Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
There’s a pretty simple solution. Have a press conference with Bonehead, Allegri, Keane and Nedved.

Have a non moron write a supporting statement for Bonehead. Bonehead reads it, Allegri echoes, Keane nods/looks pleased, Nedved declares a need to end racism in Serie A and announces a substantial donation to some group that wants to kick racism out of football.
The American salesman PR way would never work in Italy.

It's easier to pretend it never happend (as they are doing by having zero sanctions against Cagliari fans) and blame it anyone who highlight it, including and especially the ones who get abused by racists.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Buy on AliExpress.com

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Just this bit, everything else you've already pointed out.

It would have been better if he just kept to the scripts.
:tup:

I missed the first part of the quote. You’re right, it was a very unfortunate thing to say in public right after the incident even if he continued immediately to say these idiots should be banned for life.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Not sure I follow the hysterics here....

Uh, no. There's a difference between being a racist and being a racist apologist. And then there's also a difference between being a racist apologist and saying not to stir sh*t up with the opposing fans.

They basically scripted Boner's Instagram post.

I don't see it that way at all. What makes you think that is that you're taking the position that Kean should be beyond reproach, beyond criticism, and divorced from any consequences.

Yes, the emphasis should have been on Cagliari's fans. But an attitude that their fans somehow enable Kean to react any way he wishes, as some on social media have claimed, actually dehumanizes Kean and robs him of any agency as a human being. He is treated as a thoughtless cow incapable of managing his impulses and is given no margin to show the potential ability to elevate himself. It was not the time or place for either Allegri or Bonucci to open their mouths publicly on what should have been in private, but here we are.
I don’t know man. If Keane doesn’t react, it almost normalizes that sort of behavior from fans. I thought Keane’s reaction was as good as it gets, scores a goal and then goes all Maximus.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The American salesman PR way would never work in Italy.

It's easier to pretend it never happend (as they are doing by having zero sanctions against Cagliari fans) and blame it anyone who highlight it, including and especially the ones who get abused by racists.

That shit works worldwide bro. Italy doesn’t really matter in this case as Juventus is a worldwide club. You would think they would want to be viewed as above the ugliness.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I don’t know man. If Keane doesn’t react, it almost normalizes that sort of behavior from fans. I thought Keane’s reaction was as good as it gets, scores a goal and then goes all Maximus.
Yeah. I don’t see Kean’s reaction as bad at all. It was about as calm a reaction as one could ask for in such a situation, even more so for a 19 year old kid. I thought it showed a lot of intelligence and composure while dealing with such disgraceful chants.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
That shit works worldwide bro. Italy doesn’t really matter in this case as Juventus is a worldwide club. You would think they would want to be viewed as above the ugliness.
I know it should work, but it doesnt even register for them in Italy, their false or fragile sense of identity doesnt even allow them to acknowledge it's a problem. And as world wide as Juve are, they are a product of their country too.

You know what's insane ? A friend who lives over there is telling me literally most of the Italian papers are indirectly blaming Kean, not even in a subtle way (which is why most of the backlash on Bonucci is from international scene). Bonucci is an idiot but his clumsy apathy to the issue is product of his environment basically.

Same papers or media is prolly Chiellini is saying he doesnt get why they trying to frame Kean as a provocateur.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I know it should work, but it doesnt even register for them in Italy, their false or fragile sense of identity doesnt even allow them to acknowledge it's a problem. And as world wide as Juve are, they are a product of their country too.

You know what's insane ? A friend who lives over there is telling me literally most of the Italian papers are indirectly blaming Kean, not even in a subtle way (which is why most of the backlash on Bonucci is from international scene). Bonucci is an idiot but his clumsy apathy to the issue is product of his environment basically.

Same papers or media is prolly Chiellini is saying he doesnt get why they trying to frame Kean as a provocateur.

Yeah, its immediately evident where his stupidity comes from.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Scoring a goal was the best reaction. And he definitely kept it pretty chill, considering. But I don't agree with some of the sentiment that he should celebrate however way he wants. He's perfectly entitled to do so, but not without responsibility nor repercussions. People can come so much to Kean's rightful defense that they are ready to infantilize him.

Yeah. I don’t see Kean’s reaction as bad at all. It was about as calm a reaction as one could ask for in such a situation, even more so for a 19 year old kid. I thought it showed a lot of intelligence and composure while dealing with such disgraceful chants.
Yes, it was. But note here we're talking about Kean again and not talking about Cagliari fans, which really needs to be the focus.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Some of our black legends should speak up. Im talking Davids, Trezeguet etc. The aim is to denormalise this amongst those who hold these players with immense love and respect. Of course the bigger proponent is the club but i feel that bus has long passed.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The racism in Italian stands is so normalized @swag that the news is the idiotic statement of Bonucci and Kean being grilled for standing infront of said racists. The actual offenders are trivialized to the point they not even worth talking about much let alone punishing them. That's telling in itself.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Some of our black legends should speak up. Im talking Davids, Trezeguet etc. The aim is to denormalise this amongst those who hold these players with immense love and respect. Of course the bigger proponent is the club but i feel that bus has long passed.
Thuram called out Bonucci.

And celebration is a part of scoring goals. There’s no such thing as a repercussion for celebrating.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
The racism in Italian stands is so normalized @swag that the news is the idiotic statement of Bonucci and Kean being grilled for standing infront of said racists. The actual offenders are trivialized to the point they not even worth talking about much let alone punishing them. That's telling in itself.

They actually confirmed they won't ban Cagliari's curva, they said it wasn't racist simply jeers. The monkey noises were absolutely deafening, this is embarrassing

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

We really shouldn't be talking about Allegri and Bonucci, but Cagliari. As you said, Osman...

They actually confirmed they won't ban Cagliari's curva, they said it wasn't racist simply jeers. The monkey noises were absolutely deafening, this is embarrassing
That is the worst part of all of this story. Bonucci's idiocy is gravy.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
No, some of our legends should speak up, no matter of the skin color. ADP, for example, is a god amongst men, his voice would be heard.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
No, some of our legends should speak up, no matter of the skin color. ADP, for example, is a god amongst men, his voice would be heard.
Of course he should too but its not the same when it comes from someone of the same colour. They need to realise that these players who they loved, sang for, adored, masturbated over share the same colour as kean and thats normal.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Scoring a goal was the best reaction. And he definitely kept it pretty chill, considering. But I don't agree with some of the sentiment that he should celebrate however way he wants. He's perfectly entitled to do so, but not without responsibility nor repercussions. People can come so much to Kean's rightful defense that they are ready to infantilize him.

Yes, it was. But note here we're talking about Kean again and not talking about Cagliari fans, which really needs to be the focus.
Agreed. And that’s the most annoying and sad part of this entire thing. Bash Bonucci all you want, but these morons in the British press have not said a word about Cagliari fans, the president and coach bashing Kean as lacking respect, etc.

They have zeroed in on Bonucci’s comments 100%. Same deal with guys like Balotelli and Toure.

Bonucci is a moron, and deserves to be castigated for his response, but let’s not put the cart before the horse and entirely ignore those actually engaging in racial abuse because a moron said some stupid shit afterwards.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 75)