Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
It all depends, but I really think people here are stuck in the perception that Bonucci from 10/11 & early 11/12 is still playing for Juve. The guy is a changed player. Furthermore, when push comes to shove he is one of the first to step forward and dig in, incredibly important. Look at the way he handled his business (in a 4 man backline) in the 2nd Madrid game. Flawless. His antics in the Bayern games last season was one of the most memorable things from those games.

Buy on AliExpress.com

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
that's pretty cheap considering he cost 15m. should be about 25m judging by other transfers.
i agree. even though he's not world class he's massively improved and is on par with a lot of top CBs out there. and like others said, he's still fairly young. 25 should be appropriate. but i doubt we're selling him.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Bonucci will be one of the best CB's in Europe by the time he hits his late 20's. He's got everything needed to perform spectacularly, good reading of the game, good strenght, good positioning, good technique. The good technique is perhaps what's keeping him from being more consistent, as his confidence is through the roof and he tries to do some pretty neat things all the time. He just needs more composure and that can only be reached by playing games week in week out.
He's been playing regularly since coming here and some players regardless of the age never seem to improve in that area. Another thing; he struggles a lot in 1on1 situations even against most average forwards let alone WC ones and playing in a back 4 would practically mean plenty of duels of that kind. That's the way I see it at least and only time will tell, but one of the best CBs in Europe, seriously?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyways, the one attribute I love the most about him, is the same thing that I loved about Gatusso, he's got his heart on sleeve.
He's got heart I give him that. The way he scared off the robbers was hilarious, but stupid as well.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He's been playing regularly since coming here and some players regardless of the age never seem to improve in that area. Another thing; he struggles a lot in 1on1 situations even against most average forwards let alone WC ones and playing in a back 4 would practically mean plenty of duels of that kind. That's the way I see it at least and only time will tell, but one of the best CBs in Europe, seriously?
You're being too harsh on him, don't forget defender are like wine, they age with time. Bonucci is only 26 years old.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
The reason why he struggles that much in 1on1 situations can be (partially) dotted down to the fact that when Bonucci needs to take on players, they are running at him with full speed, because they've passed either Barza go Chiello. Bonucci is almost always on the backfoot, which I'm sure you know makes it much harder to defend. Chiello and Barza have it easier when it comes to that, they push up and try to stop the attacker from turning with the ball, or they come running at him while he is standing still right after receiving the ball.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Bonucci will be one of the best CB's in Europe by the time he hits his late 20's. He's got everything needed to perform spectacularly, good reading of the game, good strenght, good positioning, good technique. The good technique is perhaps what's keeping him from being more consistent, as his confidence is through the roof and he tries to do some pretty neat things all the time. He just needs more composure and that can only be reached by playing games week in week out.
He's good at nearly everything bar pure defence. He's a weakling 1v1 in most situations and gives you heart attacks when trying to defend in sticky situations. He doesn't have a natural defenders instinct and hence relies on the other back 2 to defend.

Apr 8, 2013
I've always thinked of him as our weakest link on the starting XI, but I liked the performances he put in against Madrid and Napoli. Really great.

Hopefully it's the start of a new Bonucci, more aware, expert and focused on the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)