Life affirming songs (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Paul Evans' "Happy Go Lucky Me" ... it's a classic goofball song and can be found on the soundtrack to the John Waters' movie Pecker. :thumb:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Dan ] ++
Post good songs which have a positive message and they dont whine on about how much it rains in manchester.
LOL alright what about Sportfreunde Stiller - Ein Kompliment. I really love that one.

Partly for the memories it carries

Geof

May 14, 2004
The Nature Anthem by Grandaddy.

Check out the lyrics:

I wanna walk up the side of the mountain/I wanna walk down the other side of the mountain/I wanna swim in the river and lie in the sun/I wanna try to be nice to everyone...

a bit hippie

OP
Dan

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by Geof ] ++
    The Nature Anthem by Grandaddy.

Check out the lyrics:

I wanna walk up the side of the mountain/I wanna walk down the other side of the mountain/I wanna swim in the river and lie in the sun/I wanna try to be nice to everyone...

a bit hippie

Yes, seems quite hippish. Im not such a fan of hippies now.

Menace

Apr 22, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by jaecole ] ++
    Lou Reed - Take a walk on the wild side

Is surely the number one of this particular chart ;)
    whats the postive message in this song master? never lose your head when your giving head? :D

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    Ive really been into happy-vibe songs lately. Been listening to Abba.

Artist to look out for: Badly Drawn Boy. Some English guy who makes some really sweet happy music. Made me tear once or twice.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Layce Erayce ] ++
    Artist to look out for: Badly Drawn Boy. Some English guy who makes some really sweet happy music. Made me tear once or twice.
    Though I don't think he's all that new per se. I first recall noticing him when he joined DJ Shadow and James Lavelle on a cut off UNKLE's brilliant Psyence Fiction album, and that was about 7 years ago. But that cut sounds nothing like his "regular" stuff -- which is quite good and earnest.

(Made me tear my pants once, but that could have been what I had for dinner. ;) )

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Max ] ++
    I'd say find anything from Iron and Wine. That's some good acoustic music, and it's positive.
    Sam Beams gig? Yep. Btw, I swear there's a song called "Iron & Wine" that he must have named it after.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Update: Thanks to Google, apparently he named it after some homeopathic remedy he found at a backwoods grocery store.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    Update: Thanks to Google, apparently he named it after some homeopathic remedy he found at a backwoods grocery store.
    :LOL:

Are you for real? :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)