Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
At times Leo was definitely subjected to some excessive criticism around these parts. He's had some tough matches, but this thread got nasty at times.

Love the character, and he's come so far as a player. Fundamental part of the team, and when he retires, he's going to have himself a pretty legendary trophy cabinet.

Was excellent today, MoM, and we sure needed that spark.

:heart:

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
At times Leo was definitely subjected to some excessive criticism around these parts. He's had some tough matches, but this thread got nasty at times. Love the character, and he's come so far as a player. Fundamental part of the team, and when he retires, he's going to have himself a pretty legendary trophy cabinet.Was excellent today, MoM, and we sure needed that spark. :heart:
What he has improved a lot was his error prone nature. H was simply too error prone. He is not the most elegant defender there is..in fact he still looks like a retard when doing his things... but he has learned to anticipate well plays...improved his tackles and knows how to exploit his ball passing skills.That coupled with minimizing his errors substantially has helped him a lot.

His weak point continue being 1v1s on counters and freekicks/corner situations, but luckily we defend as a unit and can cover up this.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
What he has improved a lot was his error prone nature. H was simply too error prone. He is not the most elegant defender there is..in fact he still looks like a retard when doing his things... but he has learned to anticipate well plays...improved his tackles and knows how to exploit his ball passing skills.That coupled with minimizing his errors substantially has helped him a lot.

His weak point continue being 1v1s on counters and freekicks/corner situations, but luckily we defend as a unit and can cover up this.
Ya I really agree with this.

Now that he's minimized those errors his passing is a huge boost for us. To go from the sweeper up to the striker with a quick pass is really useful for us sometimes.

I think Allegri has helped him more than Conte. It's easier for the sweeper to play the ball with Allegri's tactics. Defensively I still find him light in the air and even though he's improved 1 on 1, obviously he is not Barzagli or Chiellini.

But in terms of pure defending nowadays you can't find many players on the level of Barzagli so Bonucci is adequate. Bonucci has progressed to the point where I think I would easily take him over Sergio Ramos for example.

But his spirit is his best quality. True Juventino in my eyes.

juvefan27

Apr 17, 2012
Honestly, I'd have a lot of respect for @Cronios if he would just admit he was wrong about Bonucci.

He must know it, deep down. Just let the light in man.

(Although if he can't admit he was wrong about Marotta then there's probably no hope...)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 17, Guests: 662)