Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
one could say that it was pirlos fault, but than again we know he is slow and should not expect him to be able to cover the whole midfield alone, as he was in this instance. i am instead blaming giovinco for not finish the attack and loosing the ball at the closing stages of the half. us not beeing in balance was the reason for this goal
Pirlo runs like hell in this scheme. His stamina is incredible for his age. But anyway, I think he was really tired. Like Vidal.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Bonucci tries to block shots that are in the middle of the net FFS. He has to know where he is.
You can't really expect a player to know precisely enough their position and the angle of the shot to know if they should block it or not.

If you are a CB and you have a chance to make the block, you've got to go for it.

Some, inevitably, will deflect in.

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo runs like hell in this scheme. His stamina is incredible for his age. But anyway, I think he was really tired. Like Vidal.
:agree:

The midfield three has an awful lot of ground to cover when Juve, as was the case for large chunks of the second half, are basically playing with five at the back.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
one could say that it was pirlos fault, but than again we know he is slow and should not expect him to be able to cover the whole midfield alone, as he was in this instance. i am instead blaming giovinco for not finish the attack and loosing the ball at the closing stages of the half. us not beeing in balance was the reason for this goal
I don't buy that. You have to at least dive at the shot. Pirlo could have done much more. It was barely half way through the match.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't really expect a player to know precisely enough their position and the angle of the shot to know if they should block it or not.

If you are a CB and you have a chance to make the block, you've got to go for it.

Some, inevitably, will deflect in.

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

The midfield three has an awful lot of ground to cover when Juve, as was the case for large chunks of the second half, are basically playing with five at the back.
It's not an easy thing for a player to just let the ball in on net but this is not the first time Bonucci has fucked up royally. He has Buffon in net, not some scrub. If he does not anticipate the ball finding the corner of the net he's better off just leaving it be. It's not the first time he's done this. He has to learn at some point because it has cost us points on at least 2 occasions.

Like I said, there was also a time earlier in the match where he put his foot out last second on a ball that was CLEARLY headed towards the middle of the net. Harmlessly even. It's just poor defending IMO. He is fairly deep in the line and can see the ball's flight good enough. He is standing in the middle of the box on both occasions today.

To me, he's proven that he can't block those shots adequately so stop trying. It has cost us time and again. Just stop, and trust your goalie. He has to know that he's in the middle of the box on those occasions, FFS he's the sweeper.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Bonucci should move away from balls that are shot towards goal? :lol:

If he did that we would concede a hell of a lot more than we're doing right now and Bonucci would be blamed again. This is football, you block shots as a CB and some of them, as Red said, deflect into goal. You don't move out of position to let a shot pass towards goal, defeats the purpose of defending it.

I wish more people in here had actually played football in their lives, the discussions would be so much easier :p

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
haha yeah that was a weird one even Gigi was surprised, Bon just needs to focus more.
Not a question of focus.

Bonucci's only intention was to stop his man getting to the ball, rather than being interested in attacking the ball himself in order to clear it properly.

That meant he got himself into a horrible position where he could do nothing other than what he did - and hope for the best - when the ball came to him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 84)