Leonardo Bonucci (15 Viewers)

Where do you see him

• Legends

• Rookie/history

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sep 4, 2006
he really is the playmaker of this team. amazing considering he's a CB, and will go down a a legend because of this unique ability.

other players might get more assists than him, but he makes our dacdical flow.....flow smoothly.
The difference between team last season without him and team this season with him. Pretenders to World Class.

Aug 22, 2007
Interview by Corriere:

My dream is to become an important coach of a great team, possibly Juventus, which is why I am observing and putting aside all the secrets of the various coaches I met in my career.

It is something I have been thinking about for several years, to continue in football like this, maybe even in my Juventus.

Allegri is an intelligent man and this allows him to know how to manage a dressing room as important as that of Juventus. Which is not easy at all, with 24 champions. What's important is to make everyone feel they could be a starter.

He was lucky enough to gain experience in Milan, where there were players of a certain thickness.

There are times when there is tension in football. Stress, important games. It happens to have discussions, even lit ones.

In football there can be some tense moments. It's because of the stress, of important games. It can happen to have arguments.

But then you clear things up like adults, you shake hands and move forwrd together towards the same goal.

During the last four months at Juventus, some things happened on a personal level, that had touched my pride, and I couldn't let them go.

It was a difficult choice, but with time I realised that leaving Juve was not the right choice.

Together with President Agnelli and my agent I was lucky enough to be able to make this return happen and I realized that it was the only thing I really wanted. Juventus is a family.

Stepping inside Juventus changing room felt weird. I was in a new place but it felt like I had never left. This stadium, this club and this city are my home. I came back and found the same faces, same places & same hugs.

It's nice to be back, nice to sit in a locker-room where you turn your head and find Barzagli and Chiellini next to you.

What is the BBC? It's a friendship, it's an experience, it's a professional and personal harmony. In short, it's synergy. We played together, won together and lived together. Us three and then there is the capital B that must be added, the B of the great Gigi Buffon.

When you move away you leave friendships, personal relationships and more. On the field, apart from Barzagli and Chiellini, there also was Benatia, a great player, and Rugani, one of the best young players. Leaving all this taught me a lot.

It taught me that decisions that are taken during a moment of anger are ones that almost always end up being wrong, and are not the same as ones that are taken with a clear mind.

Juventus is like a family, this is the only place where I can express myself at the top level both on and off the pitch.

In Juve there is seriousness, and there is a mentality with which one points all towards the same goal. I think this is the great secret of the club that has entered history. It wins and will continue to win.

The whistles from the supporters? I deserved them, just like I deserved the applause, and I hope to continue to deserve the applause because it means that I am doing my duty.

Threats on Social Media? It's often by people who want a way to express their personal dissatisfactions in life. Sometimes even by those who ask you for an autograph. The problem of social media is that it brings to life a new dimension, in between virtual and reality.

Once while walking down the street I was asked by fan to take a picture with him, so I did, then he posted it on social media with some insults. I then met him again and he started apologizing and asking for forgiveness.

Regardless of my return or Ronaldo's arrival, the club have built an important squad, who are able to compete with the two, three top European sides and hopefully win the Champions League. Obviously, with Cristiano the chances become better.

Cristiano is a humble guy, he is a spur for everyone to do better. When you see someone who has won 5 Golden Balls, is 33 yrs old, train with the intensity that he does, you can only admire him and try to copy him. Ronaldo brings a lot to Juve.

The toughest striker I have ever faced? Cristiano, without a single doubt. Whenever we faced him, and the numbers prove it, he has always put our defense in difficulty.

A match I would like to re-play? The EURO 2012 final against Spain, because I think we could have given a lot more. I would willingly play that game again.

The game I’d like to forget completely was our second Champions League Final. We believed in Cardiff. It hurts to remember it.

Most intelligent player I came across in my career, on & off the pitch? On the pitch it's easy, Pirlo. But at a 360 level I believe Giorgio Chiellini is the best example. A great player but also a great family man & father, who pursued intense studies till he graduated.

My choice of young Italian defenders? Romagnoli has shown a lot of growth and is well experienced. I would put Rugani next to him, perfect partnership. Romagna will one day wear the Juve jersey, a CB who has the personality and physical strength to reach a great level.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)