up.

I thought people drank the same way no matter where they are drinking. I guess not.

Aug 1, 2003
    I believed in life after death because I chose to do so. It seems right to me somehow (and I'm not brainwashed, we are free to think whatever we want, I chose this ;) )

Besides even IF it doesn't exist, there's a good behind believing it does exist. Prophet Muhammad once said "work as you live forever and do deeds as if you'll die tomorrow"

I live by that :)

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    I never quite did understand man kinds obsession with afterlife. It seems to me that we're just incapable of accepting that it is over. There might be nothing there. Bang , you're dead get over it... Woot? no second level, this game sucks!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by sallyinzaghi ] ++
    Prophet Muhammad once said "work as you live forever and do deeds as if you'll die tomorrow"
    Oh, I thought that was Rich Mullins:

"Live like you'll die tomorrow. Die knowing you'll live forever. Love like you'll leave tomorrow knowing that love lasts forever."

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Mac ] ++
    I guess here is the only possible options:

Heaven: A place which is beautiful beyond our ability to conceive.
    Hell: A place where you are tormented and tortured by satan and his demons for eternity
    Annihilation: The body rots in the grave and is no more. Your soul and spirit ceases to exist.
    Reincarnation: Our soul and spirit are reborn into another living thing.

Each religion has different views on what happens after death.

As far as i know:

Catholic
    Believe in heaven, hell and Purgatory, a place where those who have sinned go where they are punished until they are purifed enough to enter heaven. Purgatory is a temportary place, hell is a permanent place for people who have commited a mortal sin.

Christian
    Different christian religions have different beliefs. The possibilitys being

1) After death the body decays and the person enters into a state of non-existance where they have no self-awareness. On the second coming of Jesus the dead are resurrected and judged, where it will be decided if they go to heaven or hell.

2) After death the soul leaves the body and is sent to a special kind of holding place. At the time of the second coming they are re-united with there bodies, then judged.

3) After death there is instant transfer of the soul to heaven or hell.

Muslim
    After death there is the possibility to go to 'Paradise'. Thats all i know.

---------------------------------------------------------
    Are these right?

And what do you believe in?
    Hey Mac you left out Hinduism?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Mac ] ++
    20 beers????????????

What the hell. People dont drink 20 beers.
    Maybe they (like over here) don't have pint glasses but the regular, much smaller ones.

I've been known to drink twenny o' those on one night. I think that's about 7 pints or something.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Maybe he's talking about shot glasses.

Man, I'd love to hear mikhail say "a pointa gennis" :D
    Yeah me too :D I tried that once - bartender asked me to "quit the Ally McCoist immitation already" :lazy:

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
    human beings are made incapable of answering many questions, our brain just cant go further than those questions like: How come the space doesnt end? or what was there before God swt?
    and one of these questions is: what is going to happen after we die and where would be our destination?....so dont bother urself thinking about it, those who dont believe in such things are referring to their minds and trying to figure out the answer, but they're not finding the solution that is realistic because our brain isnt capable of going further than this limit regardless of religions..

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    An important aspect of Hindu belief is the concept of karma. It is based on the principle that every action has it’s consequences, either positive or negative. On the basis of one’s actions his future existence in a transmigrated existence is determined. Hindus believe that each man is the determiner of his own fate. Every incident in his life, either good or bad, is the result of some previous action in a former life.

This belief is contingent upon belief in the immortal soul. The Hindus believe that every soul passes through many reincarnations. The goal is to unite with the supreme being, Brahman. As a result of the belief in Karma, Hindus tend to be fatalistic. They believe that one’s present status and condition are the result of a previous existence and are, therefore, deserved, be it either good or bad. Establishing a good record for himself during his present life, may help advance his station in the next life, but will not alter his present situation. As a result of this viewpoint, Hindus appear to be more accepting of their lot than do westerners.

The ultimate aim of the Hindu faith is to achieve Moksha. Moksha means liberation or release from the endless cycle of incarnations. This is the goal of all Hindus. The biggest event in the life of the Hindu is, in fact, his death. Moksha can be achieved by following the different margas or ways. The four margas are karma yoga (the way of action), Jnana yoga (the way of knowledge), bhakti yoga (the way of devotion) and Raja Yoga ( a method of special postures, methods of breathing, and rhythmical methods of breathing and repetition of the proper thought formulas).

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    i hope you bothered to read the rest of that post that you quoted. :rolleyes:
    Dunno about gray, but Majed I doubt you'd see the humour, if you were on the receiving end. :rolleyes:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)