Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
This is why I don't follow the live thread, because I must have watched a different game to the crowd.

I didn't see any problems from him tonight, aside from him taking the lead in starting attacks. Considering Pirlo was out and he is a senior player to Pogba I'd say that is expected. Also, because Chievo were so deep for nearly all of the game it allowed us to bypass the initial midfield phase and attack immediately.

Pogba had a neat enough game, but he only had to play a facilitating role tonight, rather than being the creative centre.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's not just tonight, he's like that every match but people tend to ignore it.
He had three very good attacking passes vs Chelsea.
I'm just amused by his non-existent conversion rate today. Today was a good day as any to practise I guess. He plays the long balls because Conte asks him to play it. If he didn't have the blessing of the coach, I doubt he'd be doing it so frequently.

Japp

Sep 19, 2012
This is why I don't follow the live thread, because I must have watched a different game to the crowd.

I didn't see any problems from him tonight, aside from him taking the lead in starting attacks. Considering Pirlo was out and he is a senior player to Pogba I'd say that is expected. Also, because Chievo were so deep for nearly all of the game it allowed us to bypass the initial midfield phase and attack immediately.

Pogba had a neat enough game, but he only had to play a facilitating role tonight, rather than being the creative centre.
He had 2 key passes according to Whoscroed and 88% accuracy, I don't see how is that bad considering he played a lot of difficult passes.
Also, is that an observer in your avatar?:D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He had 2 key passes according to Whoscroed and 88% accuracy, I don't see how is that bad considering he played a lot of difficult passes.
Also, is that an observer in your avatar?:D
It is :D

Not sure how accurate that site is, but seems to reflect what I saw. For example in the last 5-10 minutes he made a 50 yard pass over to someone in the right wing position.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
He was quite simply awesome today. Not one mistake, took the lead when the midfield was closed down. Pressed high and won almost all of his duels. If we could get this kind of performance every time he would really grow into something special.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
I hope our defensive regains the form it had last year. We've conceded a lot more than usual, and the back line is certainly in part to blame.
If they play like this, we'll be better than last year. Closing down pirlo will no longer be as big a problem, since the likes of Bonu and Lucy helping to build up attacks from behind, adds a whole new dimension to our game. :xfinger:

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
If they play like this, we'll be better than last year. Closing down pirlo will no longer be as big a problem, since the likes of Bonu and Lucy helping to build up attacks from behind, adds a whole new dimension to our game. :xfinger:
Trust me, if Marrone gets ample opportunities, we'll be even more impressive. The guy is silky smooth with his passing, has the necessary physical attributes, and is both calm and composed on the ball. Marrone :touched: :heart:

Aug 1, 2003

Don't worry I watched this game too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 15, Guests: 484)