Libya 2011 Demonstrations (6 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I bet Alex Jones can't place 3 Libyan cities on a map, so no, his opinion about Libya does not matter very much.

From day 1, i was opposed to a foreign military presence on Libyan soil, because i know how that ends. Refer to Iraq and Afghanistan. If you can't differentiate between the foreign intervention that is happening right now in Libya, and the "occupation" that happened in Iraq and Afghanistan, then i don't think this discussion can go further. But i know you aren't that stupid Andy, and i'm sure you know the difference between the two cases, but maybe you're just trying to mask your ignorance of the Libyan situation.

Now i said from the start, as a tax paying American citizen, its your right to oppose any kind of intervention in a foreign country. I don't blame you. But don't go throwing labels like "Al Qaeda sympathizers", thats just downright ignorance and baseless generalizations.
This could easily turn into an occupation scenario. The "rebels" don't seem to be able to handle the Ghaddafi forces, so the "boots on the ground" option appears to be coming more likely.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/he...eu-approves-possible-military-operation-libya

My "ignorance" of the Libyan situation, eh? Well, all I can do is read news articles and reports from the ground. I'm not there, like you are, I suppose. The report I posted above comes from the NATO chief, the alliance of forces that is participating in military actions against Ghaddafi. Are you claiming he's a conspiracy theorist while he supports your cause?

I guess you can take heart in knowing every war-mongering hick in America is right with you in saying, "blow them Iranians in Libya all to hell."

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I didn't say the NATO chief was a conspiracy theorist, he didn't say much anyway. He said that there were "flickers" in the intelligence reports, he's not even sure about it. Notice the huge difference between that and between the first link you posted which said that Libya was a haven for suicide bombers and extremists. It also said that the interim council was composed of radical Islamists and named Younis and Abdul Jaleel by the name, Staviridis on the other hand described the interim council as being composed of responsible men and women fighting the Gedaffi regime.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I'm not sure I follow. But now I guess you're backtracking.
Not backtracking at all. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to cut a deal with the devil. Still, i don't trust coalition forces enough to be ok with ground operations. So as long as you're hitting Gedaffi from the air, we have no problem with your intervention. We're not naive of course, we know that the intervention by coalition forces is nothing but the superpowers looking after their interests. It's just that we don't have a lot of options anyway.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I didn't say the NATO chief was a conspiracy theorist, he didn't say much anyway. He said that there were "flickers" in the intelligence reports, he's not even sure about it. Notice the huge difference between that and between the first link you posted which said that Libya was a haven for suicide bombers and extremists. It also said that the interim council was composed of radical Islamists and named Younis and Abdul Jaleel by the name, Staviridis on the other hand described the interim council as being composed of responsible men and women fighting the Gedaffi regime.
Do you even know what West Point is, Fred?

It's considered a credible place here, one of the most prestigious public institutions in the United States.

If you have an issue with their report, then you can always take it up with them.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Do you even know what West Point is, Fred?

It's considered a credible place here, one of the most prestigious public institutions in the United States.

If you have an issue with their report, then you can always take it up with them.
Seriously i will do that. I believe there are many inaccuracies in their report, very big ones in fact.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Not backtracking at all. Unfortunately, sometimes you have to cut a deal with the devil. Still, i don't trust coalition forces enough to be ok with ground operations. So as long as you're hitting Gedaffi from the air, we have no problem with your intervention. We're not naive of course, we know that the intervention by coalition forces is nothing but the superpowers looking after their interests. It's just that we don't have a lot of options anyway.
That :agree:

Even if they are looking for their own interests (which they are), I hope Libyans also benefit from their intervention.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Exaclty. But everything got fucked up ever since NATO took responsibility, it was so much better when it was Britain, the US and France. I don't want to get ahead of myself or anything, but the way NATO are being slow, the way they're dragging their heels on this whole thing, its almost like they have some kind of agenda.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
watching this whore's story Ebru Sanci with Seif Il islam..

Seif dated her for 3 years, and bought her houses here and there, and this whore lived with her in his palace.. She is telling these like it is some achievement :sergio:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I've never understand how women whose only talent/achievement is having their coos banged by powerful men develop such large egos.

Since when is getting a man to have sex with something an achievement?

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I've never understand how women whose only talent/achievement is having their coos banged by powerful men develop such large egos.

Since when is getting a man to have sex with something an achievement?
If you just listened to her for 10 seconds, you wouldn't ask this question. She is the dumbest girl I ever saw, she also said "My mother used to beat me everyday, with hard stuff ( Cables, wood etc..)" and she was laughing when telling it :sergio:

I think I am dumber than her to waste my 5 minutes watching her.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
And the US agrees to extended airstrikes an additional 48 hours for NATO.

Whatever happened to pulling out by Wednesday, Obama?
Well, there are two obvious reasons. First, he just announced his intent to run for re-election, so it means his campaign is starting. Showing force in Libya will help him, or at least that's what his people think. Second, the rebels are sucking balls at rebelling. Without international support, Libya will be a massacre and once again Europe needs someone to do their dirty business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)