Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

tosh_rose

Aug 21, 2010
Those two little girls that wrote this "opinion" probably mean that he has only one cap this year (2017), which according to wikipedia is correct. Being on the edge of 30 and getting transfered to another club not for a big sum is their view of a player who is a question mark. For example, 50 milion John Stones has to be a top 3 defender in Europe, probably...

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Summer:

"Lol. So overrated among Juve fans."

Losing to Barca missing five starters, a new defender and non of the new players integrated to the team:

"We're missing him. Big mistake selling him. Our team is nothing this season."

Tuz logic :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Our loss was disgraceful, though. One goal down and I actually thought we would concede 4-5 goals, cause this team has looked horrible defending But we looked much better than I expected in the first half. I think it would have been a much more even game, if we didn't concede that last minute goal. It wasn't comparable to the Real game.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Our loss was disgraceful, though. One goal down and I actually thought we would concede 4-5 goals, cause this team has looked horrible defending But we looked much better than I expected in the first half. I think it would have been a much more even game, if we didn't concede that last minute goal. It wasn't comparable to the Real game.
Different than the Real game in the aspect of crumble. I think that had Real scored their second late in the first half, we would have reacted differently to it after the break. What annoys me about that final is that we started to see them run us over late in the first but we did not react to it and let them continue their flow and the timing of their second goal couldn't come in a worse time. It was so crucial for them and so devastating for us. The game against barca saw us play a well balanced first half and their late goal saw us crumble, the reason that we could not do what is needed during the break is that because we simply did not have options. We are still not mature enough, something that we got used to so early in the season with Allegri.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Different than the Real game in the aspect of crumble. I think that had Real scored their second late in the first half, we would have reacted differently to it after the break. What annoys me about that final is that we started to see them run us over late in the first but we did not react to it and let them continue their flow and the timing of their second goal couldn't come in a worse time. It was so crucial for them and so devastating for us. The game against barca saw us play a well balanced first half and their late goal saw us crumble, the reason that we could not do what is needed during the break is that because we simply did not have options. We are still not mature enough, something that we got used to so early in the season with Allegri.
I completely agree.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Such a frustrating match. They were better, but the deflected goals, and the knocks to Mandzukic and Pjanic sure didn't help.

Maybe the team would have reacted better mentally if they'd scored their second in the first half, I think you're right about that. Unfortunately, we still probably didn't have a deep enough team to deal with those injuries. Our midfield is still quite thin, and it's tough to play a formation where you really have no suitable back up attackers, against the best teams in the world. For that foursome, we really had no legitimate substitutes at all. Nobody on the bench to stretch the field, or offer some poise on the ball, and definitely totally outclassed in midfield. Their high press just ruined us.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Such a frustrating match. They were better, but the deflected goals, and the knocks to Mandzukic and Pjanic sure didn't help.

Maybe the team would have reacted better mentally if they'd scored their second in the first half, I think you're right about that. Unfortunately, we still probably didn't have a deep enough team to deal with those injuries. Our midfield is still quite thin, and it's tough to play a formation where you really have no suitable back up attackers, against the best teams in the world. For that foursome, we really had no legitimate substitutes at all. Nobody on the bench to stretch the field, or offer some poise on the ball, and definitely totally outclassed in midfield. Their high press just ruined us.
Depth was our biggest problem and as you said the knocks on Pjanic and Mandzukic didn't help. This is exactly why my theory is that we could have coped better with them taking the lead before half time. If it were inevitable that they take the lead a second time. The time their second goal came in left us in a way that we cannot sub key players like those two and extremely worn off to be able to get over that obstacle. At half time I think it could have been worked out with both the players and the coach.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Depth was our biggest problem and as you said the knocks on Pjanic and Mandzukic didn't help. This is exactly why my theory is that we could have coped better with them taking the lead before half time. If it were inevitable that they take the lead a second time. The time their second goal came in left us in a way that we cannot sub key players like those two and extremely worn off to be able to get over that obstacle. At half time I think it could have been worked out with both the players and the coach.
Yeah, I agree. If we'd been down at half, it would have given the team a chance to to regroup, then maybe Max and the players could have worked through the mental part a little, and come up with some better strategies to deal with the press, etc.

It was so tough to watch everybody's head just drop during the biggest moment of the season, when the ultimate goal is so close. That second goal came, nobody to sub-in, and no way to disrupt that Madrid momentum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)