Lennon: Ready for the challenge (2 Viewers)

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Celtic boss Neil Lennon admits the Bianconeri will provide a stern test on Tuesday night but insists his team are relishing the challenge of pitting their wits against Antonio Conte’s men in front of a capacity crowd at Parkhead.
Speaking to reporters at Celtic Park, Lennon began: “We’re looking forward to the challenge that lies ahead from Juventus. They are well organised, very strong defensively and blessed with fantastic footballers.
“Matri’s caught my eye recently, Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba are all talented players, while Pirlo is still one of the finest midfielders in world football.
“We’re facing a great team with a great coach and it’s very exciting for me to challenge myself against Juventus and Antonio Conte.
“Having said that, it would be dangerous to underestimate Celtic. Anything can happen over two games, nothing’s decided tomorrow night and we’ll play with full commitment over the 180 minutes.”
The Bhoys currently sit 18 points clear at the top of the Scottish Premiership and have displayed remarkable character to overcome the odds in this season’s Champions League with memorable victories over Benfica and Barcelona.
And Lennon, who figured in the Celtic side that silenced Marcello Lippi’s Juventus with a 4-3 win in 2001, believes restoring the Scottish club’s competitive edge in Europe is a feat to be proud of.
“Bringing these big European nights back to Celtic Park has been one of my best achievements. It is a fantastic football arena and provides one of the best atmospheres in world football. Anyone who has experienced these nights here knows exactly what I’m talking about.”
Having put the Bhoys through their paces at the club’s Lennoxtown training complex this morning, Lennon provided reporters with an update on the fitness of his players.
Of particular interest was the condition of key defender Efe Ambrose, who is yet to link up with the squad after figuring in Nigeria’s African Cup of Nations win on Sunday night.
“Ambrose is expected to arrive tomorrow morning and we’ll assess his fitness then. Congratulations to him and his country on winning the African Cup of Nations. It’s great exposure for our club to have a player winning such a prestigious competition.”
Returning to tomorrow’s visit of the Bianconeri, Lennon revealed that he had taken the opportunity to tap into Sir Alex Ferguson’s wealth of experience as he readies his squad for a tough double header.
“I’ve spoken to Sir Alex. He took time out of his busy schedule to come and visit myself and my backroom staff. It’s fantastic for a young manager to be able to receive a few pointers here and there. He’s always willing to help.”

Source: Juventus.com

Buy on AliExpress.com

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)