• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Actually he's very good on 1 against 1 chances. The midfield left the whole defense too exposed in the first half, which made everything much more complicated then it needed to be.

Barzagli was worse today.
He had a mix of bad and some good. Barzagli was shockingly bad today and our worst defender on the day.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
He was shit, but so was the entire defense. Our midfield left the D exposed today, and it cruelly should what can happen to us when that is the case. Our defense is actually made to look better than it actually is thanks to protection from the midfield, particularly Vidal, who is a beast. Moreoever, our wingbacks were quite average as well (not tracking back in some instances) thus putting more pressure on the D. Having said that, our defense isn't usually as horrific as this, and today they were just slow, lethargic, and failed to function as a unit. It's a good thing this happened in a game against Genoa, and not in a crucial title decider or a tough CL tie.

I'd like to see Marrone get more games @ CB; I think he'd be a revelation there.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
I watched the game in a sports bar with plenty guys who were not Juve fans and they dont even watch Serie A, they were asking to sub him out. He is such a burden sometimes!

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He wasn't our worst defender on the day. Barzagli was god awful, absolute dogshit performance. I thought Bonucci improved considerably in the 2nd half. Much more room for improvement though.

And as others have pointed out, our midfield was non existant in the first half. Giacch-Pirlo-Marchisio was way too lightweight against a team like Genoa away from home, the midfield was being overrun and our defence was left exposed one too many times.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Even though (And I'm not sure that Gigi would've saved it), you can't deny Bon that he did stop Boriello.

It's ok to critisice him as much as you want but give him credit when its due...

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Strange game from Bonucci, he did some fantastic goal saving challenges but had some awful lacks in concentration (although so did Chiellini and Barzagli).

In the first half it was like the SuperCopa vs Napoli where we played far too high a line which didn't help.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The ball was already heading to Buffon's hands. Either way Buffon would've saved it.
That's impossible to know, you can't judge just because Buffon looked like he was behind it. The ball only travels 1 yard from Borriello to Bonucci, so you can't be sure where it was really heading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 99)

• JCK