Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Basically Zapata's bottom bitch entirely on physical terms.

God knows how he would fare if he went to EPL and exposed to face Lukaku, Diego Costa etc 1 o 1. Just bulldoze his soft lazy style of marking.
It's just mind-boggling how he refrains from tackling. How many times has Chiellini been in same situation as Bonehead was on the goal, just to do an impeccable tackle both on the ball and the player and kill the threat before it gets more serious? This guy on the other hand, holds back from tackling until it's way too close to our goal, and way too late.
He Had a decisive tackle on Udine's counter in the second half though. But, those are very few and far in between.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't know. I can't understand how people don't see a difference with him as a sweeper and as a stopper. Clear difference.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Should Rugani be a starter? What say you? :D
For me, Rugani is already better than Chiellini. So he should start in that respect regardless.

If he starts over Bonucci in a 4 man back line, I'll say that I don't think we lose much, if anything. As a sweeper though, Bonucci is still clearly preferred for me.

Mar 30, 2006
We're so selling his ass to bring in Tolisso and Sanchez.
If somehow we could pull that off it would be dumb not to. We lose nothing with Rugani stepping in for Bonucci but gain so much from Alexis and Tolisso. Much better team with that move. Everyone is so sentimental though so would argue it would not improve the team. Alexis alone would be a huge improvement

sgjuveboy

Oct 31, 2012
If somehow we could pull that off it would be dumb not to. We lose nothing with Rugani stepping in for Bonucci but gain so much from Alexis and Tolisso. Much better team with that move. Everyone is so sentimental though so would argue it would not improve the team. Alexis alone would be a huge improvement
I would suggest we don't sign Alexis Sanchez. Instead, we should sign Alexis Texas.

You are welcome

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Yup. If someone last year offered me Higuain and Pjanic in/Pogba out I would have taken it without blinking. It's same in this case.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Long-term yes, but we've already seen that Higuain is the better and more impactful player when in comes to short-term.
maybe, but without Pogba we have a barely functioning midfield while without Higuain we still had a monster attack with Dybala-Mandz. besides, there's the long term argument, in 4-5 years Higuain will be a freebie or close to it while Pogba will still be worth lots of cash

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
maybe, but without Pogba we have a barely functioning midfield while without Higuain we still had a monster attack with Dybala-Mandz. besides, there's the long term argument, in 4-5 years Higuain will be a freebie or close to it while Pogba will still be worth lots of cash
No. We needed a real bomber and Higuain is just that. Not dybala nor Mandz can score like Higuain does.

About Pogba:

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
the void Pogba left in our midfield is way bigger than the upgrade Higuain gave to our attack, I seriously think last year and the year before that we were better equipped to win CL than this year. However, if we do win it this year (fingers crossed), I'll eat my words.

Pogba still is an idiot and I hope he fails miserably at ManUtd though, I think we can agree on that

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
It all comes to the point of what we need...
Dybala Morata Mandzukic was a good attack (not the Barcelona or Real attack but still a good one) the thing that made it look better was a great midfield!
Our midfield has been weaken while our attack has been upgraded! - What happens is - Because Pjanic as good as he is - is not Pogba our midfield is weakened in terms of physicality and in terms of quality which makes our attack look less good than a midfield with Pogba would..
On the other hand Higuain makes our attack stronger..

What happens is that our attack is overall probably stronger but our midfield is much weaker than it was...

If we could reverse the situation and get Pogba and Morata for Higuain and $ Id be all for it even if Id like a more prolific scorer than Morata...

- - - Updated - - -

the void Pogba left in our midfield is way bigger than the upgrade Higuain gave to our attack, I seriously think last year and the year before that we were better equipped to win CL than this year. However, if we do win it this year (fingers crossed), I'll eat my words.

Pogba still is an idiot and I hope he fails miserably at ManUtd though, I think we can agree on that
:agree:
We were better equipped but the thing is that we are more lethal and it is a different weapon!
Even if we win I`d still say the same - Last year Juve were better and not always the best team wins!
P.S our best Juve to date was the one of Allegri`s first season with Tevez and MVP

Right now the best equipped team to win it (in this order) are:
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid
PSG
Juve

Yes we are 5th for now as I think PSG are better positioned on the field than our tries to skip the midfield by passing it forward to 4 forwards...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Right now the best equipped team to win it (in this order) are:
Real Madrid
Bayern Munich
Atletico Madrid
PSG
Juve

Yes we are 5th for now as I think PSG are better positioned on the field than our tries to skip the midfield by passing it forward to 4 forwards...
Yeh, is kind of that. Their attack is by no means weak, and they have an stellar player in verrati comanding the midfield. We need to improve our midfield seriously.

About Pogba.. i think the issue was not selling him...as current Pogba, even with his talent.. is replaceable because he is not fulfilling his true potential. Any Tolisso kind of buy would fix his absence right away, even when Pogba is the more skilled player.

The real issue was not buying someone with his characteristics or workrate at least. Thats why we are not ok. Rincon seems to be able to put the workload.. but he is not getting minutes for some reason.

This summer we need to finish the team for once...

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I would probably put us 3rd. I understand the reasons as to why anyone would think we're 5th. Either way, the expectations are higher so unless if we draw one of the clubs mentioned there's no reason why we shouldn't progress to semis.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 82)