Legrotagllie Statistics (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2003
here is what Legro said from Channel4!

Legro wants Juve role!

Nicola Legrottaglie is hopeful that he will be a part of Fabio Capello’s plans at Juventus next season.

The defender, who nearly joined Roma last summer, had a difficult first term in Turin but is looking to bounce back.

"Capello already wanted me at Roma a year ago and I hope he still rates me despite the highs and lows of last season," said the stopper.

"I heard the news that Capello had joined Juventus through the media and it was a pleasing surprise.

"He is one of the best tacticians around and is a proven winner. He was the only man that could really succeed Marcello Lippi."

Legrottaglie did struggle at times as Juventus conceded a massive 42 League goals in the last campaign.

He suffered with numerous injuries and poor form which saw him also miss out on Italy’s Euro 2004 bid.

"After being a part of the squad that qualified for two years I’m really saddened that I missed out," he explained.

"I thought that I had at least a 70 per cent chance of getting a call. I knew I hadn’t had the best of seasons but believed that I had done enough in the last two years for my inclusion."

Meanwhile, reports suggest that Capello has asked Juventus to make a bid for Fabio Cannavaro.

The Italian international, 31, could be tempted to leave Inter after never really settling at the San Siro.

I say forget the bad year and when he is doing good Capello will field him but he must improve!

Jul 28, 2002
Maybe he will wake up and learn how to defend, if mexes partners him,hopefully he may regain some stability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)