• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
yes.

ask yourselves this, would you trust bonucci in a one on on challenge againt a decent attacker? the answer is no. If you said yes, you are delusional
I wouldn't trust Pepe, Ramos, Hummels, Pique, Caceras, Mascherano, De Mechilis, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Rio ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Phil Jones, Skrtel, Terry, Vertonghen, Dawson, Albiol, Toure, Rannochia, Alex, Juan Jesus, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermalean and current form Kompany either...

There arent many proper center backs in the world. We are lucky to have two of the world's best in Chiellini and Barzagli. There are very few defenders at their level today.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
I wouldn't trust Pepe, Ramos, Hummels, Pique, Caceras, Mascherano, De Mechilis, David Luiz, Gary Cahill, Rio ferdinand, Vidic, Evans, Phil Jones, Skrtel, Terry, Vertonghen, Dawson, Albiol, Toure, Rannochia, Alex, Juan Jesus, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Vermalean and current form Kompany either...

There arent many proper center backs in the world. We are lucky to have two of the world's best in Chiellini and Barzagli. There are very few defenders at their level today.
Thats a ridiculous list.So many debatable options.

And whats Koscielny and Mertesacker doing there ? :lol: They're probably one of the best CB pairings in Europe right now.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Thats a ridiculous list.So many debatable options.

And whats Koscielny and Mertesacker doing there ? :lol: They're probably one of the best CB pairings in football right now.
One of them is extremely error prone and the second one has poor positioning and is as slow as a turtle. Arsenal's defense is good because the midfield controls the game almost always. They are like Barcelona in this regard. Also I am not saying Bonbon is better than the names listed here I am only saying none of them (including bonnucci) is as reliable as Barzagli and Chiellini.

Hummels, Pique, Luiz, and vertonghen for instance are terrible defenders they are just good in their attacking play like bonucci.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I still cannot believe how there are peeps here who really think Bonucci is good as a defender, or even worst.. they justify the money wasted on him.

You have never seen what a quality CB really is?.

Thuram and ferrara on their prime would poop on him , and im not even mentioning the bests of the bests of the game.

The guy is a fukin disaster.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Your post = :lol:

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
One of them is extremely error prone and the second one has poor positioning and is as slow as a turtle. Arsenal's defense is good because the midfield controls the game almost always. They are like Barcelona in this regard. Also I am not saying Bonbon is better than the names listed here I am only saying none of them (including bonnucci) is as reliable as Barzagli and Chiellini.

Hummels, Pique, Luiz, and vertonghen for instance are terrible defenders they are just good in their attacking play like bonucci.

What are you talking about ? :lol: This is such a horribly ignorant post.Mertesacker's positioning is probably one of his best traits and his lack of pace is made up by Koscielny who has developed into a legit beast defender in the past season or so.Maybe he might be a bit of a reckless tackler,but he's an excellent defender no doubt.Mertesacker and Koscielny compliment each other very well and no wonder Arsenal have the best defensive record in the league.

And Arsenal arent as possession oriented as Barca for instance nowadays.They seem to have sacrifised style for results.

Also if the likes of Hummels and Vertonghen are described as 'terrible' defenders,i dont know what describes Bonucci then..

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Always amusing to see this.

I love/hate certain Italian players. It's not about love or hate, it's about rating a player highly or thinking he's not good enough.

I actually rate pretty high players like Buffon, Chiellini, Barzagli, De Rossi (4 years ago and this season), Pirlo, Rossi. I don't think they have a good generation at the moment considering the players in the middle and attack. I used to rate Del Piero, Totti, Zambrotta, Nesta, Cannavaro, Cassano, Camo, Inzaghi and many, many other players. People say I hate Italian players because I point out how (I think) Ranocchia, Bonucci, Montolivo, Nocerino, Criscito, Abate, Gila, Borriello and others are not good enough, not for Juve. They are just a bunch of mediocre players IMO. This new group of youth players (in Italian NT) seems very promising, though.

But if you or anyone else think that's hate towards players, be my guest and stick with that opinion.

As for philosophical posts I don't see the relation in this case at all. I used to think the same about those players even years back when you were not around, so reading some books certainly didn't change my opinion of football players.
I just love how all the experts here use the word mediocre to describe anything from a completely useless idiot like Boriello, to a good player like Bonucci.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
yes.

ask yourselves this, would you trust bonucci in a one on on challenge againt a decent attacker? the answer is no. If you said yes, you are delusional
Hmm, decent attacker like Pinilla? :D

I still cannot believe how there are peeps here who really think Bonucci is good as a defender, or even worst.. they justify the money wasted on him.

Thuram and ferrara on their prime would poop on him , and im not even mentioning the bests of the bests of the game.

lol, bro your yardstick is a bit unfair to the player.

JBF

اختك يا زمن
Aug 5, 2006

There's so much wrong in this post Hist, I don't even know where to begin bro.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

Sure, good posting.

- - - Updated - - -

Can't see the humor in it. The love for Bonucci by some people is breaking all barriers. I even read on Marotta's thread by our dear mod JJ that he was well worth 15m, his high ratings by some ignorant journo justified his price tag lol, well he simply wasn't worth 15, not then, and certainly not now. We'll never recoup the money spent on him, this guy is hopelessly mediocre. I had high hopes for him when he first arrived but you learn to let it go, accept the reality; mediocre, error prone CB with good passing ability. Having said that I kinda agree with Klin, while we're playing 3 men defense, sadly, this guy will start.
Ratings across the board, but please, continue your vendetta and revisionist history.

Emmet

Apr 5, 2006
People shouldn't hate him, he seems to really love Juve, but the man is just a mediocre defender, great with the ball at his feet though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 465)