Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Bonucci today was the worst man on the pitch, he rediculated himsel and our jersey numerous times.
He was even worse than that serie B player, Padoin.
Apart from the ultranationalists that only support him because of his nationality and the faqs that are physically attracted by him, objectively todays football perfromance was horrible!

And as for the previous game, i invite you to watch the game again and see Caceres making a match saver interception twice!
Bonucci also had a great game indeed, with great interventions as well, it was just that Caceres, considering his standards and that crucial intervention stole the day!
Lets take it easy now.

Aug 1, 2003
Well that was a Bonucci-like mistake for you... lucky it didn't cost us.

He's not the best defender in the world, but I still rate the guy. He's pretty consistent, has actually improved on his long passes to the team, and sure can produce fine tackles.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Not surprised really with last night's stupid mistake.

He reminds me of Melo a lot, can have many decent games but he'll screw up that one game (in his and Melo case many) where it is a key game that can cost us a title.

He's just that type of player.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
It's all your own fault if you keep replying to that troll. He's just seeking attention and he's getting it thanks to you.

The last part is irrelevant and listen bud; it's not really important who plays, be it Bonucci, Chiellini, Ogbonna, Marchisio, Pogba or someone other for that matter. Let's leave this fanboyism aside for once, the team is what's truly important here and Bonucci fucked up majorly in the first half, not for the first time and certainly not for the last one. That's the worrisome thing, playing here for a 3 years and still making blunders like these every now and then. If it hadn't been for Buffon, who rolled back the years tonight, we would have left empty handed. No doubt about it. That said I hope for the best from him from now on.
Fanboyism isn't irrelevant when it's almost always the same people (you, Cronios and only-juve) who will be waiting for Bonucci to make an error so you can underline it here. Don't play that card on me. I don't see the same effort especially from you when someone else makes an error, bar obviously Marchisio. It's cute that you mentioned him though.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Besides, Ogbonna is the sort of defender who has made plenty of brain farts during his Torino career, and a couple of less harmful ones at Juventus. I like him as a player, but he's not an upgrade. He's a similar level, the best you can expect from him at this stage of his career.

Put simply the further towards your own goal a player makes a mistake the greater danger it causes. We talk about mistakes that Bonucci makes or other defenders but his is the most high risk position after Buffon. It does scare me at times, but that is his game. He always tries to play, and sometimes he needs to rely on others to bail him out. That is part of their job.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, I'm inclined to think that if you are a team that always wants your defenders to play and not just safely hoof the ball away, you have to be willing to accept the risks that go with that.

Not that everything shouldn't be done to limit the errors, but there are inevitably still going to be some.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Fanboyism isn't irrelevant when it's almost always the same people (you, Cronios and only-juve) who will be waiting for Bonucci to make an error so you can underline it here. Don't play that card on me. I don't see the same effort especially from you when someone else makes an error, bar obviously Marchisio. It's cute that you mentioned him though.
I seldom visit players' threads after a bad performance. At most I'll write a single line, word and more often not even that. Simply don't find a kick in it. When I do comment on someone, it's more like my general opinion or impression based on little more than a single blunder. I said liability last night meaning that he still does the same mistakes, less frequently, but still ever since joining here. I said few positives as well over the time and not always do I point at one's shortcomings.

- - - Updated - - -

Besides, Ogbonna is the sort of defender who has made plenty of brain farts during his Torino career, and a couple of less harmful ones at Juventus. I like him as a player, but he's not an upgrade. He's a similar level, the best you can expect from him at this stage of his career.
He certainly doesn't make mistakes like these. Plenty of brainfarts? Now I'm positive you've never seen him before joining Juve. For our current play Bonucci is more essential and his play making abilities are indeed appreciated, thus he's ahead of Ogbonna.

He always tries to play, and sometimes he needs to rely on others to bail him out. That is part of their job.
You can sugarcoat it in whichever way you like, but mistakes that can result with goalscoring opportunity can't be anyone else's responsibility. For the second time this season what really should have been an easy pass to make, he had made it difficult for Buffon.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
He didn't attack a single ball all match. What a fucking pussy. He will never be a real defender.

Where the fuck is Ogbonna in a game like this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 89)