Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Back to square one, I guess. Maybe we should just always bench him against Napoli; they seem to bring out the worst in him.

Apr 15, 2006
It's obvious that he plays better when he's partnered with Chiellini and Barzagli. This is not the same defence that won us those games towards the end of the season. Forget about this game and look forward to next season.

Apr 15, 2006
Wrong. We need better fullbacks first. Especially on the left. With PDC injured, we needed to field mediocre players like Esti to replace him. This is what is hurting us. We need to keep Bonucci as backup, make Barzagli-Chiellini as our preferred starting pair, and get a proper LB/LWB.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
K I'm the last person to of thought I'd say this but the guy has done well after his fuck ups. He stepped up and prOved he has ability to become better. I agree the another cb should be bought but not priority. Striker then a LB preferably better the PDC but since fullback arnt exactly a position that has a lot to choose from a formitable back up atleast.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
Seeing the goal replays (I didn't watch the match until there's less than 20 minutes left in the game), I'd say there were somewhat suspect decisions from him. Poor communication with Storari and Barzagli first goal. And in the second goal Bonucci got somewhat confused to me and made a bit late decision to close down Hamsik instead of Pandev (was it?), which is odd considering he knew Barzagli was in front of Pandev as he looked right to Barzagli right before Pandev was close to him. There's no point of double marking Pandev when there's only him and Barzagli; he played too deep to make an offside trap but got out of position to close down Pandev. Either you push up (to force the pass thus offside trap would stand) or mark the wide man but he got a bit of both and being outrunned in the process.

Too bad that after good run of performance from our defense, they ended the season with a mistake which cost us a Coppa.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
'Horrible' is stretch.

Played some part in the penalty, but it was Storari's poor judgement that mainly caused the penalty, he had no business rushing out when Lavezzi was surrounded by 2 defenders. It was difficult for Lavezzi to shoot from there anyway.

2nd goal is definitely not his mistake, counter attack and he was trying to close down Pandev. If any, it's Caceres who should marked Hamsik.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
I didn't mean to take the credit from Napoli forwards though, they indeed showed good determination and good runs but our defense just couldn't cope with it in critical situations.

---------- Post added 21.05.2012 at 15:26 ----------

2nd goal is definitely not his mistake, counter attack and he was trying to close down Pandev. If any, it's Caceres who should marked Hamsik.
Not a mistake, it's indeed a very difficult situation but I just thought he could do better.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
It's obvious that he plays better when he's partnered with Chiellini and Barzagli. This is not the same defence that won us those games towards the end of the season. Forget about this game and look forward to next season.
everybody would play better with them, as he would be less exposed, to show his true value...
Anyway, since Conte likes the 3 man defence, we must have greater depth in CBs, Caceres and Bonucci will be reliable at 28. but we need one more at Barzagli level, esp for the CL semis, Chie wont be available.

blondu

Grazie Ale
Nov 9, 2006
'Horrible' is stretch.

Played some part in the penalty, but it was Storari's poor judgement that mainly caused the penalty, he had no business rushing out when Lavezzi was surrounded by 2 defenders. It was difficult for Lavezzi to shoot from there anyway.

at the first goal he simply let lavezzi on 1vs1 with storari, he should've protected the ball or clear it away..storari had nothing to do in that situation, no blame at all..
2nd goal, he tried to get close to pandev to make the offside trap but he was 2 meters behind the other cb's...

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
blʘndu;3682398 said:
at the first goal he simply let lavezzi on 1vs1 with storari, he should've protected the ball or clear it away..storari had nothing to do in that situation, no blame at all..
2nd goal, he tried to get close to pandev to make the offside trap but he was 2 meters behind the other cb's...
I can't blame him for second ball even though his positioning wasn't good. Estigaribia was way too late.

If a good offers come I wouldn't mind selling him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
blʘndu;3682398 said:
So, Bonucci gets all the blame? That's just unfair.

In fact, more than %75 of the blame is on Storari. The angle where Lavezzi was supposed to shoot is almost impossible to score from and he had no teammates around. Plus, Bonucci and Barzagli/Caceres were close to Lavezzi to close him down.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 22)