Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
I don't want to bitch , I don't want to sound like hater , but man he made 2 mistakes, but thanks god Suarez missed both of them , anyway I'll stfu .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Commentators were lavishing praise on how he was in balance with Chiellini.

One always stepping out, the other knowing how to hold the line and oh how good they were

Suarez is a great player, yet despite him getting on a great pass besides bonucci, he kept close enough that allowed Buffon to save it

Dec 26, 2004
Commentators were lavishing praise on how he was in balance with Chiellini.

One always stepping out, the other knowing how to hold the line and oh how good they were

Suarez is a great player, yet despite him getting on a great pass besides bonucci, he kept close enough that allowed Buffon to save it
FFS you are trying to praise a player for allowing a one-one situation with Buffon.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
He couldnt do anything, Messi sends suares on speed past him, but he kept composed and made finishing difficult
How is no one talking about that insane buffon save tho
He let Suarez slipped past him before that, luckily Suarez wasn't able to handle quite simple ball from Mascherano and Buffon saved it. Bonucci played a decent game, but in this two moments he made a positioning mistake. No need to sugar-coat it.

Mar 3, 2014
You can't expect perfection out of him. We're talking about him defending one of the best strikers in the world. If Higuain did that to Pique, would we say Pique screwed up? No. We'd praise Higuain. Sometimes good players find ways to create opportunities, but fortunately he made it difficult enough that it wasn't a clean shot.

Apr 19, 2007
So do you think that getting a clean sheet in a game is down to the other team or that we can give them no good chances? Getting a 1v1 is different than keeping them to long shots or bad angles. Its a mistake and any defender would tell you that. Luckily our defenders dont let it happen very much even against the most talented strikers such as Suarez

Mar 3, 2014
So do you think that getting a clean sheet in a game is down to the other team or that we can give them no good chances? Getting a 1v1 is different than keeping them to long shots or bad angles. Its a mistake and any defender would tell you that. Luckily our defenders dont let it happen very much even against the most talented strikers such as Suarez
A bit of both - obvious if you play a very strong positional game, the chances of getting scored on are much lower, but sometimes remarkable players do impressive things even with good positional play. Strong positional play ensures that it happens very rarely, but there are times when a player will make a slight mistake, or a great player will do something remarkable that even the best defenders will have trouble dealing with. It's not black and white. At least that's how I think of it.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
You can't expect perfection out of him. We're talking about him defending one of the best strikers in the world. If Higuain did that to Pique, would we say Pique screwed up? No. We'd praise Higuain. Sometimes good players find ways to create opportunities, but fortunately he made it difficult enough that it wasn't a clean shot.
I don't expect perfection, but he did make couple of positioning mistakes, why sugar-coat it, and we were a little lucky Suarez didn't score. It's not the end of the world and there is maybe no defender in the world who can completely shut down Suarez (except Chiello in his game boots).

Mar 3, 2014
I don't expect perfection, but he did make couple of positioning mistakes, why sugar-coat it, and we were a little lucky Suarez didn't score. It's not the end of the world and there is maybe no defender in the world who can completely shut down Suarez (except Chiello in his game boots).
That's exactly it. Sometimes skill forces mistakes, and Suarez has a lot of it. We did quite well against MSN.

- - - Updated - - -

He has come up leaps and bounds since 2010-11. He may not be flawless like Barzagli or the ruggedness and sheer strength of Chiellini but his distribution is impeccable and he is an all round solid defender most of the time.
He used to be everyone's favourite whipping boy. Bon Bon is used affectionately now, but was initially used to ridicule.

Kopanja

Jul 30, 2015
That's exactly it. Sometimes skill forces mistakes, and Suarez has a lot of it. We did quite well against MSN.
We did indeed, no one doubts it. I just was pointing that Bonbon did make couple of mistakes, not because he is some kind of Ogbonna, but because Suarez is great and beat Leo couple of times. At the same time yesterdays Chiello imo would not have made the same errors. But Chiello lives for such kind of mano o mano battles, it's his bread and butter, while Leo has much wider set of responsibilities.
I was more irritated with Alves error on Iniesta's moment, Iniesta is no speed demon and there was no one around except him in Alves zone, and Dani still allowed him one on one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 239)