Leonardo Spinazzola (6 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Too early to say. Italy actually have a lot of decent options there of a similar level - Spinazzola, De Sciglio, Emerson, Darmian. There is also Masina and Barreca, the latter I personally like. Apart from Darmian they are all 24-21 so the shirt is up for grabs.
I like Barreca too. He'll be a starting player for the U/21 at the Euro, yeah?

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
Too early to say. Italy actually have a lot of decent options there of a similar level - Spinazzola, De Sciglio, Emerson, Darmian. There is also Masina and Barreca, the latter I personally like. Apart from Darmian they are all 24-21 so the shirt is up for grabs.
I have no problems with this but do other national teams have as many oriundi as us? I understand a lot of players switch to Italy and end up not playing anyway but I'm just curious.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I like Barreca too. He'll be a starting player for the U/21 at the Euro, yeah?
Yeah for sure. Conti on the other side, Rugani and Caldara in the middle :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

I have no problems with this but do other national teams have as many oriundi as us? I understand a lot of players switch to Italy and end up not playing anyway but I'm just curious.
I think 2/3 of the Algeria squad at the last WC were born in France. Obvious reasons there. The Italian diaspora of the last 100 years and beyond is one of the largest, that's why you end up with the likes of Giuseppe Rossi, Vieri and all the Argentines and Brazilians.

You have the oil countries like Qatar who are essentially paying naturalised Brazilians to play for them.

There should be a distinction between oriundi and naturalised players, imo. Amauri on one hand, a guy called Emerson Palmieri on the other.

The US has had a fair amount in recent times, obvious reasons there. Switzerland also does, given it's quasi-country set up.

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
Damn, almost got it right, no Venezuelan there. Wasnt there one in your NT recently?
The Feltscher brothers are half swiss half venezuelan and they both decided to play for Venezuela (they wouldnt have made a game for switzerland though, not good enough)

But maybe you mean Vonlanthen, half colobian, he played for switzerland and made 2004 the record for beeing the youngest goalscorer on an European Championship. But he fucked up his career due to weird religious lifestyle, he joined a cult which didnt allowed him to play football on Saturday :shifty: ..later he needed money and made his comeback on the pitch, but failed everywhere. Moron. :lol:

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
The Feltscher brothers are half swiss half venezuelan and they both decided to play for Venezuela (they wouldnt have made a game for switzerland though, not good enough)

But maybe you mean Vonlanthen, half colobian, he played for switzerland and made 2004 the record for beeing the youngest goalscorer on an European Championship. But he fucked up his career due to weird religious lifestyle, he joined a cult which didnt allowed him to play football on Saturday :shifty: ..later he needed money and made his comeback on the pitch, but failed everywhere. Moron. :lol:
I couldnt remember that one player whos name starts with a C, had to look at the WC 2006 squad, its Cabanas. Thought hes half spanish, half Venezuelan, but wasnt the case it seems :D. Also found Xavier Margairaz, doesent say anything about where hes from :shifty:

Wittl

Contributor
Feb 21, 2017
I couldnt remember that one player whos name starts with a C, had to look at the WC 2006 squad, its Cabanas. Thought hes half spanish, half Venezuelan, but wasnt the case it seems :D. Also found Xavier Margairaz, doesent say anything about where hes from :shifty:
Yes Cabanas has spanish parents.
Margairaz is swiss. He's from the french speaking part of Switzerland. The name Margairaz is not very common, but it's swiss. Xavier though is a common name, especially in the french part and in France.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Yes Cabanas has spanish parents.
Margairaz is swiss. He's from the french speaking part of Switzerland. The name Margairaz is not very common, but it's swiss. Xavier though is a common name, especially in the french part and in France.
Then there is no Venezuelan Swiss? Fuck!

- - - Updated - - -

Best swiss footballer ever:

2nd place goes to Ciriaco Sforza.
Sforza :tuttosport:

- - - Updated - - -

Sforza, Henchoz and Chapuisat, trio fantastico de suisso

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Great. What kind of player is Spinazzola? I see he used to be a CM so I guess he's an allround fullback? Looks decent going forward, if he can defend he looks very interesting. Especially now that he's already in our books.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Great. What kind of player is Spinazzola? I see he used to be a CM so I guess he's an allround fullback? Looks decent going forward, if he can defend he looks very interesting. Especially now that he's already in our books.
I don't remember him as ever being a CM, he was a right midfielder/winger, even an attacking winger when I watched him at times for the Primavera, found his way to the left and then left wing back and now left back. Real Zambrotta transition.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I don't remember him as ever being a CM, he was a right midfielder/winger, even an attacking winger when I watched him at times for the Primavera, found his way to the left and then left wing back and now left back. Real Zambrotta transition.
They say on VS that he can play right back as well, is this a myth? He is completely left footed

Then again I used to tear it up playing left back as a completely right footed player ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)