Where does he stand

• Legend

• Tuz Favorite

• Rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Still cannot believe we made this guy our captain.
And some think he should be in legend section.

He is native Italian and speaks better than totti and does an ok job talking to refs when they make BS calls. I like how practical we are as a club but that was too practical a decision after he celebrated in front the same curva and he sat and sang with.

- - - Updated - - -

He finally delivered for them lol

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
While I agree he shouldn't be our captain, there are some overreactions here. He had a horrendous game in San Siro but he's been putting some fine performances most of the season. I understand it's Milan and nobody hates that club more than I do, but Bonucci isn't the washed up defender some are suggesting.

He needs a De Ligt or Demiral type of a defender next to him, they compliment each other. Rugani is an insecure partner who shouldn't be in our squad to begin with.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
While I agree he shouldn't be our captain, there are some overreactions here. He had a horrendous game in San Siro but he's been putting some fine performances most of the season. I understand it's Milan and nobody hates that club more than I do, but Bonucci isn't the washed up defender some are suggesting.

He needs a De Ligt or Demiral type of a defender next to him, they compliment each other. Rugani is an insecure partner who shouldn't be in our squad to begin with.
Tuz is emotional and reactionary. Last game always matters more than rest combined.

Yeah he has had a good season, and yes, the mental scars from his garlic breathing tormenter can resurface any moment without a secure partner.

athas

Jul 15, 2007

The problem is, errors is always part of his game. You don't notice because his errors doesn't always lead to goals. For example, last match again Torino, do you remember he miss a few header in dangerous area, or he got dribbled by Verdi, fail ass-tackle similar to Kessie's goal yesterday? Of course we don't remember, because Torino didn't score. Even in Milan match, in 1st he put in a half-ass effort on Ibra, but Ibra didn't convert, so no one talk about it. His error will always be there, yesterday it wasn't the first, but it hit us in the worst situation, when all our capable player tired and need replace.

Juventus_Vs_AC_Milan_First_Half_All_Goals_Extended_Highlights.gif

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Chielini has had some errors in him throughout his career as well. Some are huge errors like the slips in major UCL knockout games. Ramos and some other legendary defenders too. I'm not comparing Bonucci to those but we tend to forget about Chiellini's mistakes, for example, because we all love him. The opposite for Bonucci.

There is no denying the game last night was one of his worst ever performances.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Chielini has had some errors in him throughout his career as well. Some are huge errors like the slips in major UCL knockout games. Ramos and some other legendary defenders too. I'm not comparing Bonucci to those but we tend to forget about Chiellini's mistakes, for example, because we all love him. The opposite for Bonucci.

There is no denying the game last night was one of his worst ever performances.
The difference is that Chiellini slipped, it can happen to anybody. There is no doubt he can defend and that cannot be questioned. The amount of slips you have resulting in a goal is going to be low over the course of your career.

Bonucci has a fundamental weakness in defending which has cost many goals and will continue to do so. If it was a one off error fine but it clearly isn't. He is not good enough for us to win the Champions League. I have no doubts in Chiellini's abilities.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
I can forget Bonucci's mistake if he rarely make it like Chiellini, that's the big different.
Not just that. Chiellini dominates defensively, not Bonucci.

When we call a game by Bonucci good is one where he wasn't at fault

For Chiellini that's one where he proactively defends and get the better of others

That's normal that we don't hold them to the same standards

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Whoever coached his positioning against runners needs to be teabagged with that pose.

It's actually pathetic, letting the opponent be shown onto his stronger foot in a better position in front of goal.

Capitano Brainfart. "Sempre io"

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
They already extended his contract until 2024 this season. I think he´ll be a starter here until the end. If Pep comes here he also rates him. He´s also 32 which means it´s too late for him to improve his deficiencies.

In other words the fans have to live with the good and the bad of Bonucci for 4 more years, at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)