Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Yes - every Italian. Like racism, sure you've heard of that. How vague is to call everyone racist, compared with joking that Balo and Kean got a lot more money than they can count? Yeah... not so much.

Can you back up your theory that this is 'Levying an accusation' and not 'voicing an opinion' at all? Nevermind - I don't think you care.
@GordoDeCentral
He is clearly trolling at this point.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
If Bonucci was black, I doubt he'd be quoting 50% numbers out of his ass like that though.
Agreed.

Like @Cerval said, stuff like this enables actual racists. And if Bonucci had a history of such comments, I’d likely not give him the benefit of the doubt in assuming his comment was just the thoughtless comment of a moron instead of the vile, malicious comment of a racist.

To me, it sounds like Bonucci with his big ego was trying to teach his young teammate, but chose a ridiculously stupid way to do it. First of all, get a brain and realize that racial abuse is obviously not the victim’s fault... and second, don’t criticize your own teammate in the media for celebrating a goal.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Well what Bonucci Is basically saying is don't give these asshats the time if day. They were being idiots all game and for him to score and then stand there at their curva with his arm outstretched is a bit Balotelli. Don't let them get to you ignore them. If they see they're getting to you they will be worse. So what he is saying is if he would have celebrated with his team mates instead of pushing away to go shove it in their face , he in turn would have been the bigger man and showed them up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Exactly.
I dont know why is so difficult for people to interpret this. I dont think bonucci has an issue in any way with kean, for him to blame kean.

If anything, what he means is that kean and any other black player, should ignore those cavemen and focus on the game and his teammates. Standing in front of them to “send a message” is just trying to fight violence with more violence. The deferation and the club boards are the ones who should actively fight racism, not forcing the players to take the matter in their hands.
Even when kean just stood there, it was a clear defiant intention.

What bonucci fuked up, is that he used the wrong words and even said “blame". He fucked up his message.

Jun 6, 2015
What Bonucci said is obviously stupid and ignorant, he should have supported Kean and condemned the racist Cagliari fans. However the attention he is getting for his comments is completely out of proportion. The focus should be on those Cagliari fans and how to get rid of that kind behavior in the stands. The fans weren't chanting racist chants because of Bonucci or because of Kean, those fans are simply racist.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
What Bonucci said is obviously stupid and ignorant, he should have supported Kean and condemned the racist Cagliari fans. However the attention he is getting for his comments is completely out of proportion. The focus should be on those Cagliari fans and how to get rid of that kind behavior in the stands. The fans weren't chanting racist chants because of Bonucci or because of Kean, those fans are simply racist.
It's indeed kind of sad that there's no focus on Cagliari. This is getting out of proportion because he's a public figure and his words carry more than simple fans

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
There was nothing wrong with what Kean did, if anything he should’ve gestured something at the Curva. What Italy needs to do is stop games and fine teams when racist abuse happens, not ask Bonucci what he thinks.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Agreed.

Like @Cerval said, stuff like this enables actual racists. And if Bonucci had a history of such comments, I’d likely not give him the benefit of the doubt in assuming his comment was just the thoughtless comment of a moron instead of the vile, malicious comment of a racist.

To me, it sounds like Bonucci with his big ego was trying to teach his young teammate, but chose a ridiculously stupid way to do it. First of all, get a brain and realize that racial abuse is obviously not the victim’s fault... and second, don’t criticize your own teammate in the media for celebrating a goal.
Enabling racists is a big issue here too. Once you get someone pulling a Trump at Charlottesville, you've given legitimacy to people to act like racists and claim there is nothing wrong with it. Next thing idiot sh*tburgers start crawling out of the sewers thinking it's open season.

And I think you're right. Bonucci is only thinking about his locker room when he really is being looked at for a statement about Italian society at large. He's clueless about how this is viewed and the role he's playing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It's indeed kind of sad that there's no focus on Cagliari. This is getting out of proportion because he's a public figure and his words carry more than simple fans
But then the Cagliari president, coach and club came out with their absurd statement as well, right? So why that is being ignored is pretty strange.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, most of the news quotes I see here in Portugal do talk more about Cagliari with Bonucci's comments more of a footnote.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
But then the Cagliari president, coach and club came out with their absurd statement as well, right? So why that is being ignored is pretty strange.
It's indeed pretty wrong. But I think it's because Bonucci has a higher profile. If Genoa was the main contender in Italy then they'd be thrown more under the bus

- - - Updated - - -

Well, most of the news quotes I see here in Portugal do talk more about Cagliari with Bonucci's comments more of a footnote.
Better reporting than say, BBC.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Enabling racists is a big issue here too. Once you get someone pulling a Trump at Charlottesville, you've given legitimacy to people to act like racists and claim there is nothing wrong with it. Next thing idiot sh*tburgers start crawling out of the sewers thinking it's open season.

And I think you're right. Bonucci is only thinking about his locker room when he really is being looked at for a statement about Italian society at large. He's clueless about how this is viewed and the role he's playing.
His cluelessness is why I worry he won’t be issuing a proper apology as quickly as he should. Mistakes happen, but it would be nice if he was willing to own up to it and apologize publicly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 145)