Leonardo Spinazzola (5 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Spinazzola has ACL surgery
By Football Italia staff

Atalanta wing-back Leonardo Spinazzola, on loan from Juventus, has had surgery for a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

The Italy international had tests today at the Villa Stuart clinic that showed the injury to his right knee was worse than previously feared.

The medics found both a lesion to the anterior cruciate ligament and the medial meniscus, read a statement from Atalanta.

Spinazzola had surgery today and it remains to be seen how long he’ll be out for, but this type of injury usually requires four to six months out.

This could have a knock-on effect for Juventus, as Spinazzola's arrival was meant to clear the way for Kwadwo Asamoah or even Alex Sandro to leave Turin.

Only today there were reports Manchester United were close to a €50m deal for Alex Sandro.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't even know how to include him in my count. Not a Juve player per se, so do I start next seasons injury count already and include him? :lol:

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
How fucked
Most of his season will be down the toilet, goes to show how important it wouldve been if he got his way and moved last year

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Wow what a fucked up situation. Are we sure there's no foul play from Atalanta here? He was out for 2-3 months and only now they saw it was a torn ACL? He could have been half way to recovery already.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Wow what a fucked up situation. Are we sure there's no foul play from Atalanta here? He was out for 2-3 months and only now they saw it was a torn ACL? He could have been half way to recovery already.
It indeed does seem like we got screwed by them! :andy2:

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
I'm not sure this guy is Juve's material anyway, even as a backup. The need for a player from youth ranks on the lists should be a big reason we was brought in.

Expect hin to be 3rd option at either fullback position.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Spinazzola was operated by Professor Mariani at Villa Stuart in Rome. There's serious damage to the ACL and meniscus in his knee. He could take up to 6 months for full recovery

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
so we pretty much cannot count on him next season, will be back for the 2nd half of the season and that's when his Allegri grooming period starts. hope Asa stays, if he doesn't , we need 2 new LBs :sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)