Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
As you saw, we played lots of our benchplayers that game. Underestimated the opposition plus giving minutes to those who hadnt gotten much yet.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Nope, was more of giving minutes to the benchplayers. And that game made more sense to do then any other game in our schedule.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Bonucci reveals childhood illness

Juventus and Italy defender Leonardo Bonucci reveals his early career was blighted by a bone disease.

“As a lad I missed five months of sporting activity to Osgood-Schlatter disease, a syndrome that affects the bones during growth spurts,” revealed the 23-year-old.

“It used to wake me up at night with the pain in my knees. My motto is from difficulties up to the stars. I got a tattoo to represent that when I used to sit in the stands at Treviso.”

He is now one of the brightest prospects in Italian football and has shown a tendency to score plenty of goals for a centre-back.

“Since I was in the youth team I would love to dribble past opponents with a dummy. That tendency got even stronger under Giampiero Ventura at Bari, as we never threw the ball away,” he told La Stampa newspaper.

“These technical flicks and tricks come naturally to me and I don’t really think about them.

“I did a backheel against Udinese and if he could’ve done, the Coach would’ve strangled me!

“Unfortunately, or fortunately, it is a characteristic of mine, but I must try to limit it.”

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
tbh u got to admit this kid is pretty top notch with the ball.. he got great technique and he is calm and always make the right pass and even counter attacks.. i like this kid a lot and he isn't mediocre as some people claims..

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Guys, I dunno if u've discussed this issue before ..

Anyway ..

Moggi said once : I would never buy two CBs who have the same abilities and properties ..

wut do u say ?
do u think that Giorgioni and Bonucci are like wut moggi said ?

By the way, I like it when Leo scores and celebrates in his own way .. :scarf:
On spall space and in marking and pure defending, chiellini is inferior to no one,and despite lenght, he is rather agile imo. Terrifing at defending forward, like cannavaro could ten to 5 years ago. However, he is just as technically weak in passing the ball, and average at running with it.

Bonuci reminds me a bit of nesta, a technical centreback with loads of potential, that can build up the play very well with passes and good technique. also good in small space.

that both are good at providing in attack, is a bonus

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I also suffered from the Osgood-Schlatter disease, back then in my times, there was no cure for my cause and that effectively killed my "carrier".
I m glad that Bonucci made it and hope that he will remain injury free,
as for the dribbling, yes it can be danzerous and it is a taboo in Italy,
but as long as it does not compromise our defensive solidarity.
We need the extra drops of technique.
However the priority remains to build a solid partnership with Chiello,
its already bad enough we could afford a Ranocchia and Kjaer, but we chose him,
despite the permanent loss of Criscito (both as a player in a position we still need a massive investment and as a potential capital from a possible sale of his real value)
Lets just hope that Bonucci will be still improving and develop into a 20mil (world class ? ) CB.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
i'm not shure kjaer and ranocchia have more potential.

and bonucci can train along chiellini.

also bonucci clearly is the most technically gifted of the tree, and we kinda lacked a CB with good technique for buildup, dangoures long balls etc

ceezy

Sep 1, 2010
i'm not shure kjaer and ranocchia have more potential.

and bonucci can train along chiellini.

also bonucci clearly is the most technically gifted of the tree, and we kinda lacked a CB with good technique for buildup, dangoures long balls etc
Yeah difficult to say who has more "potential".

I love Bonucci, but I also really like Ranocchia too. I think he will also be a fine CB.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
that doesn't really help when 3 times already the opposing team has scored 4 goals against us.
If u blame him then blame chiellini too.. tbh u shouldn't blame this 2 specially it takes a little time for the CB pair to gel with each other. the problem is the fullbacks, Ahmed.. Motta and De Cegile or even Grygera are out from earth when it comes for defending specially against gifted players like Cassano or Pastore or even Giovinco if he plays against us. for 22 old i think Bonucci is going to be a classy CB he is so gifted for this position and his technique is a big bonus for us. he is still young but not like the likes of Motta or De Cegile he got real potential to make it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 81)